Home Depot Interview | GTAMotorcycle.com

Home Depot Interview

pbains

Hey guys,

I have an interview at Home Depot in Vaughan for the hardware department. Anyone here know what I can expect, any help would be nice.

Hey guys,

I have an interview at Home Depot in Vaughan for the hardware department. Anyone here know what I can expect, any help would be nice.
What do you wanna know? I worked at Home Depot for a few years a long time ago.
I would push you're customer service oriented. And maybe some details of some experience you may have. I shop there sometimes. If you smile, you're ahead of half of their current employees. Oh. And don't say "bro" in your interview.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Thank you kind sir, I think the last tip will help me a lot. I do have Walmart experience and Wind mobile experience so hopefully it goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pm me if it doesn't work out. We're interviewing.

Which location if you don't mind me asking, I still go to school so I'll need a part-time position.
Not home depot. We have summer positions as long as you're over 18.

If you don't know the difference between a reciprocating saw and a jigsaw, don't bother learning it. You're perfect for the job.

If you don't know the difference between a reciprocating saw and a jigsaw, don't bother learning it. You're perfect for the job.

Bonus points if you can accept an item for return while making it sound like you're blaming the customer because the blades don't fit the saw they're supposed to fit.

Go to the home depots in Richmond hill and ask for help. Whatever they do/say do the opposite in the interview.

Please do not wear running shoes to an interview.
True story, saw this young guy wearing baggy jeans and running shoes, not the clean whites ones...some that look like they came from Captain America's closet.

Be prepared for several interviews. A few years ago a friend of mine went to at least three interviews with increasingly more senior management before he was eventually told sorry, you're not what we are looking for.

Good luck.

Please do not wear running shoes to an interview.
True story, saw this young guy wearing baggy jeans and running shoes, not the clean whites ones...some that look like they came from Captain America's closet.
Wear work boots. Dress for the job you want.

Don't bring a bottle of wine in brown LCBO bag.

Don't bring a bottle of wine in brown LCBO bag.
Now that's some good advice! ?

Really? this is interesting. I would think a nice pair of pants, dress shoes and a well ironed shirt would be the ticket for a retail position.
Wear work boots. Dress for the job you want.

Really? this is interesting. I would think a nice pair of pants, dress shoes and a well ironed shirt would be the ticket for a retail position.
I agree with you 100%. But if the choice is to wear jeans and runners, I pick jeans and work boots, in this case. When HD first opened up, they were trying to get the electricians, plumbers etc. to work there on the side. Those guys came in for interviews right off the jobsite. Imo, it's a fine line of retail. Kind of a bridge between, I don't know, say a Costco or a Canadian Tire, and a job site. I just think that it would not be looked down upon, as it would in other retail. Like, don't show up at the Gap like that.

The old guy in the plumbing section of the Major Mac Lowes is a good go-to guy for plumbing help.

I'd second Joe's advice for shirt / jeans / safety boots for an interview there.

Can you lift heavy items? Work on your feet for an 8-hr shift? Available for weekend/long-weekend shifts?

Not sure if a fork-lift course would also help.

I agree with you 100%. But if the choice is to wear jeans and runners, I pick jeans and work boots, in this case.
I see what you mean now.

Back
Top Bottom