DIY cam chain tensioner gasket? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

DIY cam chain tensioner gasket?

You have "trust issues" with the applicator, not the application.

Silicone sealant could be used successfully in this instance. The oil is not under any pressure here. Clean up the mating surfaces, a small (2mm diameter) bead of sealant, and install... you're done.
If the motor has a oxygen sensor only use RTV silicone.
There are lots of motors out there that only have a head gasket, everything else is sealed with silicone.

If you want to make a paper gasket; any auto parts store or Crappy Tire sells gasket paper.
If you use a paper gasket be sure to use a sealant on it.... like silicone.

+1 I come across a lot of bikes that don't use paper gaskets and are sealed with silicone on a lot of the engine covers. If a manufacturer things silicone is good enough for a large clutch cover, Im sure it will be fine on much smaller things like a CCT

I am also seeing a lot of modern paper gaskets now come with beads of silicone applied to them already from the manufacturer
like so
s-l300.jpg

I always buy a gasket when I can, but many times Ive had to use silicone

Last edited:
Anyone know about the volvo anaerobic sealant? I Read some threads a while ago about it being all the rage... even better than 515.

+1 I come across a lot of bikes that don't use paper gaskets and are sealed with silicone on a lot of the engine covers. If a manufacturer things silicone is good enough for a large clutch cover, Im sure it will be fine on much smaller things like a CCT

I am also seeing a lot of modern paper gaskets now come with beads of silicone applied to them already from the manufacturer
like so
s-l300.jpg

I always buy a gasket when I can, but many times Ive had to use silicone

Yah,but you know when too much is there.A lot of backyard techs think that more is better.Lol.

Back
Top Bottom