What full face helmet do you have? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What full face helmet do you have?

Phantasm - because it gives you a phantasmic experience.

Attachments

• RF-1200_Phantasm_TC-6.jpg
    RF-1200_Phantasm_TC-6.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 34
I'm rocking the one that fits. Would you want the one everyone wears or the one that is comfortable, protects you and also looks modern?

I happen to have a Shoei Qwest that a GTAM member sold to me. The missus has a Shoei RF1200 which happens to have a similar paint scheme. It's actually got a better metal flake and deeper colors.

Vents in the summer work well. Visors work well and don't fog much if cracked a smig in the rain.

Haven't tested the protection elements yet. Don't plan on it. Fingers crossed.

I'm rocking the one that fits. Would you want the one everyone wears or the one that is comfortable, protects you and also looks modern?

I happen to have a Shoei Qwest that a GTAM member sold to me. The missus has a Shoei RF1200 which happens to have a similar paint scheme. It's actually got a better metal flake and deeper colors.

Vents in the summer work well. Visors work well and don't fog much if cracked a smig in the rain.

I don't think anyone is saying anything otherwise, merely giving reviews of the helmets they own.

I have the same helmet! Also RF1100 and a plain black 1200. Yeah I do like them...

Yes you can send it back to Shoei and they will test it for free.
9L6X7Ye.jpg

sweet gonna send mine in and see if it's OK

If the scratches are into the shell it'll likely be junk. Looks like it'll be the case but why not find out.
I was just kidding, it's junk lol. There's a chunk out of the top of it too

There's always one in the group. Yet you still give a review. That kills me.

I've been going through all your Helmets. Thanks for the reviews. Keep them coming they are very helpful. I don't need to be told to go try on a helmet to see how it fits. I'm not new to the game. Was just curious what everyone has/dislikes/likes.

Thanks

Any good places to try on helmets? The ones around me dont have much selection when it comes to shoei or arai full face. Lots of dirt bike helmets though.

I still have a CL-17, first helmet i ever bought. Kinda looking to upgrade though because I don't love it. Ive just always felt like it didnt fit as well as it could. Plus its big and bulky and the wind noise isnt great. I didn't mind the wind noise on the 250r because I never went fast enough for it to matter, but now it bothers me more.

Any good places to try on helmets?

GP bikes and Royal Distributing come to mind as likely two of the biggest collection of helmets you'll ever find on display in Ontario that I know of. Coincidentally both are virtually next to each other in Whitby.

Last edited:
Glad to have admirers on the board.

OP, you mentioned looking for a new helmet and asked for feedback.

A bunch of folks could recommend a brand and model with all the highest of praise and you check it out and doesn't work for you.

I don't think my comment was looking down my nose at anyone one? It was based on the information posted. And think it's appropriate for those that are just rolling through the thread and don't have the same knowledge and experience you have.

I also included what works for me.

And indeed, purchased used from a member here. Pros and cons to used. Lots can be found on kijiji and the like that work perfectly fine.

Some may not risk it and simply go new. And that's cool too.

Enjoy your helmet shopping and looking forward to your contributions to the board.

Love to hear what you end up with for a helmet.

Cheers.

Ps. I don't mind being the fella thought of as, "There is always one."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any good places to try on helmets?

There used to be plenty of great shops, but most have closed. It seems too many folks were using the brick and mortars as fitting rooms only, then spending their money online. ?

via Tapatalk

Check out the scorpion fortis
It's got rave reviews
Snell and dot approved
Very plush
Plus speedworx is having a sale this weekend so 10% off
db44a31680fc33a0ea702280c037a670.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Shark RSR2 was my fav. Did its job in a crash. Tried the Race-R as a replacement and loved it except it didn't fit quite right for my noggin. Def recommend it if it fits you.
Using a HJC RPHA 10 now and would recommend it
HJC FG on the track and it's decent as a lower priced option.

FG-17 atm. Bang for buck it's been the best helmet I've owned. That's not to say I've not had nicer lids, but I paid $200 tax in and three full seasons later it fits as good as the day I bought it. Also the Pin-lock is incredible. No fog; not once, ever.

Back
Top Bottom