Supermoto choice | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supermoto choice

I just picked up a Ktm 690 Enduro and yeah like the op said there are more in Quebec which is where I went. I'm looking for a set of sumo wheels for it.

KTM 690's are near impossible to find used in Ontario, especially at a reasonable price, it's like finding a unicorn. They are a lot more common in Quebec if you're wiling to make the trek.
There's a few on Kijiji right now and after looking at the BMW G650X that's on there the KTM prices seem pretty reasonable. 2007 BMW for $6k or 2013 KTM for the same and at least one of the KTMs has ABS while the BMW doesn't.

I was excited about the BMW until I started reading reviews which say it's about as fast as the DRZ and heavier.

Thanks for your feedback guys! Help and opinion much appreciated.
Ended up picking up a mint '07 DRZ. Pretty much stock. So just having fun with that now :)

Two wheels better than no wheels hah

Good choice man. I did the same. Ride it for a while and then consider a jet kit and the airbox mod, and a less restrictive exhaust. Makes the bike a lot peppier.

I just picked up a Ktm 690 Enduro and yeah like the op said there are more in Quebec which is where I went. I'm looking for a set of sumo wheels for it.

Always been nervous/skeptical about bikes from quebec, concerns about passing safety/title etc etc in the province of ontario

I bought my Ktm 690 from Shawinigan, QC. Had it for 4 months and did not like it on the highway. Sold it and bought Green Kawk Kermi!

I bought my Ktm 690 from Shawinigan, QC. Had it for 4 months and did not like it on the highway. Sold it and bought Green Kawk Kermi!

Why didn't you like it on the highway?

Well, the bike came with pirellis on it and the back tire was starting to square off with only 1,050 Km's on it. If you get more aggressive dirt tires on it then you'll wear them off riding on the highway to trails. You have to trailer the bike. My next set of tires was Karoo 3 and they were better on the highway but still, trying to cruise at 120 was tiresome for a full tank of fuel 250 Km's.

You don't buy a supermoto to tour or do highway runs with.

The 2017 Husqvarna 701 SM is a hell of a bike for anyone looking. Unfortunately, I had to put my SM dreams on hold otherwise that would be the bike in my garage right now.

You don't buy a supermoto to tour or do highway runs with.

The 2017 Husqvarna 701 SM is a hell of a bike for anyone looking. Unfortunately, I had to put my SM dreams on hold otherwise that would be the bike in my garage right now.

Thought you were getting a 500EXC?

And yes, my 625 is an absolute chore on the highway. Anything over 100km's away calls for a different bike. Not to mention I always lose a bolt or two when riding on the highway due to the vibrations.

Thought you were getting a 500EXC?

Dealer kept postponing delivery and could never get a straight forward answer as to when the bike will land so I just cancelled it.

The husky comes with all the SM parts right out the box so it makes sense. I'll probably have to wait until next season before I could buy one. Would do it sooner if I could.

I got a 690 enduro form quebec. Love it as offroad bike, but when i stuck sm wheels on it...holy crap!!!!
cannot get enough "braaaappp!!!!" out of it...
Highly recommended.

my 2 cents...
attachment.php

Attachments

• 690sm.jpg
    690sm.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 76
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I bought an 03 WR450F last week. Insurance on it through statefarm because its a street legal enduro and not a dual sport, $119/year. Can be as little as $90 I am told (If I added my car to the policy)[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I bought an 03 WR450F last week. Insurance on it through statefarm because its a street legal enduro and not a dual sport, $119/year. Can be as little as $90 I am told (If I added my car to the policy)[/FONT]
Did I send you a message on Kijiji pointing out the 05 wr450? If so, small world.
Congrats on the bike, the wr is a great trail bike and should be fun on the street.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Did I send you a message on Kijiji pointing out the 05 wr450? If so, small world.
Congrats on the bike, the wr is a great trail bike and should be fun on the street.
Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Sounds about right, had that wanted ad up for so long. Small world indeed. Thanks, I like it, just waiting to see what it needs to be fixed and got a plethore of upgrades in mind.

Are you saying you have full street legal insurance on your 03 WR450F for $119? That doesn't sound right....

I have a blue plated 09 WR450F and an M2 licence. The best rate I found was $480 a year with TD Insurance. State Farm wanted about $700 per year.

My Green Plated YZ250, WR250, TTR250, and TTR230 are all insured with State Farm for about $120 per year each.

When I went shopping for insurance, some companies were unable to give me a quote because the WR450F was never built as a street legal model.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom