FZ 07, FZ 09, or FZ 10? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ 07, FZ 09, or FZ 10?

Street triple would be my pick
But from your FL choices I would start making a pros/cons list on a spreadsheet. Maybe easier to compare.
Such an ugly bike.... so ugly

I thought bikes used oil. You must have a spacial idition model.
How will you verify the forever part?

I know you're being a smart mouth but the FZ line have always been solid bikes.

Have you guys looked into the new GSX-S1000A and GSX-S1000FA??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

After my test rides, I actually prefer the GSX 1000A over the FZ10. It's a heck of a lot smoother delivery, and felt much lighter!

After my test rides, I actually prefer the GSX 1000A over the FZ10. It's a heck of a lot smoother delivery, and felt much lighter!

That's a nice looking machine! I'll have to test ride one of these at the ride day up here. Is there much difference in the seating position or were they identical?

I do like the look of the new FZ 10 though... Getting tough to make a decision on what new bike to get for myself as well.

Just keep the fantasies to yourself from now on.

Got it. Homophobic internet tough guy right here.

I'll be passing through Kingston area this summer doing some sales calls and doing some riding. Any suggestions on what are good areas to check out?

Got it. Homophobic internet tough guy right here.

I'll be passing through Kingston area this summer doing some sales calls and doing some riding. Any suggestions on what are good areas to check out?

You should stay in Barrie.

That's a nice looking machine! I'll have to test ride one of these at the ride day up here. Is there much difference in the seating position or were they identical?

I do like the look of the new FZ 10 though... Getting tough to make a decision on what new bike to get for myself as well.

Didn't really notice to be honest. The tank of the Suzuki was thinner though, and the bike just felt more comfortable to ride.

You must be lonely.

Damn! You found out my secret! My only purpose in life is to go online and get gratification from others. If I don't I fear I'll end up sad, alone and in my parents basement. This is why I try and be liked by all the Internet cool kids. I mean, if they can all love in their mom's basement and be a tough guy. Why can't I do the same, right?

In truth I really look up to you as a mentor, my north star, my sweet baby Jesus if you will. So when you say these mean and hateful things its a deep burn I feel. So much that I find it hard to fall asleep at night.

So why don't we get you a tampon, wait a week and let your hormones calm down and try being way less if a ******.

All love from Barrie. Call me!

Well after some more seat time in the FZ-09 I love it. I've upgraded the suspension, added Ivan's flash and a couple other carry over bits from my last bike. The motor is a gem, full exhaust will be added shortly.

There are a number of rack options for the bike now but I mainly strap a bag on so I went with the Shad arms which are meant to be used with the baseplate from their top box. Just the arms were cheap so I sketched up a top plate to bolt to the arms. The plate has slots so it can be moved back and forth depending on if I have a passenger. It has multiple lashing points and speed holes but it is also drilled and tapped so I can bolt a case to it. I have a few different sized boxes that bolt right up in under a minute.

And my favourite part is the whole thing comes off the bike with 4 easily accessible bolts just in case someone tells me I bought the wrong bike for what I do :)

Still want to ride and FZ-10 though.

Some pics

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

20160516_192815_1.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

Some pics

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

20160516_192815_1.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg
Pics ??? Edit: Nevermind, couldn't see the pics at work

Congrats - I have the Ventura rack system, it's smaller than a full box but it fits everything i need on it and it takes less than a min to remove.

Last edited:
Well after some more seat time in the FZ-09 I love it. I've upgraded the suspension, added Ivan's flash and a couple other carry over bits from my last bike. The motor is a gem, full exhaust will be added shortly.

There are a number of rack options for the bike now but I mainly strap a bag on so I went with the Shad arms which are meant to be used with the baseplate from their top box. Just the arms were cheap so I sketched up a top plate to bolt to the arms. The plate has slots so it can be moved back and forth depending on if I have a passenger. It has multiple lashing points and speed holes but it is also drilled and tapped so I can bolt a case to it. I have a few different sized boxes that bolt right up in under a minute.

And my favourite part is the whole thing comes off the bike with 4 easily accessible bolts just in case someone tells me I bought the wrong bike for what I do :)

Some pics

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

20160516_192815_1.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

Nice looking, I like the minor add on. I think the mirrors would give a better view than stock. The luggage looks like you'll be able to hold a fair bit inside!

Some pics

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

20160516_192815_1.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

very nice!

Did you get those mirrors somewhere locally?? I want a set of those for my coffee racer

Cheers
Max

very nice!

Did you get those mirrors somewhere locally?? I want a set of those for my coffee racer

Cheers
Max

Thanks! No, they are Rizoma Reverse Retros and I paid full pop for them a few years back. I think they cost even more now... There are a ton of Chinese fakes that look good on ebay though.

I got mine from Paige at PJ's Parts, which is in the states but great prices, fast usps shipping and killer service.

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/index.php

Oakville Yamaha also carries a lot of Rizoma gear amongst other nice stuff...

Yea the comments about sports vs naked were just copied and pasted in response to the other thread OP.

I end up getting a reflash done on it, not necessary but I wanted a few other things the flash gave me:

Adjustability for ignition timing, fly by wire settings for each mode, fuel mapping, start up mode, fan temps, disabling ais valve, injector decel cut, o2 sensor disable, speed limiter removal, and ecu based quick shifting

I paid 180 US return shipping included.

whete did u flash your ecu for $180?

Back
Top Bottom