What full face helmet do you have? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What full face helmet do you have?

NOcageRus

I'm way over due on a new helmet. Have been going out and checking helmets out for awhile now. Nothing is catching my eye that looks nice and fits nice.

Anything new on the market that you guys recommend checking?

what are you rocking?

I currently have have an icon domain 2. I have a sena 20s hooked up and the ear speakers are pressing too hard against my ears.

Shoei X-12 (x2) - Crashed in both of them and they did their job.
AGV Corsa - Wrong fit, sold it.
Arai Corsair V - Current.

Shoei TZR- Street lid. Fits great nice and quiet.
HJC CL-17- old race helmet, crashed at 100+mph head was fine. Helmet wasnt.

Current race lid- Bell "flying Tiger" comfortable and very light.

Whatever helmet you think you like make sure you're able to try it on before buying. Helmet models are often designed around head shapes -- round, oval, long-oval etc -- and having a helmet that doesn't match your head shape can be very uncomfortable.

My Arai Signet Q fits a long-oval shape really well.

I am quite happy with my Shoei GT-Air. I am happy for the needed, and convenient integrated sun-visor, but I do miss the dark tinted solid visor look. It fits me well. It's quiet, but ear-plugs are still needed for comfort and saving your hearing on any pro-longed highway running. I am sure all but the biggest comfiest cruisers with with large wind screens would change that necessity.

AGV GP-Tech - it's like it was molded for my long-oval head. Getting old and filthy, but the newer top-of-the-line AGVs are so expensive. Going to rock it until it falls apart.

Also have a slew of FFs that I'm not wearing much:

Arai Signet Q (not a great fit)
Bell Vortex w/Transitions shield (the sheer size and weight bother me)
Biltwell Gringo (hate wearing goggles and the snap-on visor fogs up too easily)

I might go with an HJC RPHA 10 when time comes to replace the AGV.

Bell Revolver Evo modular.

Not the quietest (although the last new helmet I bought was around 1993 so it's been a while and I don't much reference to compare against) but I like it overall.

BellRevolverEvo_Modular-Helmets-360-View.gif

Bell Qualifier DLX; can't say enough good things about the transition shield. For a eye glass wearer it is always the perfect tint all the time. The not so good is the cheap vents and not so great detents when the shield is only cracked open to prevent fogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGV GP-Tech - it's like it was molded for my long-oval head. Getting old and filthy, but the newer top-of-the-line AGVs are so expensive. Going to rock it until it falls apart.

Also have a slew of FFs that I'm not wearing much:

Arai Signet Q (not a great fit)
Bell Vortex w/Transitions shield (the sheer size and weight bother me)
Biltwell Gringo (hate wearing goggles and the snap-on visor fogs up too easily)

I might go with an HJC RPHA 10 when time comes to replace the AGV.
Also look into the Hjc fg17. It's fibreglass composite, fairly light and quiet, comes with pinlock, and it flows alot of air. I bought mine with a second smoked visor for like $225 all in at Royal.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

i have a shoei RF1100 (dot and snell) we were looking for a new lid for my gf and out of everything she picked a HJC CL 16 that is also DOT and Snell. the fit and finish on it is amazing for the price and the padding is definitely comparable to the shoei.
at $69 tax in at royals tent sale...cant go wrong.
she didnt like the design on it because she wanted flat black but this is just temporary till we find her one.

Last edited:
I know the Shark helmets have removable ear pads for communication devices. Even my Race-R pro had it and it's their track oriented helmet.

Last edited:
HJC IS-17 spark
and an
AGV K5 Hurricane

I have a Bell RS-1. It's designed for long, narrow heads.
Whatever helmet you get, make sure it's worth your head. You can find a full-face helmet for $99.95 but you got to ask yourself, "What is my head worth to me?"

depending on your head shape and see which ones will fit you best.

I have a Arai Corsair RX-7 and Corsair V

I have a Bell RS-1. It's designed for long, narrow heads.
Whatever helmet you get, make sure it's worth your head. You can find a full-face helmet for $99.95 but you got to ask yourself, "What is my head worth to me?"

If it's passed safety standards to gain a particular rating that $100 lid will do the same thing as an $800 lid. Your argument doesn't hold but the marketers for the pricey helmets like people like you.

I have a Schuberth C3 Pro, Nexx XD1, Arai XD3 and a BMW Enduro Helmet.

The Schuberth and the Nexx both have integrated coms and speakers and all the controls are built into the helmet (additional purchase but they are made to fit in the helmet).

The schubert is modular which is nice and it is comfortable and quiet, I have had some issues with the built in sun visor that drops down. Had it replaced under warranty last summer for not working and it has stopped working again, hopefully they will honour the repair from last year, but I am not counting on it.

The Nexx helmet is new, still breaking it in. Comfortable, lightweight feature rich, turns into a regular helmet with the beak removed and it is cheaper then the Schuberth even with the com system included. I would personally buy a helmet that has an option for integrated speakers/bluetooth. Nolan has some options I believe, never worn one or know anyone who has, but I know they have a bluetooth helmet.

Schuberth C3 Pro is on the left, the white is the Nexx XD1. I ordered it from Revzilla as it is not offered in Canada, but am very happy with it so far and how it is breaking in.

Back
Top Bottom