Shipping bikes to the States | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shipping bikes to the States

eevveess

Anyone knows of any reliable and affordable companies that ship motorcycles to the States?

I am thinking of bringing my bike to ride in SF and not sure if that will be cheaper than bike rentals there.

Many thanks,

I have no experience shipping a motorcycle but I have shipped cars before.

A general aspect of shipping that is always lost upon me is that you will have to be without your vehicle for a while during the shipping process since it'll be ground shipping.

It took one car three weeks to roll from Calgary to Toronto via transport truck however if you are flying, then it only takes you hours. You'll lose precious time with your machine on both ends of the trip. In a season as short as ours, some careful deliberation is in order.

Also in some cases, you may have to check-in your vehicle way ahead of time to reserve a spot onboard whatever form of transport there is so now even more time is lost.

@-JERICHO- for some reason I always thought that @eevveess was a dudette....

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I have no experience shipping a motorcycle but I have shipped cars before.

A general aspect of shipping that is always lost upon me is that you will have to be without your vehicle for a while during the shipping process since it'll be ground shipping.

It took one car three weeks to roll from Calgary to Toronto via transport truck however if you are flying, then it only takes you hours. You'll lose precious time with your machine on both ends of the trip. In a season as short as ours, some careful deliberation is in order.

Also in some cases, you may have to check-in your vehicle way ahead of time to reserve a spot onboard whatever form of transport there is so now even more time is lost.

If the shipping takes reasonable amount of time, I guess I can ride my 250 while the other bike is shipped :D

@-JERICHO- for some reason I always thought that @eevveess was a dudette....

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Thanks Rob :)

Why do people everywhere think I'm a dude ? :confused:

Sorry I didn't mean to imply gender.. I never noticed.. I just use the term to indicate another person.. :laughing6:

Was just trying to throw out this Air Canada thing that we saw last year.. seems legit

Last edited:
Air Canada does not fly bikes to the States. I know cause I asked last year.

You might have an easier time and save $ riding the bike across the border, shipping it from there (Niagara Falls/Buffalo NY) and getting a ride home.

Edit: Check out AA Motorcycle Transport. They have a drop off location in Brockport, NY which is just over an hour from Niagara Falls, NY

Last edited:

You might have an easier time and save $ riding the bike across the border, shipping it from there (Niagara Falls/Buffalo NY) and getting a ride home.

Edit: Check out AA Motorcycle Transport. They have a drop off location in Brockport, NY which is just over an hour from Niagara Falls, NY

Wow that's a good site. Thanks for sharing! I just checked shipping from their Brockport, NY to 90210. $660. Not bad at all. Comes with 5K insurance, depending on the bike may need to increase that. Now the only question is are there any horror stories associated with this transport company. If not, seems like a great way to get your bike to certain places in the US. This is for sure cheaper than renting a equivalent bike for more than a week.

That is excellent, thanks!

I was playing around on their quote site and they claim they ship to Alaska for $685... which is almost unbelievable but makes an Alaska trip so much more do-able to have your bike shipped there with fresh tires/oil/etc.

Definitely bookmarking that one.

Back
Top Bottom