2017 MotoGP Silly Season | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 MotoGP Silly Season

I feel like we're about to see Maniac Joe in all his crazy glory. The Ducati battle will be a good one for the rest of the season.

I hope Ducati keep his bike up-to-date throughout the season. I'm not entirely sure they will.

I hope Ducati keep his bike up-to-date throughout the season. I'm not entirely sure they will.
They want their bikes in front, I am sure he won't test any of the 2017 parts.

Why does everyone always think this? Why wouldn't they?

They did it rather blatantly when Crutchlow signed for LCR a couple of seasons ago.

When the GP14.2 came out, they gave it to Iannone, who was riding on the Pramac team, instead of Crutchlow, who was still on the factory team.

They did it rather blatantly when Crutchlow signed for LCR a couple of seasons ago.

When the GP14.2 came out, they gave it to Iannone, who was riding on the Pramac team, instead of Crutchlow, who was still on the factory team.

Because Cal was ******** all over ducati to the press.

Iannone isn't.

They'll support the Italian rider.

I hope Iannone finds success with Suzuki. Crazy mofo.

Poncharal talking about Moto2 riders ready for GP in an interview he did on signing Folgar. Pretty interesting insight.. So what Factory options are left for Rins? If the above 2 signings are correct the only potential competitive factory ride left is Espargaro's Suzuki seat, but does Zarco already have dibs on that? I know the rumor was LCR to switch to Suzuki, but that was also from the same article that had Cal replacing Yamaha bound Dani on the Factory Honda.. so I'm skeptical. Is Rins willing to go to KTM? I doubt Aprilia would take both him and Lowes; so if Zarco has signed something with Suzuki what's left? Playing with fire young Rins...

Article is also about Pol basically wanting the same thing as Rins.. good luck. But for fun, let's think about dinner at the Espargaro House if Pol takes Aleixs ride :p

Sam Lowes, who has a three-year deal, starting with Gresini in Moto2 this year and then Aprilia in MotoGP. Johann Zarco, who has signed something with Suzuki. He cannot talk to any other manufacturer. The next is Alex Rins, but Rins is telling everybody that he only wants to talk to factory teams. He says he has a good chance to go to a factory team. We are not a factory team so it means we can't talk to him. We are too small!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/230306/1/tech-3-espargaro-rins-want-factory-team.html

Very interesting this part

Suzuki targets Rins for second bike

While the identity of Iannone's 2017 teammate has yet to be named, Motorsport.com understands Suzuki is currently in talks with Moto2 star Alex Rins to pilot the second GSX-RR next season.
This would force current Suzuki rider Aleix Espargaro into a search of alternative employment, while also potentially leaving Johann Zarco, who had previously made his interest in the team clear, in need of another place to make his MotoGP graduation.
2017 MotoGP grid so far:

TeamRiders
Yamaha
italy-2.jpg
Valentino Rossi
spain-2.jpg
Maverick Vinales
Honda
spain-2.jpg
Marc Marquez

spain-2.jpg
Dani Pedrosa
Ducati
spain-2.jpg
Jorge Lorenzo
italy-2.jpg
Andrea Dovizioso
Suzuki
italy-2.jpg
Andrea Iannone
TBA
Aprilia
united_kingdom-2.jpg
Sam Lowes
TBA
KTM
united_kingdom-2.jpg
Bradley Smith
TBA
Tech 3 Yamaha
germany-4.jpg
Jonas Folger
TBA
LCR HondaTBA
Marc VDS HondaTBA
Pramac DucatiTBA
Avintia DucatiTBA
Aspar DucatiTBA

I feel like Suzuki may take it's time with this now that Iannone is done. No rush for them now. Might as well wait and see how Rins and Zarco fair head to head for a little while longer; though I imagine Rins is higher on their hit list at the moment... then again who knows the way this year has gone... didn't someone mention Nakagami :p lol

Some speculation from Colin Edwards:

LCR going to Suzuki with Zarco -> Rabat going back to Moto2 -> Crutchlow to MarcVDS.

It's official P Espargaro to leave yamaha at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom