GP Bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Bikes

jc100

I just bought a brand new bike from GP and the process was nothing short of marvellous to be honest. It was a complicated order with quite a few accessories and I was doing it all at a distance (2h away in Kingston). I had a trade in that the sales guy hadn't seen yet but he helped me with realistic (and very fair) quotes (contingent on inspection) and they sorted out delivery of my trade to them when the weather was a bit iffy. In the end I think I got a great deal, GP were happy with the trade too as it sold the next day I think. There's a couple of tiny details about some things missing on delivery but nothing earthshaking and my sales contact is sorting it out tomorrow. All the staff were extremely professional right from the Jamal that picked up my trade and delivered my new bike, the parts guys, service and Carl Goveia, my sales contact. I can't recommend Carl enough...he's been amazing throughout. They managed to deliver the bike to me this weekend when the bike show was on too, I for sure thought I'd need to wait another week or so as they were busy. I'm so pleased with how things have gone so far that I'll definitely be giving them some more of my business. I'll keep you updated with how the first service goes.

Also, partway through the deal, Jerry the owner called to update me on what was going on with the trade. That was a nice personal touch that was much appreciated. Customer service of this level can be rare these days. If you're in the market for a new bike head to GP to see what they can do for you. I have been very impressed so far.

Dealt with Carl as well when buying my most recent bike.
Outstanding guy.

I have the feeling that somebody bought a new ktm. Perhaps the 1190?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Bought a KTM Super Adventure and traded my Tiger 1050. Didn't post it privately as I got a decent trade-in price from GP and that was painless.

Bought a KTM Super Adventure and traded my Tiger 1050. Didn't post it privately as I got a decent trade-in price from GP and that was painless.
Sweet. That's one hell of a nice bike.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

if you don't mind posting what was the trade price ?

Keep in mind, if you trade your bike in at a dealer, you benefit from the taxes. So if the dealer gives you $5000 on your trade, you're really getting $5650.
If you sold your bike privately, and paid the same amount for the bike you are buying from a dealer, you need to come up with $5650 more, to cover taxes.
That would not apply, if you are buying privately, bikes do not have a blue book value. Whatever you and the seller agree to, is the price.

Keep in mind, if you trade your bike in at a dealer, you benefit from the taxes. So if the dealer gives you $5000 on your trade, you're really getting $5650.
If you sold your bike privately, and paid the same amount for the bike you are buying from a dealer, you need to come up with $5650 more, to cover taxes.
That would not apply, if you are buying privately, bikes do not have a blue book value. Whatever you and the seller agree to, is the price.
wait, what?

wait, what?

Yes, an advantage to trading in a car at a dealership towards a purchase at the same dealership, versus selling privately and then going to a replacement car elsewhere, there is a tax savings advantage to trading in at a dealership. Because the dealership is considered to be buying the vehicle for resale as opposed to for personal use, dealerships are exempt from paying tax, and instead, the tax amount on your trade in goes towards your next purchase at a dealership.

Yes..the trade in price plus the tax break I got was worth it to me. Dealing with one contact and not having to deal with Nigerian oil rig dwellers was also a bonus.

Yes, an advantage to trading in a car at a dealership towards a purchase at the same dealership, versus selling privately and then going to a replacement car elsewhere, there is a tax savings advantage to trading in at a dealership. Because the dealership is considered to be buying the vehicle for resale as opposed to for personal use, dealerships are exempt from paying tax, and instead, the tax amount on your trade in goes towards your next purchase at a dealership.

Exactly.

You do have to weigh the potential tax savings against the often much lower price (vs retail) a dealer will typically offer on a trade, however. If for example the tax savings using a vehicle for trade in is $500 based on the value they give you, but you know you could sell said vehicle for $2000 more than what they're offering you for trade in value, well....it's probably worth trying to sell privately and pocket the extra $1500.

Exactly.

You do have to weigh the potential tax savings against the often much lower price (vs retail) a dealer will typically offer on a trade, however. If for example the tax savings using a vehicle for trade in is $500 based on the value they give you, but you know you could sell said vehicle for $2000 more than what they're offering you for trade in value, well....it's probably worth trying to sell privately and pocket the extra $1500.

My last car I sold privately for 2500 over the dealer offer. In the past I did a complicated 3 way deal where I bought a bike from a dealership in Kitchener and traded my old bike in at an unrelated dealership in Burlington. Apparently there is a mechanism to make it work, I saved the tax on the trade-in value.

I bought my bike from Carl, he is amazing and would buy from home again. Great attention to detail and customer service.

Unfortunately, I have had a few negative interactions with Jerry.

I bought my bike from Carl, he is amazing and would buy from home again. Great attention to detail and customer service.

Unfortunately, I have had a few negative interactions with Jerry.

Me too. I was going to buy a Ducati. His cell phone rang, he answered at the same time I walked out the door. Plain rude. Whatever happened to good manners?

Went there on Saturday to pick up some stuff I ordered ... great service no complaints at all.

Back
Top Bottom