Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class.

No I tried that. It was a mandatory tire "change". It was your choice to do it on Fri, Sat or Sun before the start of the Sun race. Disq from the Sun race would be the result if you had not completed the task.

And I am sorry but even if I had been able to "purchase" and sell off "new" tires that does not change the financial implications of the requirement.

As you read the thread of 300 Production you constantly hear of people wanting to experience racing at a minimum cost. Granted signing up for a national level event with travel requirements to other provinces does not suggest that a rider would not know that costs are higher than just running your local regional races.

I bring the point up that people considering the purchase of the Ninja 300 at $7500 should also work into their budget the anticipated costs of registration, transport, accommodation, crash parts and possible new tires every round.

Maybe the rule won't be there for the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Cup. And even then in the big picture the Alpha's are not that expensive but it does add to the racers' costs an additional $ 288 x 5 rounds IF the rule is there for 2016.

Edit: In addition, the rule package should state other parts that may influence some possible participates. ie: are tire warmers now allowed in this class where they were not in the CBR250 cup.

You know how all this could be fixed?

Just race in the RACE super series. lol

Maybe John can clarify, but when I used to race with the 125 Can-Am cup series....I dont remember a spec tire. It was CHEAP, and there were a LOT of us. I remember 55 riders 14-19 (and some Old fogies as well) on the grid, because all we had to do was buy a 125 honda, Yamaha, or Aprilla, I remember a guy having a gilleria too. There was really no difference apart from the rider. (Until Honda Canada fielded an RS125 for Chris Peris....dont even get me started on THAT)

If you want to get more people involves, take the manufactures out of the equation.

Open 400
51Hp limit. (CSBK has a dyno)

That way the RC390/R3 can only have limited upgrades, But say a CBR300r can be much more modified to compete with the bigger displacement bikes.

don't forget "showroom condition" ...lol when I went to the booth at the show today and asked the lady about the series, all she did was read the press release to me....she answered every question I had with " bike must be in showroom condition"

It's the National Show. They don't want unpainted fairings in primer grey. They don't want someone to wad their bike up in Race 1 in May and still running with ties/duct tape holding it together for the CTMP Round Race 10.

Source some Kawasaki green paint for the fairings and buy some green duct tape in case you lowside in Friday morning practice.

They are telling you that it's not club racing.

I believe that they are the same tires that the RC390s run in Motoamerica

I will definitely try to enter the races at RACE round 1. I guess I could put the sucky stock exhaust back on but I was planning to run S20 Evo's. Are the Dunlops any good?

You will need to buy a race license from CSBK as per the form on the website.

But the CSBK 300's have things that aren't allowed in 300 prod., like quick shifters and fork upgrades?

Will you need a different license to race in the Ninja Cup or will a regular RACE license be good enough?

It's the National Show. They don't want unpainted fairings in primer grey. They don't want someone to wad their bike up in Race 1 in May and still running with ties/duct tape holding it together for the CTMP Round Race 10.

Source some Kawasaki green paint for the fairings and buy some green duct tape in case you lowside in Friday morning practice.

That seems very odd. I have seen AMA/CSBK bikes with zip ties and duct tape everywhere.

So if I bin my bike, and break a side faring off...you cant run it naked with a belly pan? Stupid.

You will need to buy a race license from CSBK as per the form on the website.

CaChing CAching! Just toss your wallet to Colin and prepare your credit card!

Personally I have never re-teched a bike for CSBK post crash without a side fairing.

Without a side fairing you would be missing mandatory sponsor stickers possibly and with the $1500 purse paying to 10th place I would expect a DQ post race in the case that you somehow passed retech.

If I was ponying up the sponsor $ I would expect nothing less.

That seems very odd. I have seen AMA/CSBK bikes with zip ties and duct tape everywhere.

So if I bin my bike, and break a side faring off...you cant run it naked with a belly pan? Stupid.

CaChing CAching! Just toss your wallet to Colin and prepare your credit card!

CaChing CAching! Just toss your wallet to Colin and prepare your credit card![/QUOTE]

It's only $75 for a yearly License. eaaaasy there big fella.

I understand that, I just thought it was funny that she kept repeating it

BUT, there is no way in hell that I'm buying hotbodies fairings again. I ordered through the only Canadian supplier that I could find that carries them in mid February, still haven't got them.

Even if I do get the kit next week like I was promised, I doubt I'll have the time to install them on the bike before April 30. I could have bought some cheaper ebay stuff and had it mounted and painted by now.

So, even if my bike qualifies for the nationals, it wont be running in their series

Agreed, Hotbodies fairings suck. On my new (to me) 2012 600, they are crappy and on my 2008 GSX-R they are cracking and the gelcoat is flaking off.

Ok so if CSBK said you need to run Sharkskins bodywork that costed $1000 as opposed to the cheaper HB stuff would nobody complain then? I highly doubt it. Ever think that just maybe some of the purse money is coming from the companies that produce the mandatory equipment

If you want to race at the national level, bring national level equipment.

Ok so if CSBK said you need to run Sharkskins bodywork that costed $1000 as opposed to the cheaper HB stuff would nobody complain then? I highly doubt it. Ever think that just maybe some of the purse money is coming from the companies that produce the mandatory equipment

Yep

I'm new to this sport and learning as I go, i'm not complaining about the cost. Its how long it takes get and no real help from Canadian suppliers, or the racing organization.

In feb, at the motorcycle show downtown, I asked at the CBSK people about this bodykit and where I could source it, I was told to contact Brooklyn Racing. Called them, as soon as I mentioned Kawi 300, they immediately hung up.

I'm new to this sport and learning as I go, i'm not complaining about the cost. Its how long it takes get and no real help from Canadian suppliers, or the racing organization.

In feb, at the motorcycle show downtown, I asked at the CBSK people about this bodykit and where I could source it, I was told to contact Brooklyn Racing. Called them, as soon as I mentioned Kawi 300, they immediately hung up.

Did you try calling back? It shouldn't take more then a couple hours to mount the bodywork even if it's your first time.

I'm not sure how much more CSBK can help with getting you or your bike organized. The rule book is available for everyone and explains how the bike is to be prepared.

Did you try calling back? It shouldn't take more then a couple hours to mount the bodywork even if it's your first time.

I'm not sure how much more CSBK can help with getting you or your bike organized. The rule book is available for everyone and explains how the bike is to be prepared.

That's part of the confusion in that some of the "guidelines" have changed as of Friday and CSBK has not issued a rulebook section yet for the Kawasaki Cup 300.

That's part of the confusion in that some of the "guidelines" have changed as of Friday and CSBK has not issued a rulebook section yet for the Kawasaki Cup 300.

Ah, well that'll take a little bit of time.

yup, no answer

"rules"? This is what you are talking about ? http://www.csbk.ca/images/competitors/2016_Rule_Book.pdf

all I was looking for was information ..... If I offended you in anyway, I apologize

I'm not offended. Don't let a bit of BS hold you back from racing. The organizers are there to make things easier, as much as they can. Send off an email, bring the bike to the first round. If there's a couple small things that need to be addressed they'll help you get sorted out. If you show up with a bike that is way out in left field of the rules then obviously nothing can be done but you seem to know the general guide lines for the the 300 so work with what you know.

Thanks, the bike will be very close to what they were originally looking for. I almost built 2 of them but decided to wait on the second one.

If all goes well, I will be at RACE round one, so we'll see what happens

I just ordered a set of Armour Bodies fairings for my 300, Hope to have them in 1.5 weeks. Rest of the bike is mostly done.

Steve, you going to the practice weekend coming up?

Back
Top Bottom