20 Bay/ 88 Queens Quay Parking Notice | GTAMotorcycle.com

20 Bay/ 88 Queens Quay Parking Notice

KoN

Just got this in an e-mail at work looks like i have to find a new place to park due to pedestrian safety concerns. What a load of crap =\

To: All Customers at Waterpark Place and RBC Waterpark Place

Re: NOTICE: Bicycle and Motorcycle Parking

Spring has finally sprung! As we begin to enjoy more of our time outdoors, we would like to kindly remind our Customers of the following Complex amenities:

Exterior Bike Racks:
§ All Complex exterior bike racks is limited to Harbour Street only; this is the North side of 88 Queens Quay and 20 Bay.
Bicycle poles/rings provided by the City of Toronto are still available along both Bay Street and Queens Quay.

Motorcycle Parking:
§ Effective immediately, for the safety of pedestrians, motorcycle and scooter parking will NO longer be permitted along Harbour Street. Notices will be given to offenders, and the City of Toronto officials will be monitoring this area and penalty fines will be issued.

Bicycle Storage Rooms and Change Rooms:
Did you know? Memberships for the bicycle storage rooms, without access to change rooms and showers, is FREE on a first-come, first serve basis after Lease obligations.
Please see below for more information or feel free to drop in WaterPark Athletics for a quick tour!

Please visit our WaterPark Athletics website at https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/home?studioid=223410

If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact our office directly.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Oxford Properties Group

WaterPark Place
10 Bay Street, Suite 810, Toronto, ON M5J 2R8
Direct: 416.360.4611
waterparkplace@oxfordproperties.com
bGrkfMsl.jpg

so you were parking on a pedestrian walkway and were asked to not parked there anymore.......

If people were riding along the sidewalk, instead of walking their bike's then . . .

don't be push overs
start a rolling protest
25 of you should be enough to bring attention to your cause:lmao:

Actually if you had enough ppl that would agree, you guys could pay for parking and put one bike per spot to take up all the spots at the front
someone will say wth allow 4 bikes to share 1 spot

at the end of the day...rich ppl problems (parking your toys downtown)

Uh yeah that didn't exactly look like a place where motor vehicles should be parking.

Maybe it wasn't supposed to be parking, but someone did put safety cones there so it seems that it was allowed.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

errrhhh i was kinda trying to get people to do an uprising,

I work in that building, there's no street parking close by. (weirdly i just checked my work email and i don't see said email as of today)

They SAID they would have some moto spots in the underground parking but they had 10 of them, 8 of them being occupied by semi-heavy equipement pictured below with outline of parking spots. (oh and monthly price of $170 each spot)

Where are we supposed to go!? And also if it's how i get to work on a daily basis, is it really still a toy? They want to make it look like they are so accomodating to everyone (the added a section of Path to join to the building, they added more bicycle parking too, which is almost all empty, and their car parking lot is most of the time full lol)

I wrote to them last year to express our concern and they said in spring they'll try to make arrangements... nothing's been done except...well this email.

Anyone on here with bikes that works with rbc (main tenant of the building) join the Connect group CA-TO-Motorbike
or the newer group RBC Motorcycle Riders
And we can all discuss it.

129697291.jpg

First warm day, 20 bikes, in the middle of summer there are more people...+ we have had a lot of people move into the building over the winter months (as they were still building the floors)

129697316.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it wasn't supposed to be parking, but someone did put safety cones there so it seems that it was allowed.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk
safety cones were for construction workers for work they were doing last year (re-tiling with a drain).

no more safety cones this year.

What a waste of space under the bridge part.
Perhaps you can contact CityTv and make an outrage, say wasted space, bad for environment, etc...

It appears that you can use that wasted space to park the bikes and section off a larger part for the sidewalk.
Is that a high pedestrian traffic area?

wow $170/mth and I bet you they will say 1 spot per vehicle

good luck

What a waste of space under the bridge part.
Perhaps you can contact CityTv and make an outrage, say wasted space, bad for environment, etc...

It appears that you can use that wasted space to park the bikes and section off a larger part for the sidewalk.
Is that a high pedestrian traffic area?

wow $170/mth and I bet you they will say 1 spot per vehicle

good luck

Parking under the off ramp would make sense, but I'm pretty sure that is City land and the bureaucracy to get that paved & approved would be horrendous. LePhillou, from your photo its pretty clear that there is lots of space for both bikes and pedestrians, especially since the north side of a building against a freeway ramp is a less than desirable pedestrian route. Its also not part of a larger pedestrian system, so probably not well used. Bike access is from the parking driveway access from Harbour St., so you're not interfering with pedestrians on Bay St.

I agree, City TV is the way to go. No outrage, just a group people who use an efficient way to commute with no other option for parking, being ousted by a big management company for no obvious reason. Give them the e-mail in the first post and the name of the person in charge of the property management office, and City TV will try to interview them as well. Public embarrassment is probably your best option.

$170/month for the parking sports is probably why they don't want bikes to park there so you rent a spot instead. Totally agree about the wasted space under the bridge, they could have easily created motorcycle parking spots under the bridge instead of filling it with rocks =\

too bad. To me, its wasted space, and at least its given a few people options not to take the car.
I bet the "safety" concern is the riding of the motorcyle/scooters across to the road.

$170/month for the parking sports is probably why they don't want bikes to park there so you rent a spot instead. Totally agree about the wasted space under the bridge, they could have easily created motorcycle parking spots under the bridge instead of filling it with rocks =\

I'm sure The use of rocks are for "environmental" drainage reasons...or to discourage hobo's (are they still called hobo's in this F'n Polically Correct world?) from camping out there... ;-) lol

It seems pretty clear to me. It is a pedestrian pathway. If the owners of the building turn a blind eye to bikes riding on it to get to the parking spots riders have created, and a pedestrian gets hit, guess who they sue?? Building owners are just being proactive so if a rider hits a pedestrian they can point out that they advised it was illegal to park there. i would bet the city Parking enforcement officers will be more than happy to write tickets, (they could hit their daily quota in very short order), plus all the revenue. Have a group get together and buy one of the moto parking spots in the underground, that would force the landlord to move the equipment...lol

Beautiful pic, face!

I understand their concern, believe me.

The bicycles run freely there at higher speeds and also got extra parking installed outside (they also have an option to pay for inside parking and get free shower usage out of it for about...$10/month), there are barely any pedestrians using that walkway (although there still are, marginally speaking...) but its nothing compared to the amount of traffic that happens on the south side (queens quay).

On a random sidenote, we actually have a hobo that sleeps on another set of rocks under the off ramp thats on the west side of the building (at least all his camping gear is there lol)

As much as 170 a month seems appealing ( :rolleyes: ...not) the amount of space theyre offering is abysmal compared to a car spot ($250-270) that could fit probably 4 bikes.

We also had one rider who had gotten a voicemail back from property management (that was over a year ago when they started receiving people in the building) indicating that he was clear to park there along with any other motorcycle... well seems like they changed their stance lol

Parking under the off ramp would make sense, but I'm pretty sure that is City land and the bureaucracy to get that paved & approved would be horrendous. LePhillou, from your photo its pretty clear that there is lots of space for both bikes and pedestrians, especially since the north side of a building against a freeway ramp is a less than desirable pedestrian route. Its also not part of a larger pedestrian system, so probably not well used. Bike access is from the parking driveway access from Harbour St., so you're not interfering with pedestrians on Bay St.

I agree, City TV is the way to go. No outrage, just a group people who use an efficient way to commute with no other option for parking, being ousted by a big management company for no obvious reason. Give them the e-mail in the first post and the name of the person in charge of the property management office, and City TV will try to interview them as well. Public embarrassment is probably your best option.

hmmm
Tell them you are being discriminated against and you are a transgendered rider.
Come up with some story you feel safe parking there, you are surrounded by fellow riders that can keep you safe.
See how that goes...lol

but seriously, make a run for being excluded...they provide bicycle parking.
Also wouldn't be safe for pedestrians NOT to use that side since things can fly off the ramp and hit them.

Parking next to a pedestrian walkway works just fine in Barcelona and is not ticketed if you don't actually block the pedestrian path of travel. Not just scooters either, I've done it with an R1200RT. Funny, no pedestrians get run over there.

http://suitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/IMG_4063.jpg

(sorry, link only, image too large to load)

Many places in the world have a more understanding concept of MCs than spacious North America.

It seems pretty clear to me. It is a pedestrian pathway. If the owners of the building turn a blind eye to bikes riding on it to get to the parking spots riders have created, and a pedestrian gets hit, guess who they sue?? Building owners are just being proactive so if a rider hits a pedestrian they can point out that they advised it was illegal to park there. i would bet the city Parking enforcement officers will be more than happy to write tickets, (they could hit their daily quota in very short order), plus all the revenue. Have a group get together and buy one of the moto parking spots in the underground, that would force the landlord to move the equipment...lol

Or in this over-regulated litigious culture of ours ... simply paint a yellow line down the middle of the space, label the south side next to the building as "Pedestrian Walkway", and label the north side as "Motorcycle Parking Access". Put a sign up at the curb saying "motorcycle parking, tenants only, all others will be removed" + the usual "park at your own risk" legalese. Oxford could then issue stickers to tenants to identify their bikes. They could charge a token amount (since its outdoor parking), or promote themselves as good guys and give the stickers for free.

Corporate rear end covered. Revenue, if any, goes to Oxford not the green hornets. Plus the remaining walkway is still wider than any walkway requirements the City could insist on through Site Plan Agreements.

Back
Top Bottom