FZ 07, FZ 09, or FZ 10? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ 07, FZ 09, or FZ 10?

My FZ9 was amazing before it became a write off... **Mumbles something about POS drivers in Ontario**

The stock bike is awesome! I really enjoyed mine for the short time I had it and looking to get a new one this year. Since you are switching from the Daytona your lower back might not feel so rough on those longer rides. If you plan on doing road trips or need to carrier a few extra items, look at the FJ. That might be a better fit.

What is the general price difference for insurance?
Can someone provide some quotes when you checked.

At the rate things are going with insurance we will treat a 500 like a 1000 ss, lol
Omg, that is so much power for you to use on the street...lol

I also wonder how they will treat electric bikes since they don't work by cc and it appears you can/will get a lot more hp out of an electric bike.

My insurance company classes it as a sport tourer (same as my old FZ1) so insurance is quite reasonable.

Just to complicate things....this looks very interesting...

MO Espionage: Yamaha FZ-07 Ténéré Spy Shots
Finally, a new mid-sized ADV bike is in the pipeline
041316-Yamaha-Tenere-Spy-03-633x389.jpg

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/mo-espionage-yamaha-fz-07-tenere-spy-shots.html

Not trying to start an argument but i have to ask. Why did you even buy an FZ09? It looks like you were mislead into buying the wrong motorcycle and attempted to justify your mistake with mods.
I'll give you a real answer regardless if you are trolling or not.

No bike is perfect, every bike I ever had had something I didn't like and things I liked.

The Fz09 out of all biked I have ever own, has more things I like than not. You can change levers, add brake lines, add a wind screen but you can not change the engine or the chassis and I those are the things I love about the bike.

Also what you change on the bike depends on what you are planning to do with it, I am planning to do long road trips but I don't want to buy a dedicated bike for that like a BMW so I have to adapt mine.

There is no other bike I would rather have right now.... Maybe a KTM but the money is just not worth it.

Just about the same reasons and use my son has for owning his FZ8 ......can play hooligan and solo tour all on the same machine - excellent vaue for money and flat out fun to ride.

Yamaha set a whole new value for money standard with the FZ9.

I'll give you a real answer regardless if you are trolling or not.

No bike is perfect, every bike I ever had had something I didn't like and things I liked.

The Fz09 out of all biked I have ever own, has more things I like than not. You can change levers, add brake lines, add a wind screen but you can not change the engine or the chassis and I those are the things I love about the bike.

Also what you change on the bike depends on what you are planning to do with it, I am planning to do long road trips but I don't want to buy a dedicated bike for that like a BMW so I have to adapt mine.

There is no other bike I would rather have right now.... Maybe a KTM but the money is just not worth it.

Well I'm glad you like your 9. I haven't ridden one yet so I don't know how they feel on the street but from all accounts its a fun bike. Just don't see the point in putting a touring seat and saddle bags on a naked bike is all.

Well I'm glad you like your 9. I haven't ridden one yet so I don't know how they feel on the street but from all accounts its a fun bike. Just don't see the point in putting a touring seat and saddle bags on a naked bike is all.
The Point?

Seat = Comfort for short, long and medium distance rides - Not everyone just rides to Tim Hortons to pose.
Saddle = I can carry my rain gear when I commute to work everyday instead of using a back pack which I hate. I can also remove very easily when it's hooligan time.

I would think these things are common sense but I guess not.

If I only used my bike to "Rip" around then I would be as puzzled as you are, but I don't.

Maybe I would buy another liter bike for when I decide to go for a fast RIP
Buy a BMW for my long trips
Buy a Ducati for when I need to Pose
Buy a 250 for when I need to commute to work
and keep the FZ09 strictly for wheelies

or I can just adapt my bike for the various styles of ridding I do through the year...

Thank you for your concern though !

Last edited:
The Point?

Seat = Comfort for short, long and medium distance rides - Not everyone just rides to Tim Hortons to pose.
Saddle = I can carry my rain gear when I commute to work everyday instead of using a back pack which I hate. I can also remove very easily when it's hooligan time.

I would think these things are common sense but I guess not.

If I only used my bike to "Rip" around then I would be as puzzled as you are, but I don't.

Maybe I would buy another liter bike for when I decide to go for a fast RIP
Buy a BMW for my long trips
Buy a Ducati for when I need to Pose
Buy a 250 for when I need to commute to work
and keep the FZ09 strictly for wheelies

or I can just adapt my bike for the various styles of ridding I do through the year...

Thank you for your concern though !

I don't think you grasp the concept. No matter how much you spend and change the FZ09 will never be a good touring bike, it's really not that complicated.

I don't think you grasp the concept. No matter how much you spend and change the FZ09 will never be a good touring bike, it's really not that complicated.
Perhaps your post would be valid if the only riding he did was touring.

Perhaps your post would be valid if the only riding he did was touring.
Yea I just realized that there was no point trying to make him understand, he either didn't read or has issues understanding. Either way what I do with my bike is my business.

Yea I just realized that there was no point trying to make him understand, he either didn't read or has issues understanding. Either way what I do with my bike is my business.

You entered a discussion you obviously didn't read through or understand. I don't care what you do with your bike, neither does anyone else.

You entered a discussion you obviously didn't read through or understand. I don't care what you do with your bike, neither does anyone else.

OP is thinking in moving from a Sport to a naked bike and asked opinions on 3 bikes, I own one of them and gave him my feedback on Pros and Cons on the bike I have been riding for a year.

Can you answer how is that not understanding the conversation I went into? Specifically?

Now this is a fun conversation! I am going to start pulling my Crayons to paint you a picture

Drennan - you are completely off base and looking very immature. It's you that doesn't grasp the concept.

There are NO decent roads within a couple of hours of GTA.

An ideal bike can do a full day or weekend ride COMFORTABLY and still be fun in the twists and play hooligan around town.

All you need is a top case and tank bag for multiday solo rides to Quebec or deep into the US. I do it all the time with just a top box and tank bag. You do not need sidebags.....if you think you do you don't know how to pack.

My kid learned the hard way about full sport seating position on his SV650s and came back very uncomfortable after a few days in Quebec.

Switched to the FZ8 and did 10k in 3 weeks across Canada last June and the US and all in comfort just adding a Shad seat and topcase plus a tank bag. Doing another 3 weeker out east this June.

ZX600 is right on the money with his comments....and better yet owns one of the target bikes. Do you???

I don't know what is so difficult for you guys to understand here. Naked bikes lack a very important thing called wind protection so all I was saying is that it seems odd to me that someone would buy a brand new naked bike and then spend a bunch of extra money trying to set it up for long distance riding when it's already handicapped from the factory.

I don't know what is so difficult for you guys to understand here. Naked bikes lack a very important thing called wind protection so all I was saying is that it seems odd to me that someone would buy a brand new naked bike and then spend a bunch of extra money trying to set it up for long distance riding when it's already handicapped from the factory.

I rode the 401 and 407 today, i did not die from the wind......true story.

I rode the 401 and 407 today, i did not die from the wind......true story.

The standard has been set folks. "How does that bike handle the highway?" "Well I didn't die". :lmao:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom