Info about touring around Lake Michigan | GTAMotorcycle.com

Info about touring around Lake Michigan

Geo Bay

Looking for some info about touring around Lake Michigan this summer starting from Barrie. Would like to stop in Milwaukee to check out the HD factory. Any info would be great. Thanks.

I don't know how indicative my experience is as I didn't research the ride, but I hugged the coast from Sault St Marie to Saginaw and was bored out of my mind. Outside of the Mackinac Bridge, all I saw was a bunch of cottages and unbelievably massive boats being towed around.

Did a clockwise loop of lake Michigan last summer. Gathered a bunch of info on roadside america first. For example we dined with Jesus in Brighton before going to Hell (Hell Michigan). Michigan City Indiana has a train that literally runs down the street (it has to stop at red lights). We stopped at the now abandoned Joliet prison just because we liked the Blues Brother movie. In Manitowoc Wisconsin you van take a tour of a real WW2 submarine (awesome) then head up the coast a few minutes and spend your afternoon on the beach. For a 1$ you can ride the Zippen Pippen a wooden coaster that was a favorite of Elvis Presley. In past summers we spent a 3 or 4 days chasing ghost towns in the Upper Peninsula so we didn't spend much time there this go round. There's tons to see in the UP. I could go on. PM me if you want more detail or other particulars

Not sure about a ride around the lake but, a good time to stop and enjoy some local beers and music for just about any taste.

http://www.summerfest.com

We camped and I don't remember where. It was a Koa and reasonable cheap.

It was a very foggy trip as I wasn't riding or driving. Might have had a few wobbly pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom