Forks of the credit closure | GTAMotorcycle.com

Forks of the credit closure

john117

Hey,

Went riding to the forks yesterday and found out that the stretch from Belfountain Inn to Mississauga road is closed until May 15th.

Attachments

• closure.jpg
    closure.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 133
There was bridge construction over the winter causing intermittent closures. They must be finishing it off.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

After reading this thread, yesterday I went to this road. I almost shat myself. Must have rode it 20 times back and forth. Amazing! Best time I've had on my bike so far. That double hairpin is a little scary if you don't carry enough speed lol!

After reading this thread, yesterday I went to this road. I almost shat myself. Must have rode it 20 times back and forth. Amazing! Best time I've had on my bike so far. That double hairpin is a little scary if you don't carry enough speed lol!

trying to work out if you're being serious or not? ;-)

Why dont you head head EAST from Keswick. Tons of better roads and less traffic out that way.

trying to work out if you're being serious or not? ;-)

Why dont you head head EAST from Keswick. Tons of better roads and less traffic out that way.
East of me is just straight backroads covered in sand. Nothing twisty or fun about them. When I went to the forks I took highway 9 west then 10 south. No traffic I was doing 100+ the whole time. Any suggestions for something east/north of me?

Foxfire chase is much closer, locals won't appreciate your visit though.

Where's the road where Jamie M mounted the SUV? It's in the east somewhere too IIRC.

East of me is just straight backroads covered in sand. Nothing twisty or fun about them. When I went to the forks I took highway 9 west then 10 south. No traffic I was doing 100+ the whole time. Any suggestions for something east/north of me?

See map below.. head east to Port Parry then north to Lindsay, then back again. Lots of non-straight roads. Pull up Google Maps and plot a route. You can plan different routes. I have made a small collection of "loops" I ride over the years depending on how much time I have. I did a ride last year with a couple of riders from GTAM and they were amazed how there were some non-straight and scenic roads not too far away. Traffic can be an issue depending on the time of day etc.. but you get that everywhere.

2c9577913a80b3b0bcdaec5b0da8a441.jpg

see this thread...
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...-Official-2015-Durham-Region-Rides-Page/page6

Careful. Lots of cops in the area, you're gonna get dinged doing those speeds.

If you're in Keswick, try the roads in Muskoka...

You'll look back and laugh at the forks.

Then when you go to roads even more north of that, you'll laugh at Muskoka roads.

Then when you go on roads that are out of the province you'll laugh at the province's roads.

You should look at a map before you head out. You came across hwy 9 to hwy 10 and were less than 5 minutes away from another good road. If you retraced your route back you should have ridden 5 minutes north of hwy 9 and taken Hockley Valley Road east over to hwy 50.

BTW, watch your speed on hwys 9 and 10. Both are heavily patrolled by the OPP, even on weekdays, trust me on this.

See map below.. head east to Port Parry then north to Lindsay, then back again. Lots of non-straight roads. Pull up Google Maps and plot a route. You can plan different routes. I have made a small collection of "loops" I ride over the years depending on how much time I have. I did a ride last year with a couple of riders from GTAM and they were amazed how there were some non-straight and scenic roads not too far away. Traffic can be an issue depending on the time of day etc.. but you get that everywhere.

2c9577913a80b3b0bcdaec5b0da8a441.jpg

see this thread...
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...-Official-2015-Durham-Region-Rides-Page/page6

Hey,

Is that route doable in a single day?

Hey,

no problem at all (I haven't done it, but it looks like ~3 to 4 hours). You could probably do it two or three times if you wanted (although it makes more sense just to stay up north if you want to add some distance).

Last edited:

You should go pay Hockley road a visit, its only a short ride away from forks, be careful of cops on both forks/hockley though.

Try Southwood rd, it's just north of Orillia. But it probably has sand all over now so wait a few months. Or you can go east and try hwy 507. Those two are probably the closest decent roads to you.

Hey,

for sure. 4hrs or so. Depends on how long your breaks are . A route similar to this is my short route. lol.

If I have a full day, a ride up and beyond Barrys Bay is great

Careful. Lots of cops in the area, you're gonna get dinged doing those speeds.

If you're in Keswick, try the roads in Muskoka...

You'll look back and laugh at the forks.

Then when you go to roads even more north of that, you'll laugh at Muskoka roads.

Then when you go on roads that are out of the province you'll laugh at the province's roads.

:lmao: Exactly... But that's where I go too.. North.. forget all the Toronto area stuff.. TONS of other bikers up there too..

How's that bridge coming along? I'd like to strafe downtown Belfountain on Queen Victoria's birthday if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom