CRA Bad Rep | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CRA Bad Rep

Do you give out your # like candy?

Cell companies get blocks of numbers so random dialing gets the marketers a target. If you answer they keep trying.

In my case if I see my first six numbers show up it's usually a marketer and I let it go to voice mail.

Telemarketers phone unlisted numbers by finding gaps in number lists. Sewer rats are quite intelligent.

Cell companies get blocks of numbers so random dialing gets the marketers a target. If you answer they keep trying.

In my case if I see my first six numbers show up it's usually a marketer and I let it go to voice mail.

Telemarketers phone unlisted numbers by finding gaps in number lists. Sewer rats are quite intelligent.

As a former telemarketer (6 years ago), the company got our phone lists by buying it from Bell Canada and the system goes down that list (we seemed to get cell phone's every now and then - probably those who registered their cell phone as their home phone with another Bell line (cable/internet?)). Windows and doors anyone? lol

Generally speaking, the auto-dialing numbers with automated recordings are over-seas scammers calling via Interwebz.

I guess I've been lucky so far. I don't get call on my cell. My magic jack is a cell #, I don't get anything.

Any # I do not know goes to voicemail

4 or 5 years ago some fax spammer got ahold of our home number (which is actually a VoIP line) and several times a week we'd pickup the phone only to get a screeching fax tone. One day I hooked up our old fax machine and actually accepted the fax. It was for a local window installer.

I called the company covertly and said I had some important outstanding invoice payment information I needed to fax to them (because I was "late paying my bill") and got their OWN fax number.

Then I logged into the control portal for the VoIP line and setup a forwarding rule for their junk fax spam phone number and redirected their calls right back to their own fax number.

Every few weeks I see in the logs that they are still fax spamming themselves.

PrivatePilot said:
Then I logged into the control portal for the VoIP line and setup a forwarding rule for their junk fax spam phone number and redirected their calls right back to their own fax number.

This brought a smile to my face!
:D

I get the robocalls everyday too, but a couple of weeks agoI got a message on my home line saying “This is the CRA, please contact me orget your lawyer to contact me. If you don’t I can only wish you good luck”,leaving a number. So I called back frommy cellphone asking who this is, and that I keep getting missed calls from this#. He asks for my landline, I say I don’t have one and he says “Don’t call meagain or waste my time.” He blocked my # but I kept messing with him from otherplaces.

Back
Top Bottom