Riding Buddies in Durham? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Buddies in Durham?

Lorenn_x

Hey!

It's my first season of riding, it's warming up (so excited), and I'm looking for someone around my age to ride regularly with. Maybe 1-2 people.

I'm in Oshawa, but don't mind if you're a few cities away. I'm 21, female, and my bike is a Ninja 300. Love cars too so maybe we can be car friends when the weather isn't good enough to take the bikes out. :)

I ride as often as possible when I'm not working, weather being the only thing holding me back. If you don't mind that I'm a new rider (about 1100km, fine w/ highway, still some horrible take offs), let me know! Don't have a Bluetooth comm yet, but planning to get one in the future!

**Must be okay riding beside someone with a teddy bear backpack. :)

4d1ad90e970b9c6d4671b1cd85550541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4686140-stampede.gif

Welcome. Not exactly what you are looking for, but when you are ready to join a larger group look into TTSR on MeetUp...most are in the Durham or surrounding area:

http://www.meetup.com/Sportbike-Riders/

(fyi there is normally a slower 'newbie' ride that happens most weekends out of Pickering/Ajax). The backpack is acceptable...but you might need to work on your take-offs first ;) lol

Welcome. Not exactly what you are looking for, but when you are ready to join a larger group look into TTSR on MeetUp...most are in the Durham or surrounding area:

http://www.meetup.com/Sportbike-Riders/

(fyi there is normally a slower 'newbie' ride that happens most weekends out of Pickering/Ajax). The backpack is acceptable...but you might need to work on your take-offs first ;) lol

Thanks for the link! I'll look into joining one of those rides. Regarding the take offs.. I never stall, just a little slow and make so much noise haha. :)

Thanks for the link! I'll look into joining one of those rides. Regarding the take offs.. I never stall, just a little slow and make so much noise haha. :)
Adjust your clutch to engage closer to the grip (earlier), meaning that the engagement point is too far and you are waiting all the way to when your fingers are almost fully open to start going.

If you change this you will become better right away and your take offs will improve and it will be safer. If you don't know what I am talking about bring it to a garage or I am in Pickering and be happy to adjust it for you, takes a second. This is the first thing I do to all my new rider friends.

Adjust your clutch to engage closer to the grip (earlier), meaning that the engagement point is too far and you are waiting all the way to when your fingers are almost fully open to start going.

If you change this you will become better right away and your take offs will improve and it will be safer. If you don't know what I am talking about bring it to a garage or I am in Pickering and be happy to adjust it for you, takes a second. This is the first thing I do to all my new rider friends.

Thank you!! I actually just bought adjustable shorty levers (although I know how to adjust the stock ones aswell). The only thing that's making me hesitate is changing the setting and not being able to find where I had it before (or basically, making something worse).

But that's pretty much the problem. By the time I'm about to let the clutch out completely, my fingers are stretched to their furthest point. I usually let go too quick because of it and lurch a bit.

Yea it happens to everyone, they come from factory like that, I will guaranty that if you adjust the engagement point you will immediately be so much better. It is unsafe at a traffic light to take so long to go so get that done right away.

Shorty levers will help you with comfort but you still need to adjust the engagement point with the adjusters on the clutch cable.

Basically within an inch as you start opening your hand you should feel the bike starting to go. It will also save your clutch from been over used or burned faster.

Thank you!! I actually just bought adjustable shorty levers (although I know how to adjust the stock ones aswell). The only thing that's making me hesitate is changing the setting and not being able to find where I had it before (or basically, making something worse).

But that's pretty much the problem. By the time I'm about to let the clutch out completely, my fingers are stretched to their furthest point. I usually let go too quick because of it and lurch a bit.

Last edited:
Who's riding tmrw? I'm free at noon, i was thinking around Omemee and Bethany.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom