Crappy Tire deals this week | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crappy Tire deals this week

I bought the Bondic stuff. UV cured adhesives are pretty cool if this is the real deal. You can also use it for building small structural elements and also making threads etc. I put it in the toolbox with the JB Weld. I als got a small mechanic tool chest for $100 with $100 off for wrenches etc. It was big enough for my largest torque wrench. Crappy Tire is what it is...functional. At least customer service is pretty good...if something screws up I just return it with no questions asked.

seriously thinking about the motorcycle jack. It's a great price...any link to a review thread? I'd like to start changing my own tires out and this would be needed.

The odds of a compatible interface are stunningly low. Most people need to make alternate arrangements. Three of my bikes have skid plates, so perfect. The other bikes, I use different jacking devices entirely. I hope you don't mind me interjecting on the matter. I'm not an expert on many things but feel I am playing to my strengths on this.

If you helped Jack on the horse....?

Don't mind at all. I am less of an expert on most things. I just remember coming across that tidbit of info. That's why I don’t do any work on my bike. I wouldn't even know how to lift it properly.
Am I the only one that avoids buying anything (mostly tools) from Can Tire until it goes on sale? I'd hate to pay full pop and then see it next month for 70% off.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Considering buying some rotella but ive only got like 500kms since my last oil change. Any harm in letting oil sit sealed in the container in the garage for a couple months?

Its only $7 off anyways, maybe not worth even bothering

$7 is $7, check to see if the mail in rebate from shell is still active too. Keep it sealed and coolish and the oil will be fine for a longtime.

Am I the only one that avoids buying anything (mostly tools) from Can Tire until it goes on sale? I'd hate to pay full pop and then see it next month for 70% off.

I have a friend who lives for the Friday CTC flyer. Will not pay full pop even if he'll never use the tool:cool:

I have a friend who lives for the Friday CTC flyer. Will not pay full pop even if he'll never use the tool:cool:

Mastercraft maximum tools on deep sale are obligatory purchases whether I need them or not usually.

I live by that philosophy. I sware the entire store is on a sale rotation every month. Wait a couple weeks and it's almost guaranteed to end up on sale. Some items (like this stanley socket set ive been watching) don't ever go off sale. Ive been watching the price get lower and lower since christmas, just waiting to pounce on it.

Oh and shell rotella dino is in the TSC flyer I got yesterday. $3.50 for 936mL, gonna stock up. My KLR stopped burning oil since i started using it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

$7 is $7, check to see if the mail in rebate from shell is still active too. Keep it sealed and coolish and the oil will be fine for a longtime.

It is still active, good call. Ok I'll probably be picking up a jug then.

Most oil has been in the ground for a couple million years so a decade or so in a jug should be fine, maybe better. I always shake the jug to be sure all the additives are mixed up nice.

I have a Cooey.22 that came from CTC, I like to tell myself its a Winchester.

seriously thinking about the motorcycle jack. It's a great price...any link to a review thread? I'd like to start changing my own tires out and this would be needed.

I use it on my KTM, works flawlessly. If the design suits your bike, I see no reason not to get it.

FUaF8jLh.jpg

On another note...went to buy one of the MC jacks at Cdn tire tonight. In typical fashion, being the poster boy for Murphys Law, the store I went to was sold out. All others in a 100 Kilometer radius have at least two, however. :rolleyes:

ask for a rain-check

ask for a rain-check

Did that. Got one. Just had to laugh but when she looked in the computer there was at least two available at every other surrounding store. It's not a giant rush for me, the rain check actually works out better, I can get it in next week...which is also pay week. ;)

I was looking to get a bigger trunk socket set. I compared a bunch of socket sets from mastercraft, maximum and stanley and the socket selection they come with is kinda incomplete. I would have liked at least 15-21MM 1/2 deep and regular sockets. The sets have a lot of useless filler plastic between sockets. I would have paid paid extra for a full set. Also I would prefer to buy a metric only set.
Any one notice they changed their maximum sockets? Now they are marked with an X. Curious how they compare to the old ones.

In the end I just got the 1/2 impact set for $80. The socket walls are way thicker than the regular maximum sockets.
0581228_1

I bought the Bondic stuff. UV cured adhesives are pretty cool if this is the real deal. You can also use it for building small structural elements and also making threads etc. I put it in the toolbox with the JB Weld. I als got a small mechanic tool chest for $100 with $100 off for wrenches etc. It was big enough for my largest torque wrench. Crappy Tire is what it is...functional. At least customer service is pretty good...if something screws up I just return it with no questions asked.

I have one now for 3 years and it's great! Only on some bikes, the bar right in the centre gets in the way of plugs or filters, but it's been great on 3 bikes I've owned.

I bought a screwdriver set with like 40 screwdrivers 70% off for around 9 bux. I don't know what ill do with all these screwdrivers, but ill never need one again.

I bought a screwdriver set with like 40 screwdrivers 70% off for around 9 bux. I don't know what ill do with all these screwdrivers, but ill never need one again.
That's what you think. I only ever lose my red robbie.
Then it's cheaper to buy a whole new set.?

Looked at the tall garage cabinets and they had the Costco ones for $119 down from $279 so I decided to take a chance on them. Looks good and strong enough for my needs.

Hey Joe, if you keep up with this technical stuff, I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread. LoL.
Well done lol ?

I bought one of those jacks against the advice of a friend who had at least one kicking around under a bench. That's where mine ended up, all bright and shiny next to his dusty ones. Two issues: For a bike where the exhaust is lower than the frame, it would need some kind of alterations to catch the frame without lifting on the exhaust. On my FJ1100 there is at most 2 inches of gap to hit the frame 2 inches up, between crunchy bits to do that. I only once saw an identical jack in a U.S. site and it came with removable and adjustable outriggers you could swing into position to do just that. Damn, never could locate that source again.

Secondly, no way I was going to perch my FJ1100 on such a small footing. I'd want a wider less tippy base or have an assistant steady it and then tie off the bike on both sides to something further out than the lift.

Back
Top Bottom