Practice Weekend @ SMP - April 30th/May1st 2016! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Practice Weekend @ SMP - April 30th/May1st 2016!

Loved it. Riding a slow bike fast is all its cracked up to be. For me, it's the perfect amount of power. Goes fast enough to get you in trouble but not so much power she puts you into the barriers if you get crossed up. That said I did off road her at turn 5 and 6.

When are you getting yours out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved it. Riding a slow bike fast is all its cracked up to be. For me, it's the perfect amount of power. Goes fast enough to get you in trouble but not so much power she puts you into the barriers if you get crossed up. That said I did off road her at turn 5 and 6.

When are you getting yours out there?

I'll be there for round 1. Glad you had a blast on the CBR250. I feel the same way about them, although a few more hp would be nice, I think it's going to be quite the challenge to try and develop the race-craft with these bikes. Should be fun this year!
Hope the weather turns out better than forecast for you guys, tomorrow!

Not a fan of Nelson but considering it was a free day, I wont complain. Only got two sessions in due to taking my sweet time getting out of bed this morning.

Not a fan of Nelson but considering it was a free day, I wont complain. Only got two sessions in due to taking my sweet time getting out of bed this morning.

Glad to see you post this here before I was forced to publically shame you

Forecast confirmation...it's chilly and wet. Nice steady rain if you're a gardener. Going to head to smp to get my numbers and then most likely head home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it was an up and down weekend for me testing out all the new stuff on the 400...

Only made 7 or 8 laps all Saturday, spent most of the time in the pits figuring out issues. Good to see so many people out in the RACE school.

So my first time on the track with the 300 will be race weekend...hoping I can get Friday off to have a full day of practice.

It was a great day. I Attended the school and Slick_Steveo was in my group. Also got a chance to talked to bakaboy and now I am thoroughly exhausted. Enjoying a tasty beverage or two and then I'm going to go back tomorrow. Hopefully the rain hits early and moves off.

Nice to meet you Joe....was a good day, went back yesterday and picked out my number. Hopefully I'll be able to get the friday of the race weekend off work.....I definitely need more practice.

Saturday was a beauty by 1pm!
That school was packed! hopefully we have that good a turnout to the RACE rounds!

Has the power outlets been installed and available for daily rental yet?

Yes they are installed and can be rented for $20 per day. I do not know if they can be rented for a day at say a midweek track day but they are available for RACE weekends.

Yes they are installed and can be rented for $20 per day. I do not know if they can be rented for a day at say a midweek track day but they are available for RACE weekends.

Ill lend out an outlet or 2 from my genny for $5 per day lol. 4000 watts to go around. :lmao:

In the pit area, on 3 different posts I believe. Same location as previous years but they've added additional outlets, upgraded them and they are no longer free. Locked at the breaker panel. $20 per day and you can reserve an outlet ahead of time. Maintenance staff have to be there to unlock the breaker for you. If arriving after hours, nobody will be there to unlock them for you.

Last edited:
Well it was an up and down weekend for me testing out all the new stuff on the 400...

Only made 7 or 8 laps all Saturday, spent most of the time in the pits figuring out issues. Good to see so many people out in the RACE school.

great to hear the lwt guys were out and getting ready for the season!

are the issues with your 400 suzuki mechanical? suspension? nothing major I hope.

great to hear the lwt guys were out and getting ready for the season!

are the issues with your 400 suzuki mechanical? suspension? nothing major I hope.

First issue that day was under fueling....bike would idle just fine, but under load it would stop the flow of fuel. The problem? A clogged fuel filter.

Fixed that issue and the bike was now fueling wonderfully. A little too wonderfully.

The bike started and I managed to do a whole session, but on the last lap on the front straight the bike made a gurggling noise and quit...too much fuel had snuffed out the spark plugs. And actually poured into the cylinders and hydrolocked the motor.

Pulled the plugs out and hit the starter and unlocked it. But by this time it was close to the last session, and I didnt have a spare oil filter to change the oil at the track.

What caused the over fueling? A stuck float needle, and a frayed throttle cable. The cable was so badly frayed it was causing the throttle to stay at 1/4 of a turn and flood the motor.

Also the routing of my clutch and throttle cables, was way off with the new clip ons, causing a stiff pull on the clutch and an unwanted cruisecontrol feature on the throttle.

Get her running well.

It will be interesting to see you up against the 300.

First issue that day was under fueling....bike would idle just fine, but under load it would stop the flow of fuel. The problem? A clogged fuel filter.

Fixed that issue and the bike was now fueling wonderfully. A little too wonderfully.

The bike started and I managed to do a whole session, but on the last lap on the front straight the bike made a gurggling noise and quit...too much fuel had snuffed out the spark plugs. And actually poured into the cylinders and hydrolocked the motor.

Pulled the plugs out and hit the starter and unlocked it. But by this time it was close to the last session, and I didnt have a spare oil filter to change the oil at the track.

What caused the over fueling? A stuck float needle, and a frayed throttle cable. The cable was so badly frayed it was causing the throttle to stay at 1/4 of a turn and flood the motor.

Also the routing of my clutch and throttle cables, was way off with the new clip ons, causing a stiff pull on the clutch and an unwanted cruisecontrol feature on the throttle.

Back
Top Bottom