MSF M2 or MTO M2? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MSF M2 or MTO M2?

I wouldn't say looking ahead gives you a more realistic sense of speed, but that sense just comes with seat time (imo). In my case it didn't take long for 60km/h to seem slow, then 80, then 100, then 100+. If anything wind and lean angle give a better sense of speed overall.

That said, the look through the turn/where you want to go is always true....if there is one thing to remember from the course, it is likely that.

I Know looking where you go is important and all, and you want to look far ahead, but what do people mean when they say 'look THROUGH' a corner/curve? Look at the end of the curve? or look at the road AHEAD/AFTER the curve?

Also(this is something i intend to clear up with the instructors when i do the Retest this saturday) What is "Push steering"? Do you push DOWN on the handlebar in the direction you want to go?(push DOWN on the left handlebar if you want to go left?) or is it more of a your pushing from the OUTSIDE(So if you want to go left, you push the right handlebar TOWARDS the left, so the bike goes left?)

In other words, is it a VERTICAL PUSH(Down), or is it a HORIZONTAL push?

Last edited:
Also(this is something i intend to clear up with the instructors when i do the Retest this saturday) What is "Push steering"? Do you push DOWN on the handlebar in the direction you want to go?(push DOWN on the left handlebar if you want to go left?) or is it more of a your pushing from the OUTSIDE(So if you want to go left, you push the right handlebar TOWARDS the left, so the bike goes left?)

In other words, is it a VERTICAL PUSH(Down), or is it a HORIZONTAL push?

Sitting in the saddle and moving along at 40kph, if you push the left handlebar grip forward along its normal arc of movement, the bike will tend to turn left. It's sometimes called "countersteering" and initially seems counterintutive because by pushing that side you're basically turning the front wheel to the right. In cars (or on bikes at low speed), that results in right turn. On a bike at speed, it results in the bike going left.

The dynamics behind it are complex; look it up if you're really interested but, seriously, it's also not worth even thinking about this: If you've ever ridden a bicycle and you've got 10kph or more, you've push-steered. If you did the M1X course you've already push-steered, all without ever knowing you were doing it. It's one of those things we just naturally do when riding on a vehicle with 2 wheels.

do it! it's gonna be gorgeous warm and sunny this weekend. a great time to ride. do it @ MSF as MTO does NOT provide you a motorcycle to use for the testing. Good luck!

...or is it more of a your pushing from the OUTSIDE(So if you want to go left, you push the right handlebar TOWARDS the left, so the bike goes left?)

I don't want to beat on this, it's been explained, but it must be clear. The above example will have the opposite effect: push the right bar towards the left, bike will go right.

Remember: push the bar on the inside of the turn.

As mentioned, it's intuitive, you're already doing it.

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom