Foam for LARP weapons source? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Foam for LARP weapons source?

You can just make your own "fake" weapons, and then start beating on people with them?

Yep...with permission...that's what Live Action Role Play is all about. They have real weapons, but can't really hit each other with them too much. lol

I would think you want to use closed cell polyethylene foam ... it's what Nerf uses I believe for most of their 'beat on other kids' stuff. Seems to match the body of the nerf darts scattered around my house. I have ordered a small piece of neoprene I needed from http://canada.foambymail.com/ but don't know the $ relative to other places. never used foam to make weapons though

Jeff

@Riceburner there are a couple foam places behind Vaughan Mills on Edgely iirc

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

My kids were using the hand and a half wooden practice swords from His Majesty's Feast, to beat on each other. But they'd taken fencing lessons up in Richmond Hill, so as to know what to do, and not break ribs. They're made of plywood and have some weight to them, or is realistic looking more important?

Thanks. Any idea what they charge? Exercise mats are about $25-30 for 64"x24" from WalMart or Anti-Fatigue 30x18 Foam Mats from Princess Auto for $5.

Theres a foam place in Scarborough I believe down Bermondsey rd. They sell every density imaginable.

I would tend to use the ensolite closed cell foam rather than some of the exercise/anti fatigue mats, unless there's something better out now.
It was used in hockey shin pads etc.

Does anyone say which type of foam they use for these weapons?

it's for kids to mess around with, so high end foam isn't a necessity.

[video=youtube;5Q1DPtL6iwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1DPtL6iwU[/video]

I remember using sticks to fight with my bro. Kids these days have it easy

Closed cell and wrap with duct tape or double wide electrical tape. Buy some goat tape for grips. If you want to get fancy a lighter to the duct tape in long sweeping motions will help it bond better. I make these all the time for my nephews... It's why I'm the cool uncle.

Home depot and Lowes sells various types of foam for insulation but is not too strong to wield. good for shields and armor etc. Pool noodles are good for lances and swords just need to be cut to shape. Instrucables has a wire foam cutting project I was looking at as well. Adam from Myth Busters is an avid fake weapon maker and as some posted on Youtube. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom