Apex brakes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apex brakes

Had them do the rear line on my drz, works well, no probs
Dealt with him in person.

Gerry

Do they fab custom lengths brake lines? Link please.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

not slamming the company, but. is dirt cheap what you really want to be looking for in brakes??

I've used Apex. Yes they are dirt cheap but in no way does that translate to poor quality. In fact, quite the opposite. They are inexpensive, use high quality, builld reliable high quality brake lines, have fast delivery and offer good support both during and after the sale. Only caveats are (1) you really need to know the specs for all the lines you'll order (2) the connectors they use are not adjustable (once crimped they remain in that orientation). Item (2) can have consequences for example if your installation needs a particular orientation of banjo connectors otherwise any mis-orientation puts a twist in the brake line that causes it not to fit.

Does expensive always equate to quality?

never has, however, they appear to be car orientated, and with custom made lines, the diameter of the inside line can have huge effects on feel and performance of the master. I dont know what they use, but with a known bike line builder, you get what is proper, and some have ends that pivot.

in terms of the inside diameter, motorcycle and car hoses are the same. At my work we make brake lines with Brakequip hose and fittings. As long as the fittings are DOT, he pressure tests them and is insured you'll be ok. The lines we make typically aren't cheaper than OEM, but we can make them any length and combination you need. We pressure test them to 3000 PSI for 2 minutes.

I've bought some car lines with them & my rear brakes on my motorcycle is running them. Never had a problem with them but I read a review where they popped on a Porsche.

If the owner can show me some pics or results of pressure testing I'd buy again

I had a stock set for my 78 CB550 that I wanted to have replicated in SS braid. I tried for a few days to track them down to try and get an answer as to whether I can drop off the stock setup somewhere to be replicated. Never did work out. I ended up calling Pro6, dropped em off same day, and picked them up a few days later. Was reasonable for what I asked for. Not particularly cheap, but at the same time, you only get one chance to cheap out on brake components, so whatever.

Moral of the story: if you don't have the complete specs of what you want and/or you can't fit it into their web-form (for example if you want to do something like I did) it may not be as simple to do. But, the prices cant be beat if your ask is simple.

Back
Top Bottom