Looking for help buying my first bike (dualsport/supermoto) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for help buying my first bike (dualsport/supermoto)

SNIFFLES

So I've been looking to buy a used supermoto or dualsport as my first bike. every time i find a deal it takes me too long to recognize and the bike is gone before I can get to it. Seems most of these kinda bikes are up north quite a ways. I just signed up for this forum so if I posted this in the wrong place please let me know.

1) is anyone willing to check bike(s) out with me? I can pay you for your time and possible haggling skills.

2) are you looking to sell a supermoto/dualsport? just looking for a fair deal. I'm mostly looking for a wr250x for supermoto or a crf250L for dualsport, but im interested in anything 250-450CC

Im looking to spend about 4-6K on the bike. I'm new to bikes so I'm not looking for a fixer upper
Also still looking for some boots, size 10.5ish
I live in KW area, willing to drive anywhere in a 4 hour radius with my trailer to pickup though

You just have to keep seething. I found this one last night after weeks of searching. I dropped what I was doing, and drove 2 hours to buy it.

Edit: Don't know how to post pics from my phone. But i bought an 07 DR-Z 400SM for $3900.

Last edited:
you just have to sit on kijiji all day, every day and act on it if you see a good price.

This is so true

Sometimes I'll see an ad posted just a few hours ago

Contact the seller and the bike is gone

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You just have to keep seething. I found this one last night after weeks of searching. I dropped what I was doing, and drove 2 hours to buy it.

Edit: Don't know how to post pics from my phone. But i bought an 07 DR-Z 400SM for $3900.
Here it is
e95b953977c3534da9144b4ce00acb7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Whenever I've post an ad on kijiji and it sells fast, I kick myself (mentally) for having too low a price.

Whenever I've post an ad on kijiji and it sells fast, I kick myself (mentally) for having too low a price.

I always list high. There will be rediculous lowballers that I simply ignore, and the reasonable people will come look and negotiate fairly to a price you'll likely be happy with in the end.

I ended up getting a 2009 wr250x with 9000km. wanted it over the drz400sm for the insurance savings of about $250 a year. really happy with bike so far :) came stock though, so I have to do something about this rear fender

I ended up getting a 2009 wr250x with 9000km. wanted it over the drz400sm for the insurance savings of about $250 a year. really happy with bike so far :) came stock though, so I have to do something about this rear fender
How much if you don't mind

And share some pics

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Good choice. The DRZ may have a bit more power, but the yammy is a much better bike overall.

Back
Top Bottom