Parking car on soft shoulder. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking car on soft shoulder.

Growing up in the country I was under the impression you can park pretty much anywhere. I've never heard of someone getting a ticket outside of a city until now.

I think what happened in this case is the tagger got a complaint, arrived and couldn't determine if the vehicles were on the road, on the boulevard or on private property.
So he just went with the old standby of boulevard due to the distance from the roadway.
To be candid, I can't see someone writing tags in the middle of nowhere without a complaint.

City boulevards are easy to understand but what about the thousands of rural country roads? I wonder how many people you can't leave your vehicle to pee in the bushes? With the many thousands of laws on the books you have to wonder what other ones you're contravening regularly. Everybody either needs to be well versed in all areas of law or they're sitting ducks.

Not saying it is right at all...but technically doing that they could ticket you for both a parking infraction and public urination. lol

On a side note, friend of mine was ticketed for parking his motorcycle on the sidewalk in front of his own house. He went inside for 2-3 mins before putting the bike away in the garage to find the officer and the ticket.

At my old place I had to juggle vehicles in the (single width) driveway to hook up my trailer to go to a track day, which inevitably meant doing it myself at 5 AM. I recall having to do so with a city bylaw enforcement officer watching...

Not saying it is right at all...but technically doing that they could ticket you for both a parking infraction and public urination. lol

On a side note, friend of mine was ticketed for parking his motorcycle on the sidewalk in front of his own house. He went inside for 2-3 mins before putting the bike away in the garage to find the officer and the ticket.

Mississauga? Apparently they have a zero tolerance for blocking a sidewalk so don't let your bumper overhang even an inch.

Mississauga? Apparently they have a zero tolerance for blocking a sidewalk so don't let your bumper overhang even an inch.

Ajax or Whitby actually

Back
Top Bottom