Request to borrow/buy Motion Pro .006" bent feeler gauge | GTAMotorcycle.com

Request to borrow/buy Motion Pro .006" bent feeler gauge

regder

Site Supporter
It's Motion Pro part #08-0054, but apparently it's not available through the Canadian distributors (as per two shops). I can make one if I have to, but would prefer to just buy one or borrow one if someone has it.

If you can point me to an available similar feeler gauge (stiff handle, short tip) that would be appreciated as well.

Just go to princess auto, you can get an entire set for $5

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Amazon.ca and Ebay has them but they're not cheap and you'll be waiting a couple weeks for delivery.

Tried Winner's Circle?
905 475 2552

... but why do want to pay $35 for one leaf when you can a set of 32 for a fraction of the price?

Princess Auto only has the leaf ones (at least from their website), I'm looking for something more specific, like this

31b30gPeMfL.jpg

I don't think a leaf style would work too well for this application

13966258-M.jpg

Attachments

• 13966258-M.jpg
    13966258-M.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
Tried Winner's Circle?
905 475 2552

... but why do want to pay $35 for one leaf when you can a set of 32 for a fraction of the price?

Holy crap, how have I never heard of Winner's Circle before?

They have the one I need, $9

Thanks bitzz!!!

I never found an offset metric feeler gauge locally.

On the same engine I bought a cheap set and bent the one I needed. Due to clearance issues it gets pretty mangled so I treated it as a disposable tool.

Make sure you have an offset wrench to tighten the nut while you hold the screw in place. It can get very frustrating to get it right if you adjust it and you use a socket to tighten it, because it will move the valve.

Sent from my clear iPhone 31SS

I never found an offset metric feeler gauge locally.

On the same engine I bought a cheap set and bent the one I needed. Due to clearance issues it gets pretty mangled so I treated it as a disposable tool.

Make sure you have an offset wrench to tighten the nut while you hold the screw in place. It can get very frustrating to get it right if you adjust it and you use a socket to tighten it, because it will move the valve.

Or use through sockets and keep the screwdriver in the screw to hold it in place.

Similar to these:
1422069.jpg

Through sockets aren't required often, but they can save the day when they are (long through bolts, strut bolts, etc). It looks like most of the brands come out of the same factory and can be driven with a 3/4" socket if you want to power them.

Winner's Circle had the feeler gauge, $5 flat, wish I knew that place existed before. Also thanks for the heads up on the offset wrench/through sockets.

Tore it apart yesterday to reseal the rocker cover to find that the cover was missing one bolt, so I put a hold on it. Will continue tonight to see what the next problem is (any bets on rocker arm bearings?)

Also any tips finding TDCC on the LC4?

TDCC poke something through the spark plug hole. Watch the valves.

Do your rocker rollers before 20K, they will seize.

Rocker bearings checked ok so I left them as is. Sealed the cover back up, now to just hope and pray it doesn't leak anymore.

TDCC took me a minute to find, where I was scratching my head for 30 minutes the day before, guess there's something about fresh eyes.

That MotionPro gauge worked beautifully, $5 very well spent.

Rocker bearings checked ok so I left them as is. Sealed the cover back up, now to just hope and pray it doesn't leak anymore.

TDCC took me a minute to find, where I was scratching my head for 30 minutes the day before, guess there's something about fresh eyes.

That MotionPro gauge worked beautifully, $5 very well spent.

I am curious how do you check them?

It's an easy job to replace them, and cheap. Mine actually spilled all the rollers in the engine when it seized, and damaged my camshaft and rocker. That was expensive. The kick in the nuts was that I was going to replace the rollers that weekend.

I miss the SMC :(

I am curious how do you check them?(

Nothing terribly scientific, no visual markings on the cam or bearings, reasonable amount of play in the bearings.

I'll probably change them over the winter if they don't blow up before then.

daught, so I have to dig in there again as I have now discovered the cylinder base gasket is leaking (serenity now, serenity now, serenity now). May tackle the bearings at the same time for peace of mind. Did you use the KTM bearings?

Back
Top Bottom