530 chain

abkdt41

Just wondering where everyone buys their chains

Looking for a decent 530 chain

Asked my local dealer but they want $300

So just wondering if there are better places to buy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Okay, I don't remember the rules, so apologies in advance, but ...

DID 530 come in a few different levels. Most expensive looking in the RD catalogue is $279, least expensive in a 530 is $69.

I've had no problems using DID 530 in the Pro VX-ring for under $200 on all of my bikes (CBR600F2, VTR1000F, Honda 919 and 599 Hornet ... and I really like to feel acceleration on my rides, so I whack the $h!+ out of the throttle when I ride) since I started in 2007. I know what i'm buying for the 919 next. ;)

Please change your sprockets also. It's not much more $$$ and it's really best to promote good chain life. I speak from experience with this since my first two bikes needed chains shortly after I bought them. (Shaggy - it wasn't me!) I did sprockets also and sold the first two bikes above with very healthy drivetrain components for their future prospective owners.

Perhaps there is also the possibility than you were being quoted that price which included the sprockets? Just a thought. :)

Royal Distributing had 530 X-Ring chain (better than o-ring) for $164 and starting today is their no tax event! Cant loose. It comes in different colors too :)

I have a new in the package 530 X Ring......I think it's an RK
$130 if you want it

Using an RK 530XS0Z1 on my FJ1100 going into my 4th season with it. From canadasmotorcycle.com

For DIY installation I bought the beefier tool that can be found at Royal. It was a pleasure to use. The one as sold under the Motion Pro name among others is a PITA to use on 530 chains. I wouldn't even borrow one of those again.
Heavy%20chain%20breaker%20kit_zpsjq1gdfc4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom