Road conditions - Northern Roads 2016 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Road conditions - Northern Roads 2016

Was on Southwood Rd yesterday (in a work car) and it's not ready yet. Sand all over the place, really bad in some of the corners. Would advise against it for now.

I just rode up Southwood. It's decent. There is some sand in corners south of the Barrens.

Update on Elephant Lake Road and others..

Went for a good long ride yesterday.. Update on the following roads:

The following Roads are all in Good/excellent condition:

648 from Tory Hill -> Wilberforce ->
10 (elephant Lake Road) -> Manooth..
523 (Madawaska Rd) -> Madawaska..
Hwy 60 -> Barrys Bay..
Hwy 62 -> Combermere..
Hwy 517 -> 62..
Hwy 62 -> Bancroft..
Hwy 28 -> Lower Faraday Rd

Lower Faraday Rd has new seal, but its been swept. Great ride..
to Coe Hill then on Hwy 504, Hwy 46, , 47, 44 back to Hwy 6 All Good.

Re: Update on Elephant Lake Road and others..

Yup they're all good, all of them. From the 520 down to Southwood over to the 511 including Calabogie and into Quebec.

Rode them all in the last 10 days.

But (Kiwi) we're on Spyders!! I did comment in your Spyder thread in the General Discussion.

Re: Update on Elephant Lake Road and others..

Yup they're all good, all of them. From the 520 down to Southwood over to the 511 including Calabogie and into Quebec.

Rode them all in the last 10 days.

But (Kiwi) we're on Spyders!! I did comment in your Spyder thread in the General Discussion.
Thanks for the update. The spyder thread was really about how many we spotted in one day. A few years ago those things were not very common.

Update. Did most of these roads recently. All good

The 503 was torn up for construction immediately east of the 507 for several KM when I went through there on Sunday. It can be bypassed by going up 3 and across the 118.

The 503 was torn up for construction immediately east of the 507 for several KM when I went through there on Sunday. It can be bypassed by going up 3 and across the 118.

thanks for the heads up

118 has new asphalt, no? Just the West end

118 has new asphalt, no? Just the West end
Rode the length of 118 yesterday: don't recall where new, but in very good shape end to end.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Rode the length of 118 yesterday: don't recall where new, but in very good shape end to end.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Cool...thinking of hitting the 507 today or tomorrow and taking 3 to 118 into Haliburton afterwards. Good to know any roadwork is done.

Cool...thinking of hitting the 507 today or tomorrow and taking 3 to 118 into Haliburton afterwards. Good to know any roadwork is done.
Correction: I did not do the west part of it. Just checked and I joined east of Hwy 11.

Correction: I did not do the west part of it. Just checked and I joined east of Hwy 11.
Yeah was West of 11 if I recall correctly. There was no markings on the pavement too

North on 11 is not too bad. Mostly patches and no gravel from repairs that I noticed (in the cage). But there are quite a few stretches on 11 south of grooved pavement.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Yeah was West of 11 if I recall correctly. There was no markings on the pavement too

Did a ton of roads on Saturday (500+ km) from 507 across to Huntsvile then Southwood Rd and back down.. All in great shape. A bit higher traffic volume I guess because of the long weekend. Dang, I can't believe the number of Porsche and Audi's I spotted near Huntsville. Definitely different class of "cottage" people that way.

Southwood was in good shape

Still haven't been on Upper Big Chute yet, so don't know.

I was on Kennisis Lake Rd today and the southern 10k is nice and the rest is getting road work or something cuz they put down a bunch of sand and gravel. Kushog Lake Rd was amazing.

I was up on Upper Big Chute yesterday, there is still about 2 kms that is torn up and down to a single lane. The rest is fine. I went eastbound from the 400.

Took the day off today and went for an impromptu Fall Colours ride after seeing the lovely weather forecast and the foliage being at their peak according to the Algonquin site.
Roads were mostly clear other than a few spots of sand on Southwood and some sections of gravel due to drainage/construction work on Peninsula Rd.
Timing could not have been better, the temps were perfect and the colours were phenomenal and vibrant.
Glad to have gotten out before the leaves start falling, making for sketchier cornering.

My route:
Part 1: https://goo.gl/maps/B64xJ5wpNtJ2
Part 2: https://goo.gl/maps/SghCKYt4tiA2

Cheers and ride safe

Back
Top Bottom