The Personal Insurance Company | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Personal Insurance Company

The Personal Insurance Company - just looked into them recently and the rates seem attractive. Does anyone have any experience with/comments about them?

Thanks.
Currently insured with them

Depending on your group, they have some of the best rates

Don't insure SS bikes though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have my old cruiser and sport touring blacklisted.

Their pre authorized body shops are not looking out for yours or the insurance company's best interests; just their own.

I used to be insured with them. No problems.

I used to be insured with them. No problems.

Been them since I got motorcycle license. No problems either. When I had my Ninja, my insurance got cheaper every year.

I have my cars and house with them but they won't insure my sportbike, I am still looking for a good rate as I just moved to Ontario and it is really exspensive compared to Alberta!

Had a claim earlier in the year with a vehicle. Was handled quickly and professionally. No complaints.

My bike isn't insured with them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my 2 cars and bike insured with them for awhile now. No complaints but I also haven't had to make a claim. I've changed one car 3 times and the bike once on the policy. Even agreed to cover a Sidekick that was converted to diesel but denied an 80's CBR250R as they class it as a supersport.

I just signed on with them. My company I work for is a preferred client so we get 15%discount. Plus they gave me a little better rate because I added my house. The car insurance is the same as what I was paying with TD. Bike is a couple hundred more for a 1300 sport tourer. The house insurance is $1000 less than what TD was charging. Overall The personal is almost $700 cheaper for everything than what TD was charging me. The rep I dealt was really nice and helpful to deal with. It seems the TD is trying to get rid of insuring bikes as if heard from several people, some of them from my work where TD has jacked up their rates. Some have doubled.

Last edited:
I just signed on with them. My company I work for is a preferred client so we get 15%discount. Plus they gave me a little better rate because I added my house. The car insurance is the same as what I was paying with TD. Bike is a couple hundred more for a 1300 sport tourer. The house insurance is $1000 less than what TD was charging. Overall The personal is almost $700 cheaper for everything than what TD was charging me. The rep I dealt was really nice and helpful to deal with.

I had a similar savings when I switched from TD to The Personal earlier this year.

I had my Diavel insured with them last year ... decent rate, and friendly reps ..... got a big slap in the face when I cancelled my policy early though .... it's pro-rated over the summer months I guess..... I cancelled in August when I sold the bike and went off-road only .... got a final charge that was equivalent to 2 months of premiums ... didn't see that coming, probably somewhere in the "fine print" of the policy ..... never had a claim with them .... choices are limited for big bore Ducati's , and I was just happy to find coverage of any type ...... On the other hand , I now pay $21 per month for 2 off road bikes with Desjardins .....
Cheers, Les

I am with thepersonal for Car insurance (The MRS is insured there)
Bike insurance was crap since I wasn't the main driver of the car we insure.

not to revive an old thread, but just thought that this might be a good place to put the info.
I am insured with the personal for the house, car, my SV1K and my wifes GS450. up until this week, the personal has maintained (3x to me in previous instances) that they NEVER as per copmany policy insure a bike older than 30 yrs old. fine, whatever.

But, for reasons unknown to me, i decided to call just to confirm that they wouldn't insure my 78 CB550. turns out the will, and for a reasonable amount of money. Their limit is 'nothing older than 1970' apparently.

So, The Personal will insure a 3rd bike that happens to be older than 30 years old. I dont know if it is because they have all my other stuff and this is a courtesy (they didnt say it, but i wouldnt be surprised if they did), or their policy has changed, or something else, but at least in a very specific case they make exceptions to the 30 yr rule.

YMMV

... I am insured with the personal for the house, car, my SV1K and my wife's GS450. up until this week, the personal has maintained (3x to me in previous instances) that they NEVER as per company policy insure a bike older than 30 yrs old. fine, whatever.

But, for reasons unknown to me, I decided to call just to confirm that they wouldn't insure my 78 CB550. turns out the will, and for a reasonable amount of money. Their limit is 'nothing older than 1970' apparently...

I did not have a problem with the Personal insuring my '84, but it was just less than 30 years old when they started my policy. I have the car and house with them, and only a single bike. My premium is envious. This is my third time with the Personal.

Still, good to know.

Back
Top Bottom