Licensing for M1, M2, G1, G2 ect and Driving/Safety Courses | GTAMotorcycle.com

Licensing for M1, M2, G1, G2 ect and Driving/Safety Courses

Freshskittles

Hello,
i am currently 17 years old, looking to get a motorcycle and I have my eyes on a used ninja 300 ABS and that costs around 3,900- 4,700.
i currently have my G1 and am planning on getting my G2 but not my own car. Should I still take the driving course? After that I am going to get my 90 day M1 then M2 and then the motorcycle safety course. The reason I don't want to take the driving course is because my parents won't help me pay for anything and I gotta pay for it all.

Hello,
i am currently 17 years old, looking to get a motorcycle and I have my eyes on a used ninja 300 ABS and that costs around 3,900- 4,700.
i currently have my G1 and am planning on getting my G2 but not my own car. Should I still take the driving course? After that I am going to get my 90 day M1 then M2 and then the motorcycle safety course. The reason I don't want to take the driving course is because my parents won't help me pay for anything and I gotta pay for it all.

Have you gotten quotes for insurance for a Ninja 300?

Be sure to factor that as well as riding gear -- helmet, jacket, gloves, boots etc -- into your budget.

I understand if money is tight but if you can't afford the course now consider saving for a year to boost your budget...

yes find out the insurance first. i am a new rider and this how much i paid

2013 Ninja 300 ABS SE with 14K - $3800
Safety - $65
Rear Tire - $200 Installed
Vehicle Tax - $330
Registration and Sticker - $100
Helmet - $180
Jacket - $320
Gloves - $100
Boots - $119 - RD Tent Sale No tax
Stand - $80 used
Bag - $130 Ogio M3 - RD Test Sale No tax

So yeah .. the list goes on with Oil change and Air filter ( which i will be doing End of Season ) .. I also want to install the Fender Eliminator Kit ..

I am bit older and had M2 for 10mths .. i am with TD and pay $75/Mth for insurance ..

Its an expensive hobby !!!

With only a G1 and a fresh M2, at 17, you may struggle to find insurance that is affordable, especially on a sportbike. Definitely call around and get quotes on the bike of your choice BEFORE buying it. Any insurance company can give you quotes based on theoretical situations, so tell them you will have your M2 before you want insurance so they quote you accordingly.

I almost did the same thing as you, but realized a car was waaaaay more valuable, you will regret your decision when winter comes around. Do driving school, get G2/G buy a car then save for a bike. You could always buy a $1500 dirtbike to keep you entertained. Car first then bike

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom