Speakers??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speakers???

teacher7886

Hey,
looking for some recommendations....just bought a 2003 yamaha vstar 650 classic and looking to add some speakers to it.
Any recommendations of brand or where to buy would be great!!

Meg

Headphones and/or Bluetooth headset? Seriously. They will sound better, be easier to hear on the road and not take up space on the bike.

If you want speakers, where do others mount them? Where do you mount the amp? Buying a kit that fits your bike will be much easier than making all the parts yourself.

Speakers in your helmet if you want to listen to music...speakers on the bike if you want OTHER people to listen to your music...

Not too keen on having speakers in my helmet....so mounted speakers. I have alot of backroads around me so im not as concerned with anyone else really hearing the music (without sounding like an *** haha)

Not too keen on having speakers in my helmet....so mounted speakers. I have alot of backroads around me so im not as concerned with anyone else really hearing the music (without sounding like an *** haha)

You're not going to hear much of it though above 20km/h....

Last edited:
I understand wanting speakers on the bike instead of in your helmet. Its a different way of listening to music, some people prefer it. I do, I really don't like earbuds.

Would you have to get a battery moniter or something if youre hooking all that up to your bike? Seems like it would take alot of power and motorcycle batteries are gutless.

I understand wanting speakers on the bike instead of in your helmet. Its a different way of listening to music, some people prefer it. I do, I really don't like earbuds.

Would you have to get a battery moniter or something if youre hooking all that up to your bike? Seems like it would take alot of power and motorcycle batteries are gutless.

You shouldn't be using your battery for this, the charging system must have enough power to run it. It looks like the total capacity on the vstar is 280 watts, that probably leaves you less than 100 watts to run the amp. Something to keep in mind.

You need something like this: https://www.denniskirk.com/cycle-so...ker-system-4405-0078.p4000030.prd/4000030.sku

A kit including speakers and an amplifier. Designed for use on a motorcycle. I can't tell easily, but I'd expect it to have an audio input that you'd feed from your ipod or iphone.

I'd expect that they'd work much better behind a windshield, or batwing fairing.

i've ordered items from Dennis Kirk a couple of times with no issues...

The links I gave are motorcycle specific, and if you had a batwing fairing you would use 6x9 or 6" speakers with a regular car audio deck. 2.5" speakers are on the small side for bike speakers, doable but with every size reduction comes a reduction in bass. The best units not only have a phono input but lately have added Bluetooth compatibility.

The links I gave are motorcycle specific, and if you had a batwing fairing you would use 6x9 or 6" speakers with a regular car audio deck. 2.5" speakers are on the small side for bike speakers, doable but with every size reduction comes a reduction in bass. The best units not only have a phono input but lately have added Bluetooth compatibility.

Phono input like a turntable? You need a pretty big top box and really good suspension to handle a turntable. The Tim's meetups would take on a funky new vibe. I'd get jiggy with it.

As soon as I get another street bike I'm going to buy a Bluetooth helmet.

I get that you are not a fan of helmet speakers. Saying that I live on a major highway. People with loud systems (m/c or car) annoy others. I can't tell you the amount of times I've wanted to yell "turn that crap down"! Crotchety yes, but if your music or exhaust interrupts my convo in back yard it really is "too loud".

Speakers or helmet - all good, just think of places you are riding (or driving) through. Although it's a highway it is still where we live, and residents don't like that ****.

Cheers

Last edited:
My car has two wheels.

Hey, Goldwings come equipped with em! :)
I'm a huge Goldwing fan; One day I'll have the new Goldwing Valkyrie. They are absolutely wonderful bikes.

A lot easier to have speakers on a bike made with them. Adding them to a machine that cannot handle the extra juice being used, makes it a costly and challenging venture if installing them yourself (even more so costly if you have someone do the install).

I do car stereo systems. Depending on the set up it can run from 500 to 20,000+ easily. I'd imagine bikes are pretty tricky due to the lack of space. Lack of space means more labour intensive work and using smaller parts (higher cost).

Try out a Bluetooth helmet or ear buds before breaking the bank on a proper, external speaker set up.

Back
Top Bottom