Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class.

Wow these classes are exciting.
Only if they would be able find a happy medium to run multiple light weight bikes together.
Would be cool to see Kawi 300 and KTM390 and R3's battle it out with a nice sized grid and level playing field.
Love the idea of production class and wish they had it for 600 and superbike would bring in allot more riders that might not have the big bankroll.

Wow these classes are exciting.
Only if they would be able find a happy medium to run multiple light weight bikes together.
Would be cool to see Kawi 300 and KTM390 and R3's battle it out with a nice sized grid and level playing field.
Love the idea of production class and wish they had it for 600 and superbike would bring in allot more riders that might not have the big bankroll.

They do...it's called light weight production :)

didn't know, lol. thanks. are all those bikes are racing in Lightweight Production or is there a specific year restriction?

http://www.shannonville.com/index.cfm?action=motorcycle.rules
Can't cut and paste it, but from a high level it covers any year 125cc through 500cc.

Cheers, thanks.
Surprised goes from 125 (cbr) to 400cc 2-and-4 strokes, and even 500-air cooled vintage.
Interesting mix, but does this at all achieve the level playing field production class intends to (in terms of the difference in bikes)?

Wouldn't pairing the 125-250 gp bikes in one class, 4 stroke 125's /250's in another, 300-390 4 strokes in their own class, etc; make for more even bike ranges/capability and close competition?

Sure it would great to have all those classes but there have to compromises due to track time availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, thanks.
Surprised goes from 125 (cbr) to 400cc 2-and-4 strokes, and even 500-air cooled vintage.
Interesting mix, but does this at all achieve the level playing field production class intends to (in terms of the difference in bikes)?

Wouldn't pairing the 125-250 gp bikes in one class, 4 stroke 125's /250's in another, 300-390 4 strokes in their own class, etc; make for more even bike ranges/capability and close competition?

This is what the class may look like this year.

Me- Bandit 400
Jared Walker- Ninja 300
Steve- Ninja 300
Joey- CBR250
JP- CBR250
Possibly Don- CBR250
Ed- EX500
Owen- EX500
Luc- EX500
STR - 300
Supernam - 300
Slick Steveo - 300
Owen - Ninja 250
Mikeyboy - CBR250

The 125/250 GP bikes run in LWT Superbike.

The class rules have been bent to allow for EX500s, FZR400s, and Bandit 400s to run with the CBR300/Ninja 300/R3/KTMs because they are pretty well even when it comes to lap times.

And it says air cooled 400cc two strokes....which the last was the 1980 RD400F and it made about 40hp (same as a ninja 300) with crappier suspension.

The bikes were all very close last year, we shall see this year.

Great info on the lightweight production class, thanks guys.
Don't have any lightweight machine right now, but perhaps a CBR250 or Ninja250/300 in the future/next year maybe.

I will not be doing any racing this year due to numerous reasons, the main one being that I bought a dirt bike. Good luck to everyone who is participating and I am hoping for large grids as there was enough hype for it this past winter.(no help from Kawasaki in this department)

Back
Top Bottom