cheapest insurance for honda, yamaha or kawasaki 1000CC | GTAMotorcycle.com

cheapest insurance for honda, yamaha or kawasaki 1000CC

imcool

Hello friends,
I just received my M1 and I will receive M in one or two months because I have driving abstract[been driving motorcycles back home for 8 years] from my country so I can skip the duration between tests.

I want to purchase either yamaha, honda or ninja 1000cc USED around 5K.

Please answer my following questions

1. Which insurance company should I go with?
2. can I pay for couple months for insurance and then suspend till next year?
3. I already have Td insurance for my car with G2 license but I checked their online quote for 1000Cc bikes and its like $$3400, cant afford that much ATM.

Please tell me my options and give me your valuable suggestions.

Thank you for reading.

Hello friends,
I just received my M1 and I will receive M in one or two months because I have driving abstract[been driving motorcycles back home for 8 years] from my country so I can skip the duration between tests.

I want to purchase either yamaha, honda or ninja 1000cc or around, Please answer my following questions

3. I already have Td insurance for my car with G2 license but I checked their online quote for 1000Cc bikes and its like $$3400, cant afford that much ATM.

Please tell me my options and give me your valuable suggestions.

Thank you for reading.
As far as I know, driving experience in another country has no effect on your licence class here in canada. If that's the case and you're under 30, I can safely say, expect to pay 3000+ per year in insurance on a 1000cc bike. I might be wrong but recent readings of people in (roughly) the same boat as you, they are hating life right now. bikelife that is.

Impossible to say. Something as little as your postal code can dramatically change quotes from one insurer to another because of their rating systems, so the only way to know for sure is to settle on a bike and call around to as many as you have time for.

Cancellation yes, suspension no - however most insurers that write 12 month policies here on bikes rate them on a 12 month period...so you're paying the same thing all year round but the payments from the winter months (when you're not actually riding) offset what would otherwise be drastically higher payments during the summer months. So if you ride during the summer and then cancel in the fall your insurer will send you a BIG bill for the portion of the premium they would have collected during the winter months. You also loose continuity in insurance which won't help you in the spring when you go to insurer again, and the same insurer may not even take your business knowing that you're going to just cancel again on them and they will need to chase you for money again.

In short, plan on taking a 1 year policy unless you can find an insurer that will still write shorter terms...but if you do, the monthly payments will be dramatically higher anyway so it's typically harder to swallow.

3. I already have Td insurance for my car with G2 license but I checked their online quote for 1000Cc bikes and its like $$3400, cant afford that much ATM

First off, NEVER trust online quotes.

Secondly, if you're inputting 8 years of experience into online quotes, and having had your full M for those 8 years as well...they're not going to be valid. As JP touched on, I'm not sure that any insurer will credit you much for that experience unless it was within Canada at least, at which point they will see an AutoPlus insurance history record for it. If it's outside of Canada it's could be a challenge to get any insurer here to accept it.

As for your full M licence, that's a help, but again, it may prove a challenge to get any credit for your out of country licence holder experience.

If I were you I'd contact your previous motorcycle insurer and see if you can get as many records as possible to confirm your coverage and experience and then when you CALL insurers/brokers (stressing CALL, forget about online quotes) you can offer it up in hope it may help you for rates.

In the end though, I concur, unless you find an insurer that is willing to accept out of country insurance history and a grandfathered licence...I would not expect a 1000CC sportbike to be remotely affordable for you based on what you posted as acceptable rate-wise. To the contrary, $3400 may end up being a very cheap rate assuming you input 8 years of experience and such on the online quote thing.

Good luck...let us know how it goes, but I think you may find it more reasonable to pick a smaller CC bike for your first year or so riding here - sportbikes got dramatically more expensive to insure here this year - there is tons of related posts in the insurance forum here.

OP is surely trolling right...

1000cc supersport- get the lube ready

1000cc cruiser- possible but still expensive.

You dont even have a G license.

You foreign driving experience is about as useful as a taxi drivers "PHD" from india.

You foreign driving experience is about as useful as a taxi drivers "PHD" from india.

There won't be any lube used :(

"You foreign driving experience is about as useful as a taxi drivers "PHD" from india."
how about truckers who are banking $10K per month and have their own trucking company?

anyways back to topic - Only utility of native country driving abstract or experience is to bypass wait period of M or G from G1 or m1. I asked that here to know if I get M right away then will I get less insurance but it seems like thats not the case.

by the way, thanks to all you members for such a prompt and detailed reply. Special thanks to Privatepilot.

Last edited:

:D:lmao::lmao:

Just one more question popped up in my mind right now, In context of weather, for how many months I can ride motorcycle in Ontario. MY location is near London ONtario.

Thank you

Just one more question popped up in my mind right now, In context of weather, for how many months I can ride motorcycle in Ontario. MY location is near London ONtario.

Thank you
exactly 137 days not counting days with full moons.

Thank you

Depends on how tough you are - do you consider rideable weather "The roads are clear of snow, salt and sand"....or "It's over 20 degrees"? I rode all winter whenever the roads were clear and it was over 6 or 8 degrees which it was an abnormal number of days this winter - do NOT expect that.

Typically the weather is rideable from mid April (if you don't mind a bit of a chill still) until late October.

If I can recall correctly I was riding until new yr eve,skip Jan,feb and begin riding in March ,..unusual April sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom