Parking in downtown at night? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking in downtown at night?

Yanny

This is going to be my first time living in downtown, but only from May- August. My building has underground parking but they have ran out of space, suggesting me to rent from another building authorized by them. Thing is $125+tax monthly, i'm aware MC gets free parking on street in fact there's street parking right downstairs of my condo, but I don't see bikes parking on the street 24/7 during the summer, are we allowed to do that? Also any other suggestions for long-term MC parking in DT generally speaking?

Bike and car can't share a space? If you leave it on the street, it will probably gone by the morning (if not soon after).

Bike and car can't share a space? If you leave it on the street, it will probably gone by the morning (if not soon after).

I've got a bike only, where am I gonna find a car, plus they only give you one key fob, how are you gonna share with another person

I've got a bike only, where am I gonna find a car, plus they only give you one key fob, how are you gonna share with another person

I think he was making an assumption that you owned a car and could park it in the same spot..

But yeah, if you have a relatively nice looking bike, leaving it outside all day/night would be a question of "when will it go missing?"

Hell, even small scooters get stolen.

scooter? jesus christ seriously mate, i've always been scared parking in downtown, so where are the folks parking their bike, I just want an economical ninja 300 for goodness sake.

scooter? jesus christ seriously mate, i've always been scared parking in downtown, so where are the folks parking their bike, I just want an economical ninja 300 for goodness sake.

"Ninja"? Its as good as gone. ;-)

Only bikes I've seen it overnight it downtown are the bigger metric cruisers or old bangers, possibly the odd scooter. There was one guy the other year who parked his Ducati outside his friends condo when visiting (too scared to park underground) and it was gone after lunch..

I hope you bring a crate to protect it. I wouldn't trust anyone... buy some disc locks, chains etc. Though if you end up with a professional, nothing will stop them.

Omg mate, this is really scary, how the hell am i gonna park my bike now LOL. I won't buy any locks tho they are stupid, theft insurance is key, no hassle only $500 deductible and no increase on renewal.

And remember, the 3-hr max parking rule still applies to motorcycle, so you should be aware that it might get towed/ticketed depending on Parking Enforcement.

Look for other bikes in the building and see if they would share their spot for a fee.

Omg mate, this is really scary, how the hell am i gonna park my bike now LOL. I won't buy any locks tho they are stupid, theft insurance is key, no hassle only $500 deductible and no increase on renewal.

Pretty much.. If you live in a condo or have to park outdoors..

Yeah, . Make sure you pin that insurance certificate on the bike to keep the thieves/vandals away!
Seriously, insurance isnt a *deterrent*, it just will make you feel a bit better.. Maybe sleep at night.
Not sure why people think they are safe with just insurance.. You got to be diligent about it.
Ok, so you make a claim, more than likely your insurance will go up. I don't know why you think locks are silly? For sure locks and chains can be got through. Really Depends where you have it parked.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Check if there's self storage you can rent close to your area. Renting a 5'x10' storage should be reasonable enough. Advantage is you can also work on your motorbike if you're discreet enough.

This is going to be my first time living in downtown, but only from May- August. My building has underground parking but they have ran out of space, suggesting me to rent from another building authorized by them. Thing is $125+tax monthly, i'm aware MC gets free parking on street in fact there's street parking right downstairs of my condo, but I don't see bikes parking on the street 24/7 during the summer, are we allowed to do that? Also any other suggestions for long-term MC parking in DT generally speaking?

haha are you moving into NW?.. those 4 motorcycle spots are always taken by someone...not me though.....

but yea storage locker might be your safest bet. It would suck to be paying 125 + tax to park and your bike still gets knicked anyway cause security guards at condos are just there to sit around and collect a paycheck.

where abouts roughly are you gonna be living?

Last edited:
Yeah, . Make sure you pin that insurance certificate on the bike to keep the thieves/vandals away!
Seriously, insurance isnt a *deterrent*, it just will make you feel a bit better.. Maybe sleep at night.
Not sure why people think they are safe with just insurance.. You got to be diligent about it.
Ok, so you make a claim, more than likely your insurance will go up. I don't know why you think locks are silly? For sure locks and chains can be got through. Really Depends where you have it parked.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Insurance won't go up as a result of a theft claim. However, the insurance company may increase the deductible or choose not to supply you with theft coverage over multiple claims.

People don't exactly feel 'safe' by having theft coverage, more like it has the most bang for your buck if your bike were to be stolen vs investing in $100+ chains/locks that can easily be cut. Would be great if you had both though, just sometimes not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Check if there's self storage you can rent close to your area. Renting a 5'x10' storage should be reasonable enough. Advantage is you can also work on your motorbike if you're discreet enough.

if you follow the rules of most storage lockers, they prohibit motor vehicle storage

Depends where and what bike. When working nights I used to park near Yonge and Dundas overnight on the street. Rode home each morning.

Lots of nice bikes park outside the condo buildings here (CityPlace). I think they key is to park close to areas that get constant foot traffic.

The guys who park their supersports in the underground garage are those who get their babies stolen.

if you follow the rules of most storage lockers, they prohibit motor vehicle storage

my-storage.ca allows them.

You need a parking pass to park on The street overnight. They are free to get from the city's website and are Zip tied to the bike. That said it will be gone 1st to 2nd night

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You need a parking pass to park on The street overnight.

Really? Where is that?

Meter maids are really anal here but all the bikes are allowed to sit in the pay & display area as long as they want. No pass or anything of the sort.

I just left mine outside overnight because my parking spot is being power-washed today.

Back
Top Bottom