Yamaha FZ-10 Details released today, April 12. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha FZ-10 Details released today, April 12.

Having owned my share of Slutzukis they are cheaper for a reason. Total bottom feeder company. They have the same electrical faults from the seventies ( rectifiers/stators) that strand you. Will not buy one again ( used).

The Fz-10 is a blatant rip off of the S1000R genre and about the same in price, the BMW will prove to be better as the ABS/electronics is far ahead of Yamaha. BMW has dynamic suspension as well.

Let's wait for the tests to confirm this summer...

BB

Regulator/rectifier/stator problems seem pretty common regardless of manufacturer. Top shelf brands are fine, if you have the wallet, so keep on churning them out, Suzuki. Owned two beat up Zooks so far, no strandings yet.

Also, the S1000RR was based off the GSXR1000 to begin with, according to scuttlebutt. So BMW does it's share of copying too. Remember all they offered for years were quirky boxers and singles--all with generous engineering bugs/features. The S1000R "genre" is a naked(ish) sport bike. Which was created by riders squidding cheap Suzukis, looking at the messy plastics, yanking the fairings and getting back to business. None of the brands could design a nice looking bike to save their lives, but that's a separate problem.

Regulator/rectifier/stator problems seem pretty common regardless of manufacturer. Top shelf brands are fine, if you have the wallet, so keep on churning them out, Suzuki. Owned two beat up Zooks so far, no strandings yet.

Also, the S1000RR was based off the GSXR1000 to begin with, according to scuttlebutt. So BMW does it's share of copying too. Remember all they offered for years were quirky boxers and singles--all with generous engineering bugs/features. The S1000R "genre" is a naked(ish) sport bike. Which was created by riders squidding cheap Suzukis, looking at the messy plastics, yanking the fairings and getting back to business. None of the brands could design a nice looking bike to save their lives, but that's a separate problem.

S1000RR is so far ahead in electronic rider aids and hp there is not much of a discussion, that was BMW first attempt at inline 4.

The race ABS in the RR is light years ahead of the competition since they invented motorcycle ABS 25 years ago and have the best race ABS currently in production.

Kawy does not have rectifier electrical faults, nor does Honda.

BB

looks like the Z1000

kawasaki-z1000-1089576-TwoByOne.jpg

Me likey :)

What would it really take to convert a ZX10r to this style?
Remove fairings, get some headlights or try to retrofit this nose...different bars...good to go?

Or just get the Z1000?

Or just get the Z1000?
Yes of course however I was thinking of using what I already have or could get cheap.
But then again at the end of the day, insurance will likely be higher for a type R bike.

Back
Top Bottom