Riding after a haircut? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding after a haircut?

We all lose strands of hair naturally throughout the day, sometimes upwards of a hundred a day. It's in your baseball cap, on your pillow, in your shower drain and, yes, in your helmet. If some haircut trimmings in your nutcase give you the heebee-geebees don't even think about all the epidermal cells and perspiration you're leaving there daily...

Which, BTW, is why buying used helmets is grosser than people think

Anyway, if you're really concerned:
- have the hairdresser run the hair dryer while running her fingers through the hair to loosen and expel any stragglers
- have a post-cut hairwash
- go commando (i.e. buzz it all off...)
- man up and just accept that there's all sorts of nasty going on inside your helmet

Do you sweat in your helmet on a hot humid day of riding? Or, do you just not ride on those days?

Have your barber cut your hair with a Flobee to reduce errant cut follicles.

Post cut, have your barber run a shop vac over your hair to suck up any undesirable remains of you DNA.

Pre cut, rub a balloon all over your hair, statically charging it, so that any hair snippets will stick to the balloon.

Have your barber position the chair underneath an industrial grade exhaust vacuum and switch it to "11".

Things I have learned from this thread:
1: Mango has a full head of hair
2: bald is beautiful & low maintenance
3: cbcanada manscapes
4: le phillou is black
5: this thread IS really happening
6: this thread has more posts than the new lesbian rider thread does

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

...Well that's enough Internet for today (and it's only 8AM!!!)

I never said it's beautiful just told him to shave his head so he doesn't get hair in his helmet.

I never said it's beautiful just told him to shave his head so he doesn't get hair in his helmet.
I know you didn't. But I'm bald. ?

Just put a plastic produce bag over your head. You know, the ones you get @ the grocery store for free. I do this all the time after a cut, and it works!

Just put a plastic produce bag over your head. You know, the ones you get @ the grocery store for free. I do this all the time after a cut, and it works!

I would also advise the OP not to cover the nose and the mouth.. May cause some small issues with respiration

I get my hair cut in Pennsylvania where I can legally ride around a bit to lose all the little bits of hair, then the helmet goes back on. In that order of course.
And with my silver/grey coloured hair, it matches the interior of my helmet, so I'm double covered.

wut?...there's a lesbian rider thread? :confused:

Why even get a haircut? If you really need one, get one in the winter when you can't ride.

Dude, for $25, they better be giving you a wash too.

My barber in Scarborough will give me a cut, wash and espresso for $20 :) I always gotta tell him "no hairgel" when I show up on the bike LOL

Mine is about $20, spends prolly an hour on my head... but always looks great every single time!

Pay more and go to a decent place which will wash your hair before and after the hair cut - I pay 55 tip in but some things are worth it

P.S. Sprint has arrived and so are the _________ Questions
So I'm almost at the point of I require a haircut shortly, and the area I live in has a good barber (Sam's), but I'm used to spending 10-15$ after tip on a cut, and he's about 25$ before tip for what seems like the same deal?

Idk, maybe I'm too frugal for this world of hair and cuts...

Regardless, there's a couple places I used to go for a haircut, cheaper and also good people, but I have the dilemma of not wanting to get hair in my helmet, potentially forever :/

My mom used to live by my old barber, so I'd wash my head after the cut and be good to go home a little later, but she moved.

Any solutions for riding home without getting hair in the helmet, or would walking to the local barber be the best bet? Taking a bus (6$ round trip) pretty much breaks the differential...

PS. Walking to Chinatown is an option, but one I'm not willing to take my hair to, too heavy of a gamble.

So far the balaclava seems to be the best option.

I personally have done it. I'm black and have anything from a small to a big fro, when i get it cut during summer, hair might get in the helmet but i never notice it to be honest.

Mine is about $20, spends prolly an hour on my head... but always looks great every single time!

Diggin' the + vibe, no white people problems here:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom