Is the Government (Liberals) hurting kids? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is the Government (Liberals) hurting kids?

The amazing part to me is the rise of autism/add and similar health issues in people today vs. 30 years ago.

30 years ago it was odd to hear about someone with ADD/ADHD/Autism etc. Today it seems to be the norm where almost everyone knows someone affected. So much of the media and buzz is fixated on the symptoms, but not the root cause.

Call me a nutter, but I think it has a lot to do with food and diet (and the lack there of) in today's general population. This isn't necessarily associated with the ones named above, but I mean it in a grander sense.

But don't you recall kids 'back in the day' that seemed a bit off / uncomfortable at school? I'm in my late 40s, and I can certainly think of a few kids back then that would tick the boxes of an austism/aspergers diagnosis.

But don't you recall kids 'back in the day' that seemed a bit off / uncomfortable at school? I'm in my late 40s, and I can certainly think of a few kids back then that would tick the boxes of an austism/aspergers diagnosis.

Most classes had at least one weirdo. Some didn't have any.

Also, in the event that no one is worth voting for, what can be done to call a 'do-over' ? or 'we don't like any of the choices, give us new choices'?

ohhh, well, see that's when idiots start "strategic voting", whereby they all *want* to support the underdog (NDP) because they make the most sense, but "their vote might not count" so they strategically vote for the next likely party to win, and we're right back to bipartisan politics...wtf

100%. But I'm noticing a significant increase in those with allergies and other issues; particularly in children.

Getting off topic, but follow the rise of companies like Monsanto that have been pushing genetically modified foods to the masses. This has happened over a the last few decades and health officials are kept silent due to the deep pockets lobbying efforts by companies such as Monsanto and Sygenta

Back then, kids were daydreaming, instigating, or goofing off, being sent to sit in the hall, given the strap, or stand in the corner to straighten them out.

The amazing part to me is the rise of autism/add and similar health issues in people today vs. 30 years ago.

30 years ago it was odd to hear about someone with ADD/ADHD/Autism etc. Today it seems to be the norm where almost everyone knows someone affected. So much of the media and buzz is fixated on the symptoms, but not the root cause.

Call me a nutter, but I think it has a lot to do with food and diet (and the lack there of) in today's general population. This isn't necessarily associated with the ones named above, but I mean it in a grander sense.

Also the average age of parents having first child is rising. The risk of autism increases with age.

Don't forget the general stress of life. Back in the days of protectionism you could have a job for life. Now it's contracts and competing with third world countries. All while having to wear designer tee shirts so you fit in. Shopping is 24/7 and if the kids have part time jobs the family may never have a meal together for months.

100%. But I'm noticing a significant increase in those with allergies and other issues; particularly in children.

I personally believe this is partly because kids are not allowed to be kids anymore. You rarely see kids playing in the dirt, handling icky bugs or goo-covered rocks and stones and generally mucking about. They live in an anti-septic world: anti-bacterial soaps, detergents, hand-cleaners around every corner, mom going nuts with the Lysol around the house, every eating utensil is basically autoclaved before use. Their parents (and particularly, their mothers) likely lived this way before they were conceived and certainly during gestation. As a result, kids have immune systems that are completely unprepared for anything. As soon as Timmy has the sniffles we go crazy with antibiotics (even when the cause is viral...) instead of just letting his immune system learn and adapt and strengthen as a result.

Some studies have suggested that early exposure to peanuts can reduce the chances of an allergy forming later. However, we're so paranoid as a society now that we never bring our toddlers close to the stuff and as a result, they're more likely to develop this issue later.

I gave the peanut thing some thought and the one common factor I see are the immunization injections these kids get today.
It used to be 3 now they are up to 6 or something. The schools do NOT tell you that you can opt out, they send you notices that they will suspend your kid (the CityTv weather lady got such notice because her daughter got a shot 4 days before her birthday and it was just before the year they want to see it in).

A kid in BC and a kid in NFLD have that in common, they have different environments. You can give them both the same peanut and they have a reaction.
So, what is the one common factor for the kids.

As for the previous comment where do we draw the line for spending and who do we cover etc...
Let's put it this way. If we as a country have money to buy BILLION $$$ fighter jets (who are we fighting) then we have money to treat ALL children at ALL times.

Until we run out of money for bullets and bombs, then we can look at the kids piggy banks.

Parents need to stop making the govt draw the line or you and the parents need to start drawing the line for the govt.

Sorry just got 600,000 Metis and non Status natives approved that are now under the federal umbrella. No cash for kids this year, the aboriginals are on it.

Sorry just got 600,000 Metis and non Status natives approved that are now under the federal umbrella. No cash for kids this year, the aboriginals are on it.

It was a mild winter. Just raise hydro rates.

I have nothing against autism or other stuff. We are our brothers keeper. If I could afford it, I would prefer to pay 100% tax plus handling surcharge to be financially engaged in other peoples lives.

Well if you consider 30% income tax, 4-10% tarriffs and duty on many product, 13% GST, add it up and your 50% + on your spending power. With Justins spending power and the Wynn show handing out a billion dollar bonus for NOT building a project, you should get your wish of 100% shortly.

Financially invested in your nieghbors business is the best, especially if they have a hot tub you can share. Or its on a reservation. I cant help myself.

Back
Top Bottom