Best place for M1 Exit? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best place for M1 Exit?

bigpoppa

Hey guys,

just wanted some peoples opinion on M1 exit courses offered through various schools/organisations(The safety course that results in M2)
I'll be taking my safety course/m1 exit course soon

Do some schools/programs have a better reputation?

What about re tests? Are there certain schools that let you take the retest for free? (And more than once if possible?)

thanks

In my opinion, there are no big differences in the program. They all are MTO-registered after all. If you take the course from a college, you can get credit toward your tax deduction. on other hand, college-offered courses can be more expensive than non-profit organization's

I had my M1X with RTI,really enjoyed it. And they allow 1 test retake for free.

Last edited:
Everybody is going to have their own opinion on this one, mostly depending on how well/bad they did. I took Learning Curves for my M1 and M2 exit and they were fantastic.

In my opinion, there are no big differences in the program. They all are MTO-registered after all. If you take the course from a college, you can get credit toward your tax deduction. on other hand, college-offered courses can be more expensive than non-profit organization's

I had my M1X with RTI,really enjoyed it. And they allow 1 test retake for free.

ah nice, most places i hear charge for a retest.

Are you allowed to only take 1 retest? Or can you take more than 1?

FWIW I did the humber program, great instructors and instruction.

A buddy did the one offered by Sheridan and on our first ride together he had trouble negotiating a curve and went a little intooncoming traffic (luckily no cars coming) & I had to explaincoutnersteering to him. But maybe he just wasn’t paying attention? Who knows..

FWIW I did the humber program, great instructors and instruction.

A buddy did the one offered by Sheridan and on our first ride together he had trouble negotiating a curve and went a little intooncoming traffic (luckily no cars coming) & I had to explaincoutnersteering to him. But maybe he just wasn’t paying attention? Who knows..

ah, so the instructors(atleast when you were doing it) were giving you specific instruction, instead of just generic vague things?

( i have also heard of humber and their program, some good things)

And do they do the retest free or is there a fee?

Last edited:
I liked Humber. They charge if you need and qualify for a retest. Only allowed one retest by government regulations, I believe. Otherwise, some schools would just guarantee a license to anyone.

I'll chime in here for the guys at Fanshawe College - Gear Up I think it's called?

They were fantastic, small class size and awesome guys not only to learn from but more than happy to chat about literally anything.

I specifically remember Devon showing me and the gf pics of his race go kart and project race car.

Guessing there isnt a huge difference in quality of instructors and the curriculum across the board?

Curriculum only differs between Canada Safety Council (Gearing up) schools, and other private ones. Typically the colleges are under the CSC umbrella and all have a set curriculm that they must follow to ensure all the points are met. Other private schools might not follow quite the same lessons and are a bit less governed. All of them do have to be register the the MTO (though they super rarely appear at courses) and all courses have to do the same test.

Last edited:
Guessing there isnt a huge difference in quality of instructors and the curriculum across the board?
Curriculum is the same, but there can be varied ways of doing the same thing, differing emphasis etc. All school teachers, teach the Ontario curriculum, but results are varied. Instructors might move or change, so for that you might look at past performance i.d.k. Most instructors are keenly interested in the subject, and trying to help people learn, so there's that to it. The main approach used is to learn by doing, so the idea is to get the students lots of seat time, with coaching.

hm ok, i think ill probably go with whats convenient and cheapest (although humber seems to be getting glowing reviews, but from what im hearing its really not that different all around)

yeah it seems the non profits also allow for free re tests

Also i wonder how many people here work for these colleges(lol)

I would recommend Learning Curves M1 exit, try to get into the course taught by Peter, Owen, and Shelly(I think thats her name). They were GREAT and I plan on doing my M2 exit with them as well

RTI has many styles of bikes to choose from which I found really nice. I thought I wanted a cruiser and then when I did the course, I was able to ride a sport bike, a cruiser, a dirt bike, and a standard over the two days. It helped me with my decision making in knowing how the bikes felt ergonomically.
And they were awesome instructors...

RTI has many styles of bikes to choose from which I found really nice. I thought I wanted a cruiser and then when I did the course, I was able to ride a sport bike, a cruiser, a dirt bike, and a standard over the two days. It helped me with my decision making in knowing how the bikes felt ergonomically.
And they were awesome instructors...

sounds good, awesome as in very specific and thorough with their instructions/guidance?

Or awesome as in you got along with them really well?

ah nice, most places i hear charge for a retest.

Are you allowed to only take 1 retest? Or can you take more than 1?

When I took my M1 exit course with learning curves, I'm pretty sure one of the instructors mentioned they're only allowed to give you 1 retest. After that, I think the MTO requires that you do the test at a drivetest centre

sounds good, awesome as in very specific and thorough with their instructions/guidance?

Or awesome as in you got along with them really well?

Awesome as in both! I had not ever even sat on a motorcycle before I took the course and found the instructions to be very clear and delivered by friendly people who coached us well.

Back
Top Bottom