2017 MotoGP Silly Season | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 MotoGP Silly Season

Chaos

One of the earlier silly seasons in a few years. The dominoes are all about to fall. Once the factory seats fill up, I suspect the satellite seats will quickly go as well.

?? - denotes speculative rumour
? - denotes strong rumour and/or reasonably likely
<bold> - denotes confirmed

**Teams Finalized**

Team: Factory Yamaha
Bike: Yamaha
Rider(s): Rossi, Vinales

Team: Factory Honda
Bike: Honda
Rider(s): Pedrosa, Marquez

Team: Factory Ducati
Bike: Ducati
Riders(s): Lorenzo, Dovizioso

Team: Factory KTM
Bike: KTM
Riders(s): Smith, PEspargaro

Team: Factory Suzuki
Bike: Suzuki
Riders(s): Iannone, Rins

Team: Factory Aprilia Team Gresini
Bike: Aprilia
Riders(s): Lowes, AEspargaro

Team: Pramac
Rider(s): Redding, Petrucci

Team: LCR
Rider(s): Crutchlow

Team: Tech3
Rider(s): Folger, Zarco

Team: Avintia
Rider(s): Barbera,Baz

Team: Aspar
Rider(s): Bautista,Abraham

Team: MarcVDS
Rider(s): Miller, Rabat

Riders In:
Lowes (Moto2 to Gresini Aprilia)
Folger (Moto2 to Tech3)
Zarco (Moto2 to Tech3)
Rins (Moto2 to Suzuki)
Abraham (WSBK to Aspar)

Riders remaining with team:
Rossi (Yamaha)
Pedrosa (Honda)
Dovizioso (Ducati)
Marquez (Honda)
Crutchlow (LCR)
Petrucci (Pramac)
Redding (Pramac)
Barbera (Avintia)
Baz (Avintia)
Miller (VarcVDS)
Rabat (MarcVDS)

Riders switching teams:
Lorenzo (Yamaha to Ducati)
Smith (Tech3 to KTM)
Vinales (Suzuki to Yamaha)
Iannone (Ducati to Suzuki)
PEspargaro (Tech3 to KTM)
AEspargaro (Suzuki to Gresini Aprilia)
Bautista (Gresini Aprilia to Aspar)

Riders Out:
Bradl (to WSBK [Honda])
Laverty (to WSBK [Aprilia])
Hernandez? (to Moto2)

Last edited:
no way Honda lets MM go anywhere. DP on the other hand....

I personally i believe Pedrosa has to go elsewhere to start fresh and get more motivate, and you never know with Suzuki could do something special.
The only two spaniard that i like is Pedrosa an Vinales the rest are all finocchi!!:D

Unfortunately Dani may end up one of the best riders to never win a championship at the top level, like Haga. :(

Unfortunately Dani may end up one of the best riders to never win a championship at the top level, like Haga. :(

I wouldn't have it any other way. Their nationalities aren't even congruent. DP is going to mean displaced person soon. I have great hope for this thread.

Rider(s): Marquez, Miller or Van Der Mark

Riders(s): Lorenzo, Iannone

Riders(s): Zarco, Dovi

Team: Factory Aprilia Gresini
Riders(s): Lowes, Bradl

Riders(s): Smith, Pedrosa

Bike: Yamaha?
Rider(s): Rins, Nakagami

Bike: Honda?
Rider(s): Miller, Morbedelli

Rider(s): No more LCR

Bike: Ducati?

Rider(s): Laverty, Crutchlow

Rider(s): Barbera, Baz

Team: Pons?
Rider(s): P.Espagaro

Interesting line up but i can't see Van der mark on motogp yet, no only that moto2 guys have better talent close to a motogp level.

Some wild speculation there LWTRacer... Though it's way to early to really know, there are a few things there that will not be happening.

1. No more LCR? I just read last week they were trying to secure financing to go after the last grid slot to run a second bike. They'll have at least one bike next year

2. If VDM gets a GP ride it will be with MVDS or LCR (and only if they get that second grid slot)

3. Rins has stated he won't be considering non-factory rides if factory offers are on the table, and some of the factories ARE looking at him; so that Tech-3 appointment doesn't fit. I personally think he'll be high on Suzuki's wish list should they lose Vinales

4. Nakagami? Really? He hasn't even sniffed the podium in over 2 years and he's not Spanish.. he'll be in Moto2 next year for sure; if he's lucky.

5. Crutchlow will never ride a Ducati again I'm sure. Honestly, if he doesn't stop crashing he might be back to WSBK

6. Rabat WILL get one more year with MVDS. He is after all, the only person to win ol' Marc a title; Miller's the one on the hot seat within HRC

Some wild speculation there LWTRacer... Though it's way to early to really know, there are a few things there that will not be happening.

1. No more LCR? I just read last week they were trying to secure financing to go after the last grid slot to run a second bike. They'll have at least one bike next year

2. If VDM gets a GP ride it will be with MVDS or LCR (and only if they get that second grid slot)

3. Rins has stated he won't be considering non-factory rides if factory offers are on the table, and some of the factories ARE looking at him; so that Tech-3 appointment doesn't fit. I personally think he'll be high on Suzuki's wish list should they lose Vinales

4. Nakagami? Really? He hasn't even sniffed the podium in over 2 years and he's not Spanish.. he'll be in Moto2 next year for sure; if he's lucky.

5. Crutchlow will never ride a Ducati again I'm sure. Honestly, if he doesn't stop crashing he might be back to WSBK

6. Rabat WILL get one more year with MVDS. He is after all, the only person to win ol' Marc a title; Miller's the one on the hot seat within HRC

I think he just put some names together without knowing whats going on.lol:D

VanDermark has tons of Pull being Dutch, and their lack of a Dutch rider in the top class. And He is on the dinosaur of a Fireblade and is having to ride the wheels off it. HRC will take note of him (and he could jump right to a factory seat (no that they have gotten rid of the "**** you ben spies rule")

If Pons gets his way I can see Lucio jumping into moto2 with the LCR squad. (its cheaper)

Money talks...Rins will go to the best package financially and bike wise.

Yes Nakagami....they havent had a Japanese rider in the top class for a while. And Dorna NEED a Japanese rider up there, and would probably push one of the teams into signing him (he is doing very well this year, just keeps getting screwed)

Crutchlow will ride for a lower class Duc team, or be done in GPs. He lacks the talent, but has a ton of personality which he is coasting on atm...with 0 points.

Rabat is proof that the moto2 class is ****ing useless. I would be surprised if he gets another year.

I DO know whats going on, and its silly season...crazier **** has happened. Anyone remember 2004? or 1988? Crazier stuff has happened.

HRC sees a lot in Miller, and I do as well. Tons of potential, and flashes of brilliance for someone who went from 60hp to 260hp.

I think he just put some names together without knowing whats going on.lol:D

NEVER underestimate the power Dorna has to subsidize riders based on nationality. Look at Yonny these days...only on the grid because he is from South America, Aspar was getting money from Dorna for Nicky, same when Aoyama was on the grid.

For a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP they need a diverse grid.

How anybody sitting on the sidelines can accurately judge talent is hard to fathom. To many variables. But if that's the interactive fan experience, so be it. Also don't agree with signing to other teams one year ahead. To much conflict of interest. Just goes to show it's just another reality show run thru one corporation. Fun tho, will keep watching. No illusions about any grander meaning.

How anybody sitting on the sidelines can accurately judge talent is hard to fathom. To many variables. But if that's the interactive fan experience, so be it. Also don't agree with signing to other teams one year ahead. To much conflict of interest. Just goes to show it's just another reality show run thru one corporation. Fun tho, will keep watching. No illusions about any grander meaning.

Why is it hard to fathom? Emilio Alzamora and Alberto Puig have been doing it for years. The Spotted Pedrosa and Marquez at likw 8-9 years old and pegged them for championship contenders....

I doubt very much Rea will make the switch. Unless a factory team comes calling...MAYBE with tech3 maybe.

He is winning, and making good cash in WSBK right now, and with 4 brits in MGP now...I dont think Dorna is so willing to have another Brit come up and take up a seat.

Laverty is not British.

Back
Top Bottom