Daily observations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily observations

Passed on the right by sk8r girl (I was stopped at the time)

8a18c1c8d99d5bdbe66bd4444e8e59d7_zpsj0mkxp50.jpg

Parked next to a Bullet

7ed3f41c5eec6ade490cd0a872684871_zps2cyw216a.jpg

Drove through '420', following a Maserati

7cb5c56e60b4c715eedb617feea6777a_zps7uutusxo.jpg

Passed a CBR250 at DVP North / Don Mills

90ac57f980dfa4d8d5f7eea9041a9c41_zpswnc2suum.jpg

Supersport using the offramp to pass me (and the other cars)

a442f90ffea9dafdbb4c37c48db4f150_zpsrsnb2dp9.jpg

ADV girl at 404N / Steeles - sexy!

c3fd43e4a5f96dbf49dd6ff4e7dfd91e_zpsc2eglq0s.jpg

Another CBR250, this time with a wingman. They had the green arrow but the pedestrians decided to walk against the red hand anyways...

f0d0d6ca0a7fc0b399877e99cfee7b24_zpshgmle3m3.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, what camera are you using? I have a dashcam when on 4 wheels, would also like one when on 2.

They had the green arrow but the pedestrians decided to walk against the red hand anyways...

I don't know how you guys manage to not go insane trying to commute through Toronto. While Mississauga isn't great either, I've found all traffic laws and common courtesy seem to disappear east of the 427.

Added one photo ('420')

I'm using the Mobius-90 from https://www.mobius-actioncam.com

Mounted using the 'industrial' velcro they supply. Battery lasts about 2-1/2hrs. Overwrites the last file when the card is full like a dashcam does. I haven't figured out yet how to reduce the wind noise at speed. Been through a couple of rains with no issue, albeit you can get a rain cover for it as well.

20151016_132630_zpswjl368bd.jpg

@FLSTC it seems to take better stills than you do ?
I can't believe how much my hand shakes nowadays.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

The helmet cam stills are ipad screen captures while the video is paused. Yes, the mobius is awsome.

thats pretty good quality. is this a thread that we can contribute to? :p

Sure - go ahead. I was going to add a 'reply' with photos from that day if I come across anything interesting. Doesn't happen everyday though...

The helmet cam stills are ipad screen captures while the video is paused. Yes, the mobius is awsome.
Well I'm an idiot. I thought that you were pulling stills from the video. I really don't know much.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Whoops, yes pulling stills from the video. I didn't mean using my ipad to take a photo of another computer screen. I play the video on my ipad and pause it, then use the special ipad home-power key combination to make an image of what's on it's own screen at the time...

Youre making me regret my purchase already as i was considering mobius vs xiaomi.

I know the mobius is a great cam from my RC heli/drone days, It's very highly regarded in the (very picky) RC world. Was thinking of picking one up for a rear camera on my bike. Great still captures from that iPad!

have you tried putting tape over the audio hole?

I picked up a JVC action cam couple days ago and it's known to create loud wind noise. People on the
net have suggested tape over hole.

I wish I had my action cam today riding from Islington to Don Mills. I got passed by an e-bike and a scooter
riding through the construction zone that has pilons for no entry. I thought about it for a second but just can't
pull myself to do it.

Last edited:
Started my day with a wave from a Bandit.
81675ef84d67e0ba63f57725f49fbfd3_zpso66vklhp.jpg

I noticed supersport guy coming down the onramp. Left space ahead and waved him in, but not sure if he saw me wave.
0f6770805b00a4a60bbc2980df2d96f3_zpss65gc2v7.jpg

Nice loafers.
b028958306f465f27ab9e39a108eb95d_zpszr2rqjqr.jpg

Decided to park next to this fine 'Busa. You know that you're allowed to take those warning stickers off the tank don't you? It's like those mattress tags LoL.
e5879501552ce384d02ac62c8c1c0e78_zpsavogd3s7.jpg

On the way home, it's all distractions, distractions, distractions. Now you know why I rarely WFH, even though I could...
ea99eca0447a12039043abddc8e88de4_zps8taqfqfm.jpg

Despite the last photo, this was the best part of my ride. The young lad said 'hi', so I waved back. I've noticed that when I'm on my Harley, the babushkas seem to pull the kids along faster (and sometime the younger moms give me a smile LoL)
6a81157ff9eac94c7edd829582cc0d98_zpsazlleofc.jpg

Looks like Tom will need some axle work on his trailer soon (the easy way or the hard way)
2f1be0c6c43a8b2c90cd0c435500fafc_zpsnjqikkmt.jpg

Note to newbs: DO NOT ride behind this kind of truck!
6d9544a0bdb6ed1c58d9eb79f8f6e61f_zpskgz4gwqd.jpg

Last edited:
Do you take the 404 home? I think I might have spotted you around Newmarket. I like the way this thread works, pics and text instead of a motovlog. Nice work!

Thanks, but not me - I exit at Hwy 7. Was riding the DR650 today. Hoping someone will say 'hey, that's me in that photo'. Ideally sk8tr girl or belly button lady LoL. Loafer supersport guy is probably going to keep quiet until he gets some moto boots.

"Decided to park next to this fine 'Busa. You know that you're allowed to take those warning stickers off the tank don't you? "

Any tips on how to take them off without making a unsightly mess ?

Usually a hair dryer to heat up the label will help you to remove. Goo Gone solvent helps with any residual adhesive. I have a tin of Goof Off solvent that is stronger but may be hard on the paint - I use that for removing melted rainsuit off my muffler. This is assuming the labels are not under the clear coat... This technique even helped removed those ugly air-bag warning labels on the visors of my Ford. I removed a printed-on warning message on the rear seat of an atv I had at the time using acetone.

My bike was already 2 years old when i got it, so even with hair dryer, the residue was stuck there (even after goo gone)

What worked for me was the wash/wax spray cans

You spray on there, leave it on for a minute or so and buff/wipe with a microfiber
Repeat until its all gone

Also worked on my car that had a 6 year-old sticker on it and the residue wouldnt come off even with lighter fluid, rubbing alcohol, (goo gone too obvious), was about to use a sharp razor on it and happened to get that spray on...
needless to say my paint is now thankful post-detailing

Back
Top Bottom