dog causes 2 motorcyclists to crash | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

dog causes 2 motorcyclists to crash

these guys should take more riding lessons, ride through it would have had a better chance

Last edited:
Easy to be an armchair quarterback looking at video vs actually being the rider...but it sure does look like that second guy just completely bailed instead of making any effort to brake or steer around things.

If a small animal runs out in front with next to no warning (can easily be <1 second from coming into view to impact) it's better to be straight up and down and NOT jumping all over the brakes. The hit will unsettle the bike but if you are not on the brakes you will have more available grip for regaining stability after the hit.

I hit a big raccoon and survived ... the raccoon didn't ...

Looks like they both grabbed the front brake quickly enough to lift their rear tires off the ground.

46bba35779dbb0d1c01b3561a741c915_zpsnlvz1uvu.jpg

8fcaf2f228584e4fec0b01c757269f1d_zpsqvavpxyp.jpg

Yep. Would have been better to NOT hit the brakes, and at least have wheels in contact with the ground and rolling to maintain stability.

I'm still trying to figure out how the third bike ended up on it's side. My guess - the lady rider - was too in shock to process things like how to get off the bike properly.

I guess nobody wanted to be the dog killer

I'm still trying to figure out how the third bike ended up on it's side. My guess - the lady rider - was too in shock to process things like how to get off the bike properly.

Hahaha...damn lady riders.
What actually happened is the first guy who went down bumped into her and I'm guessing she didn't put down the stand to avoid leaning the bike over him and was in too much shock to roll forward.

3rd bike had a video in post #13.

She ran the bike into the back of the 1st guy that fell down.

I just watched post #13 video again. At 0:32 the girl gives him a wedgie.

The 2nd guy that jumped from the truck has a camera. Wonder why he hasn't posted it yet.

Looks like they both grabbed the front brake quickly enough to lift their rear tires off the ground.

46bba35779dbb0d1c01b3561a741c915_zpsnlvz1uvu.jpg

8fcaf2f228584e4fec0b01c757269f1d_zpsqvavpxyp.jpg

It's not often you enjoy stills over a video. Of the two pics, I'm still trying to pick a favourite.

I'm still surprised a bit about the sidearms on the riders.. I know its the US of A, but really, is it all like that now?

I'm still surprised a bit about the sidearms on the riders.. I know its the US of A, but really, is it all like that now?

Depends on the state but, I know a lot of riders carry sidearms. AZ, FL and TX seem to be common. If you don't, it's kind of weird actually.

I know its the US of A, but really, is it all like that now?

Yes, in many states, it is. If you're not carrying a hip cannon you're a wussy/sheep/deadman/victim/etc.

Went to the target range last time we were in SC and I rented a glock just to get some handgun time. After an hour or so on the range I got talking to the range officer when he recognized my accent and he was vehement that our laws are crazy and our inability to carry handguns everywhere make us sheep in a field full of wolves, all on the edge of being slaughtered by the crazy psycho waiting around every corner. It's amazing we're not all dead, apparently.

That's the mentality there. Everyone needs to carry otherwise everyone else can/could/will kill you should you not be constantly carrying and able to "Defend yourself" at the drop of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom