Negative Experience Aviva Claim | GTAMotorcycle.com

Negative Experience Aviva Claim

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
Girlfriend lost control of her car in the last snowstorm on the 3rd and the car hit the median. It was taken to the CRC that night and she called Aviva from there. When she got home she said the Aviva agent was very rude. For example, when asked what time the collision occurred and she replied 1930 (she's an ER nurse and was on her way home) the agent replied "what is 1930? I don't know what that is so speak normal" and she continued with an attitude.

She has rental car coverage for $1000 max. She got the rental and after not hearing from the insurance company since the accident we called them after 10 days for an update. The agent said the adjuster had completed the claim and they offered us a low offer. I asked how we could negotiate the claim and they said we would have to send in 3 price examples and the adjuster would look at them. I said I would and the agent replied "well if you're not going to accept our offer we won't cover you any more days for the rental car as we're considering this complete as our adjuster has made their decision. I asked how long it would take and she said the adjuster on our claim is away for a few days sick so she didn't know when and wouldn't tell me if it could go to another adjuster while ours was away. When I replied we have paid for $1000 rental coverage she said it didn't matter, they only try to do what is fair and reasonable. I replied having the car until we receive payment would be fair and reasonable and they wouldn't agree (they said it would take approx. 10 days even if we accepted that day). I went to a manager and they finally agreed to 3 days on the rental. We still don't have a payment as of the 20th.
I'm with Primmum and had one claim for hail damage years ago and they were excellent to deal with and also one with ING that was also excellent.

If call centre staff are rude to you, simply escalate to second level support. If you feel you are not being treated properly, ask for the number of their ombudsman. If this does not work contact the Safety, Licensing Appeals and Standards Tribunals Ontario (SLASTO), which took over auto insurance complaints April 01 2016 from the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO).

I believe insurance companies are tracked by complaints and they dislike having formal complaints against them, so you have a tad bit of leverage. The best thing to do is tell all your friends and this forum about your bad experience, which you have already started. We all need to know the claims experience for any insurance company.

Be civil and good luck. Document everything, keep records.

They are just taking advantage of you for not knowing the procedures and legal aspect of claims.

Yea I have heard a lot of bad feedback from the Aviva claim process, I am with them for this year and hopefully change to someone else next year.

By the way, as much as it sucks, they are in their right to the moment they give you an offer to withdraw the rental, i think it is ridiculous but that is the number one complaint against Aviva in discussion boards and review sites and it turns out it says so in the contract.

Hope it works out, please keep us posted if you don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom