'15 1200GSA won't start | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

'15 1200GSA won't start

LOL - that's what I was thinking! Had it happen before on a K75 - there was so much urine and poop in there it destroyed the air flow sensor.

Thinking about it. I'm thinking I'll check to see if there's a mouse nest or something in my filter... I've heard of this happening to a couple people.

That would be best and hope BMW will honor warranty

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Have BMW pick it up, ignore all the suggestions of using quick start fluids etc. These bikes start at -30 so something is a miss. BMW Roadside Assistance.

Going to get it towed. I spoke with Roadside Assistance last week to find out if they'd pick it up, and apparently they will send a flatbed by appointment as well. I'll get it towed to the dealer in the next couple days.

Got the bike back last week. They claimed it was bad stabilizer or fuel. Actually I was told initially it was too much stabilizer, which is definetly not the case since I went by the instructions on the bottle and have been doing it for 15+ years.

The bill was $450. Very steep. They had to take the tank off to access and flush the fuel pump as well. I was told that when the fuel was flushed through and replaced, it started. I ended up getting the oil changed as well as the filter, since fuel had contaminated the oil from all the start-up attempts.

Apparently the only error code when plugged in was low battery voltage which showed from the cranking voltage which was expected. I'm not confident it wasn't a greater issue – maybe a software issue. Only time will tell.

Got the bike back last week. They claimed it was bad stabilizer or fuel. Actually I was told initially it was too much stabilizer, which is definetly not the case since I went by the instructions on the bottle and have been doing it for 15+ years.

The bill was $450. Very steep. They had to take the tank off to access and flush the fuel pump as well. I was told that when the fuel was flushed through and replaced, it started. I ended up getting the oil changed as well as the filter, since fuel had contaminated the oil from all the start-up attempts.

Apparently the only error code when plugged in was low battery voltage which showed from the cranking voltage which was expected. I'm not confident it wasn't a greater issue – maybe a software issue. Only time will tell.

$450 for pickup and drop off, and change the oil and drain the tank and filled with new gas ?

$450 for pickup and drop off, and change the oil and drain the tank and filled with new gas ?

Essentially. I'd changed the oil and filter myself at the end of the last season, so there was 0 kms on it. I had to pay $240+tax for the oil change which I'd avoided last year by doing it myself. The rest of it was for diagnostic testing and flushing the fuel. There rate is $125 an hour, and it took them an hour and a half so that's your $450 right there.

The joys of owning a BMW.

The best part is, they overfilled my oil as well when they did the change. They put the full 4 litres in, but there's always left over oil that doesn't get out during the drain... hence why it's overfilled now.

This always was my question - why to change synt oil in car you pay $65. But for bmw it is 4 times more.

I'd never get one of those premium brands again. Even if I had the $$. My experience with them is enough.

I had to pay $240+tax for the oil change

1403.gif

BTW it is to recalls for 1200gsa - software update and some "update thread fastener voltage regulator"
Did they also did it?

Back
Top Bottom