Crappy Tire deals this week | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crappy Tire deals this week

jc100

Rotella T6 (and dino) on sale 15% off

Bondic UV cured plastic welder 17.99 (on sale). This stuff looks interesting, remains liquid until cured with the included UV light. Might be good for various uses, says it bonds plastic well. I'm getting some for the garage toolbox.

Motomaster motorcycle jack, 45% off $87.99 1500lb capacity

I just appreciate that someone else calls it Crappy Tire too. Which is funny and sad at the same time, because it's a staple across Canada and they do sell plenty of things we use and rely on around the home.

Crappy Tire is only in it for the money. Used to be 5% CTC cash back at every purchase and Cooey 22's behind the counter. Now it's all Chinese junk with bogus performance claims. If it's not flimsy they don't have it.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried that Bondic crap? I am not convinced that a tube of adhesive that includes a UV light and sells for less than $20 is going to work well.

Are there any alternatives to Crappy Tire for auto parts other then Napa? No PartSource doesn't count since it's run by them.

Are there any alternatives to Crappy Tire for auto parts other then Napa? No PartSource doesn't count since it's run by them.

There are auto parts stores all over the place, many of them cheaper than CT... but many of them carry junk too.

Hotspot Auto comes to mind, Platinum Auto Parts, Japan Auto Parts, Aadco Autoparts... and many more...

That jack seems a little too good to be true especially at that price considering it's supposed to lift the entire bike and not just 1 side.

That jack seems a little too good to be true especially at that price considering it's supposed to lift the entire bike and not just 1 side.

Well, just by looking at it I'm, not so sure I'd trust my bike to stay balanced on that thing. Even with ratchet down straps, I don't think the weight of the stand wound counter the possible tip over of most motorcycles. I'll stick with my pitbull stands.

There are auto parts stores all over the place, many of them cheaper than CT... but many of them carry junk too.

I was going to say, everyone carries junk.

CT's Maximum line and Princess Auto's Pro Point stuff are alright. And they both carry Channellock and Permatex, among others. It's not all bad.

The irony of ironies, that jack is well built. I have two for 10years. If it's suitable for your application it's a good value. I put a plywood and rubber pad on, goes under skid plates just fine.

you can always call it newfie speed and sport:lmao:

Well, just by looking at it I'm, not so sure I'd trust my bike to stay balanced on that thing. Even with ratchet down straps, I don't think the weight of the stand wound counter the possible tip over of most motorcycles. I'll stick with my pitbull stands.

Someone posted this deal elsewhere, a bunch of others that actually owned it followed up and said it's decent, several saying it's excellent. No stories of bikes falling off.

Considering buying some rotella but ive only got like 500kms since my last oil change. Any harm in letting oil sit sealed in the container in the garage for a couple months?

Its only $7 off anyways, maybe not worth even bothering

Considering buying some rotella but ive only got like 500kms since my last oil change. Any harm in letting oil sit sealed in the container in the garage for a couple months?

Its only $7 off anyways, maybe not worth even bothering

Using a lifeline on a question like that?

Any harm in letting oil sit sealed in the container in the garage for a couple months?

As long as it's sealed oil will last for years and years.

I recently put oil in my shitbox beater that I know was over a decade old but was still sealed. Zero problems.

On another note...went to buy one of the MC jacks at Cdn tire tonight. In typical fashion, being the poster boy for Murphys Law, the store I went to was sold out. All others in a 100 Kilometer radius have at least two, however. :rolleyes:

On another note...went to buy one of the MC jacks at Cdn tire tonight. In typical fashion, being the poster boy for Murphys Law, the store I went to was sold out. All others in a 100 Kilometer radius have at least two, however. :rolleyes:
Not sure if your bike has the same issue, but check out the Shadow forums. Many people had to do some mods to that jack to make it work.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Not sure if your bike has the same issue, but check out the Shadow forums. Many people had to do some mods to that jack to make it work.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

The odds of a compatible interface are stunningly low. Most people need to make alternate arrangements. Three of my bikes have skid plates, so perfect. The other bikes, I use different jacking devices entirely. I hope you don't mind me interjecting on the matter. I'm not an expert on many things but feel I am playing to my strengths on this.

Back
Top Bottom