Riding after a haircut? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding after a haircut?

Mango Rider

So I'm almost at the point of I require a haircut shortly, and the area I live in has a good barber (Sam's), but I'm used to spending 10-15$ after tip on a cut, and he's about 25$ before tip for what seems like the same deal?

Idk, maybe I'm too frugal for this world of hair and cuts...

Regardless, there's a couple places I used to go for a haircut, cheaper and also good people, but I have the dilemma of not wanting to get hair in my helmet, potentially forever :/

My mom used to live by my old barber, so I'd wash my head after the cut and be good to go home a little later, but she moved.

Any solutions for riding home without getting hair in the helmet, or would walking to the local barber be the best bet? Taking a bus (6$ round trip) pretty much breaks the differential...

PS. Walking to Chinatown is an option, but one I'm not willing to take my hair to, too heavy of a gamble.

Let's play devil's hairdvocate - won't you be getting a sub-optimal haircuit anyway, if you show up with helmet flattened hair?

Just spend the $ and get a shampoo after

If you're just getting a haircut it shouldn't be a problem keeping track of and disposing of the cut end. Now if you're getting a bunch cut, I get it, that would prove time consuming and unwieldy. Go to Chinatown, they'll put a team on it for the price of one normal person.

#1 metal trimmer, blow off scalp with hair dryer, all is good. Other upside, no helmet head! That's the way I ride.

Let's play devil's hairdvocate - won't you be getting a sub-optimal haircuit anyway, if you show up with helmet flattened hair?
My hair is really thick n heavy. Everytime I get a haircut, they soak my head with the spray bottle regardless, usually til it's dripping down my neck. Imagine the same deal would have if I came in with helmet hair.

Thin balaclava
Might be the best bet to get a cut from anywhere actually!

Do it yourself, Youtube can help. more gas money, more fun
I don't trust myself enough to do anything to the back of my head, razor or scissors ):

#1 metal trimmer, blow off scalp with hair dryer, all is good. Other upside, no helmet head! That's the way I ride.
I like my hair too much at this point to get it all shaved off, but maintenance-wise, would easily be the best bet!

Just spend the $ and get a shampoo after
How much more is a shampoo in that case? I guess each one would vary... I've only ever done that for a wedding, but I don't remember the cost of the whole shabang. And in that case, I may as well go to the local barber. He does have a repertoire throughout Toronto apparently, as an old Italian barber on St Clair...

I don't see your dilemma here...whats the issue with getting hair in your helmet, where your hair will always be anyways? Just ask them to do a nice fine tooth comb job to pull out any loose hair before you go? Then if you have any hair left in your helmet once home use a lint roller sheet or some scotch tape to pick up the leftover hair? Again whats the issue with having a few loose hairs in your helmet? Im so confused

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I actually don't understand, are you leaving haricuts just covered in hair clippings everywhere looking like Chewbacca. If that's the case, wouldn't they equally end up all over your car headrest? Just have the barber rinse your hair after he's done, or like mine does, take a blow dryer and a comb to it.

I just buzz my hair in the bathroom and clean it up then shower ... what's are these things called barbers ?

So far the balaclava seems to be the best option.

I personally have done it. I'm black and have anything from a small to a big fro, when i get it cut during summer, hair might get in the helmet but i never notice it to be honest.

Baby powder.

Neet.

put a couple pc of paper towel in your helmet, wont affect the fit and it collects the trimmings and residual wet hair. Why is this so hard?

Back
Top Bottom