Speakers??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speakers???

Just find a bike with speakers and a playlist you like and follow them around. You can usually be 100ft behind and hear it just fine.

I have had Boss Audio Speakers on my Shadow Aero and now my Victory Cross Roads. Mounted on the handlebars aimed at my head as others have said. MCBK400 for black, MC400 for chrome, both available on amazon. Only challenge is where to tuck the amp away on your bike.

You're not going to hear much of it though above 20km/h....

Spoken like someone who clearly has no experience with a good set of motorcycle speakers. I hear mine just fine at 100+ on the 401, and certainly without any issue on the backroads at 80/90.

Teacher, if you want an ideal setup, get a batwing with a good set of speakers. I love my setup. If you don't want to go with the batwing, there are plenty of purpose built speakers out there that simply mount to your handlebars.

stereo.jpg

Spoken like someone who clearly has no experience with a good set of motorcycle speakers. I hear mine just fine at 100+ on the 401, and certainly without any issue on the backroads at 80/90.

Teacher, if you want an ideal setup, get a batwing with a good set of speakers. I love my setup. If you don't want to go with the batwing, there are plenty of purpose built speakers out there that simply mount to your handlebars.

stereo.jpg

The upside to the batwing is it should give you space to mount the amp too.

Upgraded the already decent stereo on my Victory Magnum with the only intention to one-up my Harley buddies who dumped huge money on their Harley branded stereos (I've been doing home and car audio for years so it was easy for me to do for cheap). I used a 500rms 4ch marine amp with some Energy coax speakers in the factory fairing. Factory head unit has bluetooth and ipod connector.
So that's one option for you to choose unless you're stuck with handlebar mounted speakers. Having only used in-ear headphones while riding for the past 10yrs I can vouch that although I can easily hear the new stereo at 120km\h it isn't nearly as good as the headphones (I still wear earplugs to kill the wind noise but music still comes through clear).

Upgraded the already decent stereo on my Victory Magnum with the only intention to one-up my Harley buddies who dumped huge money on their Harley branded stereos (I've been doing home and car audio for years so it was easy for me to do for cheap). I used a 500rms 4ch marine amp with some Energy coax speakers in the factory fairing. Factory head unit has bluetooth and ipod connector.
So that's one option for you to choose unless you're stuck with handlebar mounted speakers. Having only used in-ear headphones while riding for the past 10yrs I can vouch that although I can easily hear the new stereo at 120km\h it isn't nearly as good as the headphones (I still wear earplugs to kill the wind noise but music still comes through clear).

Her bike only puts out 280 watts total, yours puts out ~700. She will have less than 100 watts total to power the headunit and amp here. Would you be happy with your system with a 30x2 amp? I know my answer.

so you are saying you hear the speakers fine at 100 kph plus and of COURSE you are wearing earplugs....hmmm :rolleyes:

I can easily hear the new stereo at 120km\h it isn't nearly as good as the headphones (I still wear earplugs to kill the wind noise but music still comes through clear).

Pity the public.

No kidding. I was at the driving range the other day and I hear the radio cranked. Looked up to the highway it was some big cruiser with his radio on. Pretty F*** loud if I can hear your crap more than 500 yards away CLEARLY.
so you are saying you hear the speakers fine at 100 kph plus and of COURSE you are wearing earplugs....hmmm :rolleyes:

Pity the public.

I installed a set of CycleSounds on my Wife's Dyna. She loves it and has no problem hearing the music at 120 kph. Install was pretty straight forward and I would also recommend going with the 3 inch premium speaker. Check out their website, they have a dealer in Oshawa

Just because I personally disagree with it I feel that it's the most obnoxious, douchiest things you can do. Terrible.

Fixed that for you.

With all of the douchery in this thread, I think we have lost the OP.

Personally I don't like bikes with loud stereos, but many people in the general public don't like bikes and I wouldn't be happy if their will was imposed on me, so I try not to impose my will on others.

One of my riding aquaintences has an H-D full dresser, nice H-D high wattage stereo and screaming eagle straight pipes. He wears earplugs and can hear his music at 120k. He makes small children cry when he rides past.

So loud pipes save lives, but a radio and speakers makes baby jebus cry. Ah.

I'll openly admit to having no experience with them...I ride sportsbikes, so not exactly something with a lot of room or that has a 'batwing' up front. That said, I still think helmet would be better, since you are placing them close to your own ears. Sure if you put out enough power, you'll hear it over the wind, traffic, your own helmet, etc...but to me that's just upping the noise vs trying to work around it.

Also guessing you probably use a half helmet or something that isn't full face, since I figure that would block sound from the bike as well. Same regarding ear plugs. In the end though different stroke for different folks, and different styles of bikes.

I laugh when I see and hear someone on a cruiser playing "Born to be Wild"

The only song I could ever recognize coming from cruiser was "Run To The Hills". Even then, it was being tortured. WAA WAA WAA, WAA WAA WAA. Classic Metal is the white man's soul music and deserves better.

Back
Top Bottom