CSBK PRO SBK engine prep - dricked's bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK PRO SBK engine prep - dricked's bike?

boyoboy

I'm hoping dricked will shed some some light on his pro sbk bike prep.

Do you run a basically stock engine, or is the motor modified with head work and/or cam changes? and how competitive will your bike bike be power wise ? does a basically stock 1000 make enough hp to run competitively? Any HP numbers privateer vs factory guys? just curious as to what kind of engine work is req'd ? I will be spectating at a couple of the rounds this season: looking forward to watching you out there and - Best of luck to you this season!

Dricked has some $ into the motor. He may go into more detail. I think power wise Dricked's bike will be right up there.

I heard a rumor is that Szokes motor was stock. Exhaust,air filter and a few other parts added but no internal work. I may be completely wrong.

The reason i somewhat believe it is that the BMW stock could potentially go over the max hp limit for pro sbk. So they had to raise it.
In the end i don't think anyone went over 190hp on the csbk dyno, but i didn't watch every bike go on.

Other racers have huge cash into the motor. Some bike are way down on power stock compared to others.
Honda vs BMW for example.

I'm hoping dricked will shed some some light on his pro sbk bike prep.

Do you run a basically stock engine, or is the motor modified with head work and/or cam changes? and how competitive will your bike bike be power wise ? does a basically stock 1000 make enough hp to run competitively? Any HP numbers privateer vs factory guys? just curious as to what kind of engine work is req'd ? I will be spectating at a couple of the rounds this season: looking forward to watching you out there and - Best of luck to you this season!

My motor is mostly stock and won't be changed for next year. A bit of head work to get more midrange power and I gained a bit up top. Cam timing is altered but stock cams. A stock 1000 on the national Dyno isn't going to get near the 200hp limit, no way. My bike was in the low 170's stock (kit ecu/slip on) and a BMW might make a handful more hp. A stock 1000 motor can be competitive (Welsh's R1 was stock at Mosport) but if you start with a lower HP bike you're going to have to push really hard. There's no "factory" guys anymore so that's not a big issue especially with the rules keeping the bikes modifications to a reasonable level.

Be sure to come say hi at the races and thank you!

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about Jodi Christie, is he out? Is he still on a Honda turd?

2016 BMW, full bike refresh.

I don't think he has a program setup for 2016 unfortunately.

I am curious to see if Jodi comes back out this year. Bike racing in Canada wasn't what it used to be. During Round 2 and 3 of the RACE series I was pitted next to Jeff Williams (former Kawasaki, and Diablo front runner) and he showed up in his own truck with a stock R6 with a pipe and ECU flash. A far cry from the 1/4 million dollar ZX7s he used to race.

Although it does seem like there are more and more people and riders coming out to the tracks. 2009ish was when everything just fell apart and all the factories left. But hopefully there are good things on the horizon.

Szoke is just padding his record these days with wins, and championships. I think he likes riding Trials more than Superbike IMO.

That is just unfortunally for the Csbk, no big name on the field less people will show up to watch the series, no factory teams anymore in the last 6/7 years, nobody gets paid, so like this who wants to race if you have to dish out $ from your own pocket? I don't think there's a big name or contender to compete with Szoke anymore.

Regardless i'll be at Shanni and Mosport;)

Jordan won all the races last year but he didn't win by a large margin. I think he'll have his hands full this season.

track knowledge and a well set up suspension is worth way more than hp, hp to a point is nice, but a guy with 170hp who knows whats going on vs 195 and not very savvy??? my money is on the 170 guy.

track knowledge and a well set up suspension is worth way more than hp, hp to a point is nice, but a guy with 170hp who knows whats going on vs 195 and not very savvy??? my money is on the 170 guy.

Even a guy with carburetors can be pretty damn fast!

Other then Mosport HP doesn't give much advantage IMO. I had my engine apart for maintenance/reliability so I figured why not do a little extra work to get the bike better for my riding style, it wasn't really to get big peak hp.

very true but when they both know what's going on...

I am curious to see if Jodi comes back out this year. Bike racing in Canada wasn't what it used to be. During Round 2 and 3 of the RACE series I was pitted next to Jeff Williams (former Kawasaki, and Diablo front runner) and he showed up in his own truck with a stock R6 with a pipe and ECU flash. A far cry from the 1/4 million dollar ZX7s he used to race.

Hah... he was using my air pig and pressure gauge all summer...

That is just unfortunally for the Csbk, no big name on the field less people will show up to watch the series, no factory teams anymore in the last 6/7 years, nobody gets paid, so like this who wants to race if you have to dish out $ from your own pocket? I don't think there's a big name or contender to compete with Szoke anymore.

Regardless i'll be at Shanni and Mosport;)

There are some very fast guys coming out this year to challenge. Kenny will be right there, Trevor can make stuff interesting if he keeps it upright, Bodie is smoking fast, Ben will be a force once he gets the Yamaha dialed in and Derek is a very fast learner. We will miss Jodie but it will be a good year for competition.

Sure there are no factory trailers with 2 rider/8 bike teams but what we're seeing are guys with a passion to race and getting out there and doing it on their own with minimal support. Because they LOVE it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom