20 Bay/ 88 Queens Quay Parking Notice | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

20 Bay/ 88 Queens Quay Parking Notice

Better, lane changes at the right time, further vision to determine if i take gardiner or lakeshore to get back on lakeshore. On lakeshore being able to go from left lane to right lane takes a lot less time without affecting the cars around me compared to when im in a car (hello lane that goes up to parkside and that's always the fastest)

So i dont sit idle in traffic in one lane the whole way, i get my motor running. Haven't done the drive in a while now, but i did calculate. And also, parking costs something for cars so that cost makes it not worth it in itself.

Hopefully, you weren't the person with an owl on your backpack. They left me shaking my head.

Hopefully, you weren't the person with an owl on your backpack. They left me shaking my head.
lol nope, plain black ogio backpack :) didn't cross any other rider (eastbound) today on my way to work, it was a mess though, big accident on mississauga road, construction on 2 of the roads i use to get to south service road...

Two things. First of all, pedestrian traffic there is MINIMAL compared to other areas of downtown.

Second... There's enough space there for pedestrians to walk SAFELY.

What a waste! Everybody is trying to make the city less and less livable.

Agreed.

I'm someone that occasionally parked there. There's still 15-20 of sidewalk available for pedestrians, and part of it is actually partitioned off with columns for pedestrian safety.

I can't see how someone could say this is the "corporation" being greedy; they're perpetually out of parking spaces by like 08:00 every work day. On a good day, 20-30 bikes would park along the ramp. They do NOT have 20-30 spare spaces in their parking. They even start turning away valet parking for cars around 10:00 because they're out of space.

There are no street side parking spaces nearby for motorcyclists to use. Either we park street side 20 minutes away, or we pay ridiculous rates for a full car parking space in a distant parking lot. The loss of this space is a real bummer.

protest
park all your bikes there
chain them together
call CityTv and startup social media site

protest
chain them together
people still will get tickets, which come up to more than protesting by parking in a full parking spot...but
1- no one wants to dish out money
2- i cant reach anyone anymore
3- to post things like that on all floors to reach maybe 30-40 people spread out over 31 floors will be a challenge
4- people never speak up when we try to reach out, they just spectate.

that's what ive seen for most of the time ive been trying to git er done since november

protest
chain them together

And lose your jobs, be given a trespass ban, or be otherwise disciplined for the act by your employer or by the building's owner.

There is actually a motorcycle parking spot at P2 level by the entrance to 10/20Bay from the 88 Queensquay. I am going to check it out tomorrow whether it can squeeze through the gates! I like the Brantford Hospital that they made the space wide enough at the parking exit gate that bike can go in from there and the motorcycle parking is right at the exit area.

There is actually a motorcycle parking spot at P2 level by the entrance to 10/20Bay from the 88 Queensquay. I am going to check it out tomorrow whether it can squeeze through the gates! I like the Brantford Hospital that they made the space wide enough at the parking exit gate that bike can go in from there and the motorcycle parking is right at the exit area.

they want you to pay. you can try squeezing, but they've got cameras so i don't know how much they do or don't care but this is what happened to me when i came to actually PAY.

i tried going in. fumbled to find my wallet at the gate and within 5 seconds there was a lady on the intercom system asking me if i needed help. which kinda startled me.

i'm not working in that building anymore but i doubt that it'll be better once the construction is done on harbour.

me and a few other bikes were parking behind harbour sixty (off of lakeshore) on the cobblestones, kinda illegal. otherwise you can whether pay or park on the street just past Yonge, where the LCBO is.

Riding around barriers is just commonplace in Europe, and hotel staff actively ask if you intend to do that or if they need to charge you for parking on your hotel bill. But in Europe, they have weight of numbers; we do not.

Here, my concern is that there is so much anti-motorcycling attitude already, riding around the barriers will only further enrage an unwelcoming public. Cameras everywhere, and a negative attitude by building management, could end up with your bike being towed/impounded the next time you visit the lot, and the rest of us being treated as criminals-in-waiting. I don't agree with it, but when I'm in Ontario, I accept that I'm in a Police State where every corporation wants to do their part.

Yes, I've seen riders ride around the barriers leaving 88QQ to the Harbour exit. Also saw one bike get his jacket caught on the arm, and he nearly dropped his bike. All of this right in front of the staffed parking management window. I don't do it, myself. :\

Riding around barriers is just commonplace in Europe, and hotel staff actively ask if you intend to do that or if they need to charge you for parking on your hotel bill. But in Europe, they have weight of numbers; we do not. :\

it was kinda nice when we had 30-40 bikes parked together though... before they kicked us out. felt like there truly was a "community" of riders, and when you think of it, a decent amount of riders for a building.

I'm thinking if they see one or 2 riders do it, 2-3 times a week they won't worry. But if they see more people do it and as mentioned, fail and come close to damaged themselves (or their equipment) then we might run into some problems.

Now the building i work from has a privately owned public lot across the street. And there's a corner where as the attendant said "we do not have any business with what happens in that corner, and it's free to park there, but have no responsibility if any bike gets moved, tipped, damaged,etc"

Personally, i am okay with that attitude as most riders will be responsible enough to organize. But boy oh boy, people don't know how to park efficiently. And some people just straight up block other people from coming out of the lot. Anyhow i got sidetracked.

Boo Oxford

Where is everybody parking now?

I did a "reconnaissance" ride yesterday and saw Freeland St and Cooper St as possible alternatives, but both streets now are strictly Permit Parking (5G). They used to allow non permit parking from 7am-7pm.

Permits for bikes are free. I wonder if I could get a 5G permit without being a resident of that street.

Where is everybody parking now?

I did a "reconnaissance" ride yesterday and saw Freeland St and Cooper St as possible alternatives, but both streets now are strictly Permit Parking (5G). They used to allow non permit parking from 7am-7pm.

Permits for bikes are free. I wonder if I could get a 5G permit without being a resident of that street.
Its been pretty free for all lately.

I've start taking my pedalbike instead, pay the $10/month to park it inside and give me access to lockers and showers inside.

Blows my mind as to why something similar can't be done for our motorbikes.

And with the remodel of the area, i'd asked as a suggestion to have some motorcycle parking but obv they don't care.

Back
Top Bottom