Bmw g310r | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bmw g310r

supernova12034

Anyone ridden it? How is it? Good beginner bike? (Stance looks standard)

How are BMW bikes in general? Are they like KTM? (in the sense have a bad rep for repair/maintenance/issues?)

thanks

This is a brand new model so it's hard to tell about reliability. Yes it is definitely a good beginner bike. My wife is shopping for a new bike and was looking at a BMW, so I checked into a few things. What I found that I didn't like: Parts, only really available at BMW. Price of said parts, they wanted $68 for what should be a $20 clutch lever. Not in. Ymmv
Having said that, I can't speak to the reliability of BMW in general. I have never owned one.
Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

6ac78b110c4019953c3ac8d2892b6e21.jpg

Honda CB300F

Chances are you'll outgrow and will want to upgrade

You can buy a premium brand once you know what you like

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6ac78b110c4019953c3ac8d2892b6e21.jpg

Honda CB300F

Chances are you'll outgrow and will want to upgrade

You can buy a premium brand once you know what you like

What a crock!

How do you know if he will want to upgrade?

My r3 is the perfect size for the street, and is fun and handles like a dream. "Out growing" a bike is what people tell themselves when all they should say is "I want more roll on power, because I cant use a gear box"

What a crock!

My r3 is the perfect size for the street, and is fun and handles like a dream. "Out growing" a bike is what people tell themselves when all they should say is "I want more roll on power, because I cant use a gear box"
Oooooookayyyyy

Was just sharing my opinion

I wrote "chances are"

And i recommended another 300 naked bike

Oooooookayyyyy

Was just sharing my opinion

I wrote "chances are"

And i recommended another 300 naked bike

I agree, "chances are" he will want an upgrade. Statistics say he will want it in 3 months. Lol

I agree, "chances are" he will want an upgrade. Statistics say he will want it in 3 months. Lol

...and one day I will buy someone's 300 at a discount and use it as my daily ride.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Through miraculous happenstance, we live in a capitalist democracy that gives us the power of choice, which some GTAMers seem to hate. Whether it be better suspension, rider comfort, more accessories, luggage capacity or the thrill of acceleration, there are many reasons to upgrade. None of us should judge people's desire for red communist 300cc beginner bikes, nor their buzzy manners. When those same people attempt to insult our desire for better rides and lives, they must be condemned, IMO. Free thought, free speech, free markets.#inrebrules

I have owned 3 BMW's (on my third now) and they have been virtually problem free. I had to replace the clutch on my first that was premature, but it was a used bike so could be a bad rider before that beat it up.

I bought a new one last year (2015 GSA) and so far so good, not expecting anything major, the GS model has been solid for me in the 3 generations I have owned ('06 GS, '10 GSA & '15 GSA). Service has always been good, drop my bike of and pick it up the next day, getting a loaner is a big plus as well. I don't think you can go wrong with a new BMW, no model is having catastrophic failure or is constantly breaking down. Sure you will read about issues now and then, but every bike has them. On that note, you can't go wrong with the Honda either, they are known for rock solid reliability. I know ABS is standard with BMW, I am assuming the Honda has it as well, if it did not I would say go for the BMW just on the ABS alone.

BMW is a German outfit. They pay excellent wages and benefits. Germany is accepting millions of migrants and bailing out other EU countries. That's why this thing only has 1 cylinder and triple $ clutch lever.

" None of us should judge people's desire for red communist 300cc beginner bikes, nor their buzzy manners."

I didn't know India (where they are made) was a communist country ?

What a crock!

Just because you are content on your 300 doesn't mean other people won't want a real bike. The OP could be 6'5 and 250lbs for all you know, would you still recommend an R3 then? I've ridden them and at 6'1 205 it's cramped and wouldn't be comfortable long term. Maybe you're a small person so it's good enough for you.

Just because you are content on your 300 doesn't mean other people won't want a real bike. The OP could be 6'5 and 250lbs for all you know, would you still recommend an R3 then? I've ridden them and at 6'1 205 it's cramped and wouldn't be comfortable long term. Maybe you're a small person so it's good enough for you.

Lol small person! Why thank you.

I'm actually 6'1 245lbs.

" None of us should judge people's desire for red communist 300cc beginner bikes, nor their buzzy manners."

I didn't know India (where they are made) was a communist country ?

Oh, he probably meant communist red. It's a hue. Same shade as Porsche guards red. Coincidence? Ya, if you spell it conspiracy. I think it's in fashism now.

BMW is a German outfit. They pay excellent wages and benefits. Germany is accepting millions of migrants and bailing out other EU countries. That's why this thing only has 1 cylinder and triple $ clutch lever.

Maybe don't buy a BMW clutch lever?

Never had to replace one on any bike I have ever owned.

Maybe don't buy a BMW clutch lever?

Never had to replace one on any bike I have ever owned.

That was for demonstration purposes only. I revamped my R100GS this winter if you want to discuss BMW parts prices.

Oh then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Weak suspension especially. I'm assuming you have your shock preload on max?

Racetechs and emulators up front, and stock rear set on the 5th of 7 settings.

Its brand new so the rear hasnt had time to soften badly yet. When that happens ill throw an elka unit in there.

Back
Top Bottom