FF versus 3/4 Helmets | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FF versus 3/4 Helmets

You're right. I'm going out now for a ride. I hope I can still get my full face on with all my new riding gear, but I think I'll survive the trip across town now.

BSYpzA1IMAAiOU0.jpg

Cigarette butts. Anyways, I'm not seeing how a 3/4 gives you a wider field of view. The sides seem the same, everything covered by the chin piece, is straight down. Can someone explain?

I've never found a full-face helmet to be in any way restrictive to my field of view. The manufacturers know that riders need a good field of view, and they design for it.

The 3/4 gives you a wider field of view because it is very hard to see your chin when wearing a full face - due to the chin bar.

LOL

Do people really need to see their chin while riding :D

I have no need to see anything positioned anywhere below the instrument cluster in my line of sight while riding, and on anything I've ever owned, the ergonomics people were paying at least some attention, and the instrument cluster can be seen while wearing a full face helmet with no difficulty whatsoever :lmao:

The vision & hearing arguments from the cruiser crowd are pretty weak.

Whatevs. I really wanted a Bell Rogue and would own one if only it fit my giant bean-shaped head.

340626d1383157911-bell-rogue-helmet-design-flaw-2013-bell-rogue-review.jpg

I'm all for people consciously making bad decisions.

Rationalization is bad.

If i could wear Darth Vader's helmet, I'd go FF every day. Even just walking the dog or getting groceries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

Do people really need to see their chin while riding :D

I have no need to see anything positioned anywhere below the instrument cluster in my line of sight while riding, and on anything I've ever owned, the ergonomics people were paying at least some attention, and the instrument cluster can be seen while wearing a full face helmet with no difficulty whatsoever :lmao:
I haven't seen anything below my belly in decades, so I know what you mean, sorta ?

I've never found a ff that fit right. I used to wear a half lid (and sometimes still do for short short trips) but now I wear my modular about 98% of the time. Wasn't really a safety decision, just that my glasses cost me $500+ and I don't wanna have them break because of flying debris. Like stated above, modular is down 95% of the time.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I was riding along the lake today and went through 2 CLOUDS of bugs, if I were not wearing my fullface I would have eaten enough bugs to fill my stomach all night.

When they hit a FF, they smack and stick.

When they hit the face, they bounce off the flesh. You really just need to get used to not opening your mouth.

Dust is a bigger annoyance. And sand.

Having said that, I know exactly why my dog sticks her head out the window. Dangerous? Sure. Feels great though. Risk accepted; havin fun.

When they hit a FF, they smack and stick.

When they hit the face, they bounce off the flesh. You really just need to get used to not opening your mouth.

Dust is a bigger annoyance. And sand.

Having said that, I know exactly why my dog sticks her head out the window. Dangerous? Sure. Feels great though. Risk accepted; havin fun.

And miss out on all that extra protein?

A friend got nailed by a bird in the chest.
It nearly knocked him off his bike, and the beak was embedded in his jacket.
Imagine taking that in the face.

The 3/4 gives you a wider field of view because it is very hard to see your chin when wearing a full face - due to the chin bar.

You have awesome peripheral vision. I can't see my chin even without a helmet.

Imagine taking that in the face.

That's what she said. ?

I just don't want to fork out another $400 for new glasses if they take a rock to them. I'll stick with my modular.

You have awesome peripheral vision. I can't see my chin even without a helmet.

Maybe an awesome chin instead?
I can barely see my upper lip in any helmet, but have no peripheral trouble at all to the sides.

That's what she said. 

I just don't want to fork out another $400 for new glasses if they take a rock to them. I'll stick with my modular.

Supposed to wear googles if its a 3/4. Although $400 is cheap for glasses.
the.official.goggles.pisano.fan.club

Supposed to wear googles if its a 3/4. Although $400 is cheap for glasses.
the.official.goggles.pisano.fan.club

I have yellow tinted safety glasses when I wear the half helmet, but those times are few and far between.
I buy the cheapest frames that I can, plus get my glasses from Costco. Same rx anywhere else is ~$200 more.
Man, I love Goggles Paesano!

Tried my Australian convertible today and looks like I'll take that on the East Coast trip as the AFX won't mount the SENA 20 securely while the convertible will.
It was very quiet with the -33 db earplugs in....don't think I can get it on with earphones :(.

Might chase some very low profile cheapie earphones - too bad my Klipsch blew a channel tho I likely could listen to audio books with just one in.

But the SENA speakers fit in nicely.

WIth the new windscreen on the CFB I'm seriously considering taking it instead of the Strom. Just have to pack less as smaller side bags and no top case which I'm not inclined to buy when I have the Strom with more space.

I have a modular but I ride in full face mode 99% of the time. The flip up is just for gas stops and quick pit stop drinks.

You ride with it flipped up 1% of the time? The dot rating is only with the chin bar down on a modular.

You ride with it flipped up 1% of the time? The dot rating is only with the chin bar down on a modular.

Hardly ever ride with it flipped up. Use the flip up when I'm stopped and feeling too lazy to take the
lid off

Really? I didn't know that. I've done it in bumper to bumper traffic.

Question regarding FF: does anyone wear glasses and have trouble fitting them on with a FF? That's one reason why I chose the modular, they seem to fit much better.

Back
Top Bottom