20 Bay/ 88 Queens Quay Parking Notice | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

20 Bay/ 88 Queens Quay Parking Notice

fak, everyone the parked there today got ticketed, they were serious!
the one day i call in sick lol

now i wont be able to reach all the riders. frak
That sucks. I've got a line painter, I could come and create some parking overnight lol... Can even put a big M in each spot to show it's for bikes. Maybe I'll confuse some parking pigs.

That sucks. I've got a line painter, I could come and create some parking overnight lol... Can even put a big M in each spot to show it's for bikes. Maybe I'll confuse some parking pigs.
all i could think about while reading this was the following:
latest

I know your kidding, I assume the building has 24/7 security who would likely be all over you before you got the second spot painted..lol Also, seeing that the notices are coming from Property management I would assume it is private property, and they would know the spots were fake and would still call parking enforcement and tag all the bikes. Parking enforcement officers can only write tickets on private property if they are requested to do so by the owner/management.

OP given that they tagged all the bikes yesterday, seems like they are serious and that they are likely to continue the tagging until the message is received and people find alternatives.

I know your kidding, I assume the building has 24/7 security who would likely be all over you before you got the second spot painted..lol Also, seeing that the notices are coming from Property management I would assume it is private property, and they would know the spots were fake and would still call parking enforcement and tag all the bikes. Parking enforcement officers can only write tickets on private property if they are requested to do so by the owner/management.

OP given that they tagged all the bikes yesterday, seems like they are serious and that they are likely to continue the tagging until the message is received and people find alternatives.
ya think?

129733083.jpg

sad part is i didnt get any notice, otherwise i wouldve flyer'ed all the bike to warn them and also to be able to find a way to get them into discussions with property mgmt.

although i somewhat like the idea of citytv or something along those lines, it might backfire as well if you get the wrong person. and also that will "advertise" the spots which is not something we were trying to do in order to keep it to the employees of the building as much as possible (to try to keep it manageable)

argh. currently, the only way to pressure them is by paying the daily rate and taking up a full car spot, which will fill up a lot of spots and make cager users angry but i'm sure most motorcyclists will have reservations to it seeing that its still $20 a day.
the only way we'd be able to screw the system is if one person paid (with say, 2 bikes next to him) so it looks like people are paying to park together but we each take a single spot lol
stuck between a rock and a hard place

fak, everyone the parked there today got ticketed, they were serious!
the one day i call in sick lol

now i wont be able to reach all the riders. frak

Time to respond. City TV & taking up car spaces. Pay the $20 each for a week, its the cost of the fight. Either that or roll over. Problem is, now that the bikes are gone, it will be much harder to organize.

So can a Commonwealth citizen get in to retire? I've got relatives there if that helps.

yeah, I'd say so. Actually, I've had a couple riders from GTAM message me over the years about migrating over there and wanted some info/tips. As far as I am aware they did move.

Time to respond. City TV & taking up car spaces. Pay the $20 each for a week, its the cost of the fight. Either that or roll over. Problem is, now that the bikes are gone, it will be much harder to organize.

You could wait outside in the morning with your helmet in hand and then when other riders come in - you can spot them with their riding gear too, then you could chat to them.

@LePhillou So, where did everyone park today? BTW - I noticed the paid parking lot behind metro hall now has a "NO MOTORCYCLE PARKING" painted in the corner where bikes used to sneak a free park. I think you mentioned to me you used to park there when you worked on Wellington St.

You could wait outside in the morning with your helmet in hand and then when other riders come in - you can spot them with their riding gear too, then you could chat to them.

@LePhillou So, where did everyone park today? BTW - I noticed the paid parking lot behind metro hall now has a "NO MOTORCYCLE PARKING" painted in the corner where bikes used to sneak a free park. I think you mentioned to me you used to park there when you worked on Wellington St.
Yeah i think oxford properties cracked down the whip in the "we don't like motorcyclists" direction.
They like talking about being green and environmentally friendly (as far as eating crickets as a suggestion...yeah that's an actual campaign) but won't discuss motorcycles...

@Face : that's the problem, the audience will have given up, personally, i did park in a car spot today and i know some riders whether
a) didnt come in riding due to rain in the forecast
b) probably didnt come in riding due to fine from yesterday

All i know is Oxford mentioned that there were accidents and complaints last year, and that's where it could backfire with media coverage as we are not aware of the nature of said accidents and complaints... just that some were about "speeding motorcycles"
So i can't reach my audience as some come in earlier and some come in later but im pretty sure a bunch will just have given up and will take alternative methods of transport.

I feel like every year, there's something to discourage motorcyclists to keep riding. Whether it be 20%+ insurance increases, threats to remove free parking, change in policy regarding motorcycles on private property... such an uphill battle for something that's so widely accepted AROUND THE WORLD as a main method of transport.
It's so frustrating to experience that narrow-mindedness in a city that claims to be "World Class"

I feel like every year, there's something to discourage motorcyclists to keep riding. Whether it be 20%+ insurance increases, threats to remove free parking, change in policy regarding motorcycles on private property... such an uphill battle for something that's so widely accepted AROUND THE WORLD as a main method of transport.
It's so frustrating to experience that narrow-mindedness in a city that claims to be "World Class"

It's truly disappointing that people can't be more accepting of motorcycles, here.

I agree with everything in terms of reducing congestion, and alleviating parking space as advantages of riding motorcycles, however motorcycles are NOT more "green" than cars. We pollute with less volume, but in much higher concentrations... only very few bikes today have catalytic converters that will actually pollute less overall when compared to a typical gasoline car.

It's truly disappointing that people can't be more accepting of motorcycles, here.

I agree with everything in terms of reducing congestion, and alleviating parking space as advantages of riding motorcycles, however motorcycles are NOT more "green" than cars. We pollute with less volume, but in much higher concentrations... only very few bikes today have catalytic converters that will actually pollute less overall when compared to a typical gasoline car.
I see it as more green as we spend less time in traffic, and also have lower gas consumption.

My commute averages 30-45 minutes on the bike, definitely wouldn't get that in the car. Much closer to an hour.
On top of that, I only avg about 4-5l/100km where as in the car its 10l/100km.
i end up paying 12-13$ fo 250-300km in a tank vs 50-60 for 450-500km. And if we consider that i save a good 15-20 minutes on top of that, that's also more gas that's not being wasted sitting idle/slow speed in traffic.

So maybe in emissions its not more "green" (except in Cali with their stricter laws) but definitely consumption of fossil fuels is diminished by using this alternative to the car.

Are you guys working from home already? Talk to your managers and tell them that now you need to work remotely 3 days a week, because of issues with your transportation...

Are you guys working from home already? Talk to your managers and tell them that now you need to work remotely 3 days a week, because of issues with your transportation...
ahhaha yeah i do work from home, i try to do it at least once a week but they're basically on that fence where they still want people to come in the office but will let you work from home if needed.

Riding the bike to work is probably the best part of my work day lol

I see it as more green as we spend less time in traffic, and also have lower gas consumption.

My commute averages 30-45 minutes on the bike, definitely wouldn't get that in the car. Much closer to an hour.
i end up paying 12-13$ fo 250-300km in a tank vs 50-60 for 450-500km. And if we consider that i save a good 15-20 minutes on top of that, that's also more gas that's not being wasted sitting idle/slow speed in traffic.

So maybe in emissions its not more "green" (except in Cali with their stricter laws) but definitely consumption of fossil fuels is diminished by using this alternative to the car.

I feel you; motorcycling is definitely a more efficient means of travel from a time and fuel consumption perspective (hell, that's how I justify it, too!), but if (hypothetically) every 1-person car turned into a 1-person motorcycle in the GTA, our smog issues would be very similar, if not worse than today :)

I feel you; motorcycling is definitely a more efficient means of travel from a time and fuel consumption perspective (hell, that's how I justify it, too!), but if (hypothetically) every 1-person car turned into a 1-person motorcycle in the GTA, our smog issues would be very similar, if not worse than today :)

BUT everything else goes down, so a positive in the end. i.e. gas consumption, commute times, etc. Actually if commute times go down and we're not sitting in traffic spewing smog getting nowhere, wouldn't the smog go down too?

ahhaha yeah i do work from home, i try to do it at least once a week but they're basically on that fence where they still want people to come in the office but will let you work from home if needed.

Riding the bike to work is probably the best part of my work day lol

Nice that things have improved since I was with them. They were highly suspicious of us best able to work from home of actually doing so.

Barcelona has its act together - filtering, parking EVERYWHERE for scoots and the fewer mcycles

DSCN0709.jpg

There are hundreds of streets loaded up like this in a supremely liveable city.

Trying to figure out how your commute is that much shorter without doing something shady or even illegal. Mine was always exactly the same, car or bike. 12 minutes on a good day, and over an hour on a bad one. In fact the car was probably a little faster, since I would park closer and didn't have to change out of or into my gear.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how your commute is that much shorter without doing something shady or even illegal. Mine was always exactly the same, car or bike. 12 minutes on a good day, and over an hour on a bad one. In fact the car was probably a little faster, since I would park closer and didn't have to change out of or into my gear.

will depend on what route he takes. If hes coming on the highway, it maybe insignificant, in the inner city suburbs of Toronto there are diamond lanes that allow motorcycles (Eglington, Don Mills etc). Being able to squeeze down past traffic in the lanes that become parking (ie. Danforth ). That extra acceleration on a bike to max legal speed may be enough to get you through the next set of lights in time..

Better, lane changes at the right time, further vision to determine if i take gardiner or lakeshore to get back on lakeshore. On lakeshore being able to go from left lane to right lane takes a lot less time without affecting the cars around me compared to when im in a car (hello lane that goes up to parkside and that's always the fastest)

So i dont sit idle in traffic in one lane the whole way, i get my motor running. Haven't done the drive in a while now, but i did calculate. And also, parking costs something for cars so that cost makes it not worth it in itself.

Back
Top Bottom