Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class.

what about a person who wants to enter csbk 300 cup with a bike that doesn't have the mandated parts (shock/tires)? would you (lwt racer) go to bat for the RACE guys who want to enter 300 csbk cup? You have the contacts and offer from RACE direction - a little give and take on both sides arranged ahead of time?

I lost my torch and pitchfork long ago during the summit in toronto - barely managed to get away lmao.
and the tinfoil hat doesn't work..

Last edited:
what about a person who wants to enter csbk 300 cup with a bike that doesn't have the mandated parts (shock/tires)? would you (lwt racer) go to bat for the RACE guys who want to enter 300 csbk cup? You have the contacts and offer from RACE direction - a little give and take on both sides arranged ahead of time?

I lost my torch and pitchfork long ago during the summit in toronto - barely managed to get away lmao.
and the tinfoil hat doesn't work..

As far as ninja 300 riders who want to run in the csbk series...I can't say anything because I don't know how strict everything is.

With the cbr cup they kept close tabs on all the bikes to make sure that everyone was running the same stuff, so there was no clear advantage. Best bet for guys who want to run Michelins, and quick shifter and other things...just stick with lwt production, and 300 cup in RACE and lwt superbike in SOAR....because it would suck to pay for your csbk seat only to be disqualified because your bike doesn't fall inline with the spec rules.

From what I read in the article, it seems that you are no longer required to have Hotbodies fairings as originally announced. A stock bike would just need any fairing kit, brake guard, Dunlop Alpha 13's and safety wire to be eligible.

From what I read in the article, it seems that you are no longer required to have Hotbodies fairings as originally announced. A stock bike would just need any fairing kit, brake guard, Dunlop Alpha 13's and safety wire to be eligible.

don't forget "showroom condition" ...lol when I went to the booth at the show today and asked the lady about the series, all she did was read the press release to me....she answered every question I had with " bike must be in showroom condition"

don't forget "showroom condition" ...lol when I went to the booth at the show today and asked the lady about the series, all she did was read the press release to me....she answered every question I had with " bike must be in showroom condition"

Thats because nobody has any clue what is going on. It took them this long to sort their **** out for 2015.

When will they realize that 400 production is the way to go. Open manufactures 400cc and lower.

Sucks that Kawi waited so long to release this info. Last yr people were asking about it and nobody had any aswers. At the Jan bike show people were asking about it and if they were gonna sell off the already prepped loaner bikes from last yr's exhibition races- again no answers.
Kinda late, with a month to go, for a family to buy a $6000 bike for their newb kid, then outfit it with the requisite $3000 in race parts from their specific vendors only, and have it all done in a month.
Buncha ********. As an uncle of an up and coming 15 yr old who would relish this class, more notice could have potentially made something happen.
The format is good, the timing is not.

I will definitely try to enter the races at RACE round 1. I guess I could put the sucky stock exhaust back on but I was planning to run S20 Evo's. Are the Dunlops any good?

I will definitely try to enter the races at RACE round 1. I guess I could put the sucky stock exhaust back on but I was planning to run S20 Evo's. Are the Dunlops any good?

Are you planning on running more than 1 CSBK event? If your going to do the whole series...you may just want to follow the rule. If you are planning on just racing with RACE in 300 production, or LWT production then just leave you bike as is, and race whatever tires gets you hard at night.

Be aware that a set of "rules" yet to come. At present the Ninja 300 Cup is not reflected in the 2016 issued rulebook.

ie: the CBR250 cup had the stupid mandatory tire purchase per weekend in the rulebook (which was enforced) so some of you that are thinking of doing this on a budget may wish to wait until the rules are issued.

Be aware that a set of "rules" yet to come. At present the Ninja 300 Cup is not reflected in the 2016 issued rulebook.

ie: the CBR250 cup had the stupid mandatory tire purchase per weekend in the rulebook (which was enforced) so some of you that are thinking of doing this on a budget may wish to wait until the rules are issued.
That's ridiculous! Race a bike that can run a half a season or a season(I assume) on a set of tires, so attractive to racers on a smaller budget which gets bikes on the grid, then make them buy 5 or 6 sets of tires anyway. Wow.

Do they make you buy 60 litres of spec fuel per weekend too when you only need 15?

Remember I had 2 kids running that class in 2014 so I was double penalized every weekend.

That's ridiculous! Race a bike that can run a half a season or a season(I assume) on a set of tires, so attractive to racers on a smaller budget which gets bikes on the grid, then make them buy 5 or 6 sets of tires anyway. Wow.

Do they make you buy 60 litres of spec fuel per weekend too when you only need 15?

speaking of Dunlop, anyone see contingency numbers yet? It was supposed to be out next week 8 weeks ago

Remember I had 2 kids running that class in 2014 so I was double penalized every weekend.

So did you guys just slap fresh tires on every weekend for 2 years, then not buy tires all last year for the 250? You even gave me a set....not a lot of bikes out there that run a 150 rear...

I gave all the Dunlop Unbeaten tires away.
They all had only 3 days on them.

We ran only Pirelli in 2015.

All the 250s were shod with SCs when I sold them.

So did you guys just slap fresh tires on every weekend for 2 years, then not buy tires all last year for the 250? You even gave me a set....not a lot of bikes out there that run a 150 rear...

I gave all the Dunlop Unbeaten tires away.
They all had only 3 days on them.

We ran only Pirelli in 2015.

All the 250s were shod with SCs when I sold them.

I should have talked to you sooner! I thought the CBRs were a much smaller tire than my 400.

Oh well. shoulda woulda coulda....

You have to buy a set of tires ,, does not mean you have to use them,,,,,,I also think that rule was a hang over from the 125 era.

You have to buy a set of tires ,, does not mean you have to use them,,,,,,I also think that rule was a hang over from the 125 era.

No I tried that. It was a mandatory tire "change". It was your choice to do it on Fri, Sat or Sun before the start of the Sun race. Disq from the Sun race would be the result if you had not completed the task.

And I am sorry but even if I had been able to "purchase" and sell off "new" tires that does not change the financial implications of the requirement.

As you read the thread of 300 Production you constantly hear of people wanting to experience racing at a minimum cost. Granted signing up for a national level event with travel requirements to other provinces does not suggest that a rider would not know that costs are higher than just running your local regional races.

I bring the point up that people considering the purchase of the Ninja 300 at $7500 should also work into their budget the anticipated costs of registration, transport, accommodation, crash parts and possible new tires every round.

Maybe the rule won't be there for the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Cup. And even then in the big picture the Alpha's are not that expensive but it does add to the racers' costs an additional $ 288 x 5 rounds IF the rule is there for 2016.

Edit: In addition, the rule package should state other parts that may influence some possible participates. ie: are tire warmers now allowed in this class where they were not in the CBR250 cup.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom